For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.

Visit or call +1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400
Other Countries

Canada Visa

All Experiences
Fields marked as * are required.

Subject is required.

Comment is required.

By submitting this post, you agree to Terms of Use.

Experience is successfully added.

Open work permit extension outside Canada
Hello All,

I applied for my open work permit extension from outside Canada and have received passport submission request. However, I am very confused regarding the next steps.

a) The email shows I need to send my passport and documents to VAC at LA or NY but how do I get the shipping labels for those?
b) Do I need to travel to Canada to get my work permit with renewed expiration date or that will be sent to me?
c) Can I apply for SIN from outside Canada?

Any leads on above will be much appreciated.

All Replies (2)


Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.