Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP !! AOS from WVP

Hello everybody!!!

I might not be the first and last one to ask but I am quite overwhelmed with all the paperwork that needs to be done.

ANYWAY, I will try to make it short:

My fiancé and I have been dating for 4y and we are about to get married in 3 weeks from now. FYI Im French. I entered in the U.S on April 26th 2015 with a WVP that will expire July 26th. Now, I am aware that we need to fill for AOS right after we got married and ON TIME which means by July 26th documents will have to be received by immigration services.

We can not really afford to pay for a lawyer so I will be in charge of taking care of the paperwork (he is not good at all with keeping track of files and he is just not an organized person lol).

From my understanding about the "AOS package", it seems that we need to fill for:
    * i-130
    * i-485
    * i-765
    * i-864
    * i-131
    * G-1145
    * G-325a ( for him and me)
    * i-693

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG OR IF I MISS SOMETHING IN THIS LIST. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Now my main concern is to send the proper documents, at the right time, in the right order and with the right information ( no mistake in the fills). I have red that some doc need to be filled online and some not??

Also, do all these forms need to be filled and send separately along with proofs of our relationship since 4 years? Or is there a special order that we should follow? Like for example, when should we submit the i-131 and the i-693?

Is there a step by step list somewhere for similar cases than mine???

We are blessed to finally being able to be together for good and I really don't want to mess things up. I guess everybody here will understand how it feels, right?

Any help and/or advice will be MORE THAN WELCOME!!!!

Thanks everybody
    04/26/2015: Arrived in the U.S on VWP
    07/02/2015: Got married to USC spouse
    07/21/2015: AOS sent to Chicago PO box
    07/22/2015: Package received
    07/22/2015: Priority date
    07/28/2015: Confirmation email with Receipt # RECEIVED
    08/01/2015: NOA for AOS package received
    08/07/2015: Biometrics appt letter received with appt set up for 08/17/15
    08/17/2015: Biometrics done
    08/25/2015: Requested Expedite EAD
    08/29/2015: Biometrics appt letter received for USC spouse

JoJo,

Please see my responses in CAPS after your questions:

Originally posted by Jojo88 View Post
    Hello everybody!!!

I might not be the first and last one to ask but I am quite overwhelmed with all the paperwork that needs to be done.

ANYWAY, I will try to make it short:

My fiancé and I have been dating for 4y and we are about to get married in 3 weeks from now. FYI Im French. I entered in the U.S on April 26th 2015 with a WVP that will expire July 26th. Now, I am aware that we need to fill for AOS right after we got married and ON TIME which means by July 26th documents will have to be received by immigration services.

We can not really afford to pay for a lawyer so I will be in charge of taking care of the paperwork (he is not good at all with keeping track of files and he is just not an organized person lol).

From my understanding about the "AOS package", it seems that we need to fill for:
    * i-130
    * i-485
    * i-765
    * i-864
    * i-131
    * G-1145
    * G-325a ( for him and me)
    * i-693

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG OR IF I MISS SOMETHING IN THIS LIST. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

ADD SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS (birth, marriage, divorce, tax return, copies of our passport I-94, etc.). ADD 7 PASSPORT-STYLE PHOTOS OF YOU AND 1 OF YOUR HUSBAND, TWO CHECKS, FOR $420 AND $1,070.

Now my main concern is to send the proper documents, at the right time, in the right order and with the right information ( no mistake in the fills). I have red that some doc need to be filled online and some not??

THERE IS NO ONLINE SUBMITTAL OF DOCUMENTS FOR THIS PROCEDURE.

Also, do all these forms need to be filled and send separately along with proofs of our relationship since 4 years? Or is there a special order that we should follow? Like for example, when should we submit the i-131 and the i-693?

EVERYTHING SHOULD BE SUBMITTED AT SAME TIME, TOGETHER, TO THE CHICAGO LOCKBOX.

Is there a step by step list somewhere for similar cases than mine???

PLENTY OF SUCH SUMMARIES, EACH ONE CONTRADICTING THE OTHER FOR MINOR POINTS, CAN BE FOUND IN VARIOUS FORUMS ON THE WEB..

We are blessed to finally being able to be together for good and I really don't want to mess things up. I guess everybody here will understand how it feels, right?

Any help and/or advice will be MORE THAN WELCOME!!!!

Thanks everybody

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      JoJo,

Please see my responses in CAPS after your questions:

Thank you for your help!!! and I figured out that if we actually read the instructions for each forms, a lot of answers are already in! Next time I will be less lazy before asking lol.

Thanks again. It is highly appreciated to have answers so fast
      04/26/2015: Arrived in the U.S on VWP
      07/02/2015: Got married to USC spouse
      07/21/2015: AOS sent to Chicago PO box
      07/22/2015: Package received
      07/22/2015: Priority date
      07/28/2015: Confirmation email with Receipt # RECEIVED
      08/01/2015: NOA for AOS package received
      08/07/2015: Biometrics appt letter received with appt set up for 08/17/15
      08/17/2015: Biometrics done
      08/25/2015: Requested Expedite EAD
      08/29/2015: Biometrics appt letter received for USC spouse