For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.

Visit or call +1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400


All Experiences
Fields marked as * are required.

Subject is required.

Comment is required.

By submitting this post, you agree to Terms of Use.

Experience is successfully added.

Marriage Registered in India and Divorce in US
Hi, I am writing to get some help in my case. I came to US on F1 and have an H1B. I got married in 2013 and it was an arranged marriage which is registered in India. Lately I have been having problems with my husband and I have been a victim of physical abuse. Any small argument and my husband he gets violent. I tried calling cops for help sometimes, but resisted. He feels sorry for hitting me but repeats over and over and there is no end.
Also, I came to know that he had crossed all limits with his ex-girl friend which he lied when we got married and he himself confessed. He thinks he loves me but things fall apart when we fight or argue. I tried everything and I don't have any further patience. Please advice on what I should be doing to file a divorce for a marriage registered in India. Any help is much appreciated.

All Replies (1)

Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.