I 130 approved but I 485 needs officer review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 130 approved but I 485 needs officer review

Thanks all for your messages of which i have read and followed up until this day.i will kindly love anyone with better clarification to help me understand why i have not gotten my Green card and why uscis decided to delay my case.
    I entered the country with a B1 visa April 2014 and after 4 month married my wife.we filed August 28, 2014 and got the available I797 Receipt of acceptance , did the bio-metrics and fingerprints
    3 months later, my WP came out and letter for interview also which was scheduled Jan 11, 2015. My wife is a US citizen and we went in for the interview with the immigration officer who was strict with us .
    He asked to interview my wife first separately and then myself.after asking basic questions with attitude, i decided to remain calm and he said he was going to send the case to his supervisor for decision.. My case status did not change online but
    6 months later immigration officers came into my house and took pictures of everything they saw and they were really nice to me telling me there was no reason to panic because my IO put up my case to them.
    They said i was going to hear from them soonest and i should not apply for a WP renewal since the old one was almost getting expired that everything looks good from their end.my wife and I decided to apply for a new one not wanting to take chances which we did and 1 month later, i was approved for I-130 and WP renewal. Also, i got a letter I-72 ( RFE ) in regards to I-485 from the houston office to go for fingerprint, medical and Tax return 2014 in order to Expedite my I-485 process..Reasons were because the first two were considered old after one year and the Tax return for 2014 was not submitted or not found in the packet.
    These were not difficult document to present as i made it available after 2 days and sent it to the officer who requested for it to his P.O.BOX..I have until March 5th 2016 to submit the requested document else i consider my application abandoned.i was very curious as to the delay and created an info pass for my wife and myself for the second week of Feb which when we got there, the officer that responded to us said everything looks good and my name for fingerprint and bio-metrics was cleared Jan 2016.His best guess would be the sole fact that they moved into a new office and they were also attending to Naturalization applicants at the moment but i should come back after 90 days to enquirer for more details if nothing is been done..
    Honestly , I am human , curios , anxious and frustrated with the waiting process since its almost getting to 2 years without a Green card.i do not know what the delay is and for the record, i did not get the services of an attorney because my wife and i are very educated to the demands of USCIS but it does not make us Geniuses!.. I will be glad to accept constructively criticism as a solution to kill the worries in my heart.God bless this forum and i will anticipate your response in earnest anticipation

Regards

I finally got my Green Card

Its an unexplainable feeling to look back at the waiting game with USCIS while I look at my green card which was sent to me on April 15th 2016..
    I could not take the delay anymore and decided to contact Ombudsman who contacted USCIS on my behalf and I got a response for a stokes interview.I prepared thoroughly with my wife with possible questions which could be asked and went in for the interview..it was a 50mins interview and all questions asked were questions which are more related to your everyday life with your wife. Yes! Houston office is so backlogged but the best way to get your I485 approved is with prayers and answer questions truthfully to the best of your knowledge to satisfy the IO curiosity. Finally I am a green card holder which took me 1yr 7months to get yet it came out successfully..a word to those waiting for a decision from USCIS. It is a waiting game but never give up because you will surely get there. Goodluck all and thanks to the forum

Houston Tx filer

Comment

Originally posted by cuten View Post
      Its an unexplainable feeling to look back at the waiting game with USCIS while I look at my green card which was sent to me on April 15th 2016..
      I could not take the delay anymore and decided to contact Ombudsman who contacted USCIS on my behalf and I got a response for a stokes interview.I prepared thoroughly with my wife with possible questions which could be asked and went in for the interview..it was a 50mins interview and all questions asked were questions which are more related to your everyday life with your wife. Yes! Houston office is so backlogged but the best way to get your I485 approved is with prayers and answer questions truthfully to the best of your knowledge to satisfy the IO curiosity. Finally I am a green card holder which took me 1yr 7months to get yet it came out successfully..a word to those waiting for a decision from USCIS. It is a waiting game but never give up because you will surely get there. Goodluck all and thanks to the forum

Houston Tx filer
      Thanks for sharing your story. My priority data 4-Sep-2015. Got my EAD on 17-Dec-2015. After that to wait to schedule a interview. Today is 27-April-2016 still no updating. ( I've been calling, They told me my case in local office now. )
      Houston TX.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan View Post
        Thanks for sharing your story. My priority data 4-Sep-2015. Got my EAD on 17-Dec-2015. After that to wait to schedule a interview. Today is 27-April-2016 still no updating. ( I've been calling, They told me my case in local office now. )
        Houston TX.
        Yeah I understand ..honest it took me 4months to get and interview date after EAD was received and after the interview, it took me 9months before the I-130 was approved. yet! like I said, Houston is seriously backlogged and one supervisor in the office told me that in order to meet up the quota for the month, files are randomly picked up from their dusty desk and attended to randomly. I could not wait anymore for such a generic response from them after 2 infopass appointment which made me contact ombudsman.try securing an infopass to know what the delay is and when you do, demand to speak to a supervisor .just maybe you might be able to get something out of it. other than that keep your fingers crossed and pray for expedient process .God speed bro

Comment

Yeah I understand ..honest it took me 4months to get and interview date after EAD was received and after the interview, it took me 9months before the I-130 was approved. yet! like I said, Houston is seriously backlogged and one supervisor in the office told me that in order to meet up the quota for the month, files are randomly picked up from their dusty desk and attended to randomly. I could not wait anymore for such a generic response from them after 2 infopass appointment which made me contact ombudsman.try securing an infopass to know what the delay is and when you do, demand to speak to a supervisor .just maybe you might be able to get something out of it. other than that keep your fingers crossed and pray for expedient process .God speed bro
          Thx man. I may think about to contact a ombudsman. Since 17th-Dec-2015 I received eAD. It has been 4 months. I just submit a request online for delay application. Hopefully I can hear something by 6-May-2016. If not I will contact ombudsman. Thanks again. God bless all!

Comment

Thx man. I may think about to contact a ombudsman. Since 17th-Dec-2015 I received eAD. It has been 4 months. I just submit a request online for delay application. Hopefully I can hear something by 6-May-2016. If not I will contact ombudsman. Thanks again. God bless all!

How do you contact an Ombudsman? they received my RFE on 1/12/2016, since then the status has not changed on the USCIS site 'it still reads 'they have received my RFE and will mail a decision or notify me if they need anything from me"....the priority date was 10/21/2015
            thanks
            Cittiz

Comment

Originally posted by citiz2015 View Post
              How do you contact an Ombudsman? they received my RFE on 1/12/2016, since then the status has not changed on the USCIS site 'it still reads 'they have received my RFE and will mail a decision or notify me if they need anything from me"....the priority date was 10/21/2015
              thanks
              Cittiz
              They received my RFE on 17th-Dec-2015. Honestly just wait. But I did call NBC to confirm my case already transfer to Houston Local office to wait for scheduling a interview. Online processing time shows, Houston local office processing July 1st 2015-> February 29 2016. So I think I gonna have status change by May. Also I submit a online request (https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/dis...oPageType=onpt
              on this link you can file a service inquiry online → then they will assign your case to an officer to research ) but this requirement have to be at least no response for 120 days. Good luck!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by citiz2015 View Post
              thanks
              Cittiz
              If by May I still did not hear anything from Houston office then I will contact a Ombudsman. You can search on Google " Ombudsman Houston ".

Comment

They received my RFE on 17th-Dec-2015. Honestly just wait. But I did call NBC to confirm my case already transfer to Houston Local office to wait for scheduling a interview. Online processing time shows, Houston local office processing July 1st 2015-> February 29 2016. So I think I gonna have status change by May. Also I submit a online request (https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/dis...oPageType=onpt
                on this link you can file a service inquiry online → then they will assign your case to an officer to research ) but this requirement have to be at least no response for 120 days. Good luck!!!

- - - Updated - - -

If by May I still did not hear anything from Houston office then I will contact a Ombudsman. You can search on Google " Ombudsman Houston ".
                The process of AOS usually takes 9months to 12 months and for some people it might be different.my best advice is to make an appointment which is usually the next thing to do after calling the customer service. I have a friend in Dallas whose priority date is May 2015 and he has called twice yet they keep on telling him that its still within the normal processing time. regardless, they will notify him asap when they are ready to schedule him for an interview. Having said that, I want to believe you guys are still on the right track with your processing while you anticipate what comes out from the appointment.

Houston Filer

Comment

The process of AOS usually takes 9months to 12 months and for some people it might be different.my best advice is to make an appointment which is usually the next thing to do after calling the customer service. I have a friend in Dallas whose priority date is May 2015 and he has called twice yet they keep on telling him that its still within the normal processing time. regardless, they will notify him asap when they are ready to schedule him for an interview. Having said that, I want to believe you guys are still on the right track with your processing while you anticipate what comes out from the appointment.

Houston Filer
                  Thanks for your information. Plz read all my comments then reply. ( Dallas office way behind, so it will take much longer for most people). Make a phone call only can confirm the case already transfer to local office. Then if you been waiting more then 120 days suggest that you have to file a online request to let a person to check on your case. Also based on processing timeframe, if it does not pass your priority date then you can just wait. BUT if already pass the date, you have to take action on the case.
                  Had bless all! Best luck to all!!!

Comment

Thanks all for your messages of which i have read and followed up until this day.i will kindly love anyone with better clarification to help me understand why i have not gotten my Green card and why uscis decided to delay my case.
                    I entered the country with a B1 visa April 2014 and after 4 month married my wife.we filed August 28, 2014 and got the available I797 Receipt of acceptance , did the bio-metrics and fingerprints
                    3 months later, my WP came out and letter for interview also which was scheduled Jan 11, 2015. My wife is a US citizen and we went in for the interview with the immigration officer who was strict with us .
                    He asked to interview my wife first separately and then myself.after asking basic questions with attitude, i decided to remain calm and he said he was going to send the case to his supervisor for decision.. My case status did not change online but
                    6 months later immigration officers came into my house and took pictures of everything they saw and they were really nice to me telling me there was no reason to panic because my IO put up my case to them.
                    They said i was going to hear from them soonest and i should not apply for a WP renewal since the old one was almost getting expired that everything looks good from their end.my wife and I decided to apply for a new one not wanting to take chances which we did and 1 month later, i was approved for I-130 and WP renewal. Also, i got a letter I-72 ( RFE ) in regards to I-485 from the houston office to go for fingerprint, medical and Tax return 2014 in order to Expedite my I-485 process..Reasons were because the first two were considered old after one year and the Tax return for 2014 was not submitted or not found in the packet.
                    These were not difficult document to present as i made it available after 2 days and sent it to the officer who requested for it to his P.O.BOX..I have until March 5th 2016 to submit the requested document else i consider my application abandoned.i was very curious as to the delay and created an info pass for my wife and myself for the second week of Feb which when we got there, the officer that responded to us said everything looks good and my name for fingerprint and bio-metrics was cleared Jan 2016.His best guess would be the sole fact that they moved into a new office and they were also attending to Naturalization applicants at the moment but i should come back after 90 days to enquirer for more details if nothing is been done..
                    Honestly , I am human , curios , anxious and frustrated with the waiting process since its almost getting to 2 years without a Green card.i do not know what the delay is and for the record, i did not get the services of an attorney because my wife and i are very educated to the demands of USCIS but it does not make us Geniuses!.. I will be glad to accept constructively criticism as a solution to kill the worries in my heart.God bless this forum and i will anticipate your response in earnest anticipation

Regards
                    So they did not approved your i-130 all these months?
                    my i-130 was approved on spot but AOS still initial review today it's been 1 month after interview.

Comment

I totally agree with you Jonathan..my suggestion are not legally bound bcos I am not an attorney rather just my journey so far which I bliv my failure shld be people's success in this forum..regardless, I anticipate a better outcome and a short time processing for you and everyone here bcos not being able to make better plans for one decision could lead to so many thoughts..thanks all

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X