Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego Processing Times

Good day all!

My husband is applying for change of status (i-485) in San Diego County. He had his fingerprints done, and as of 6/30/16, his online status has been updated to:

**Case is ready to be scheduled for interview**

Does anyone know... :

1. On the USCIS site for the San Diego field office, the i-485 has a processing date of 10/8/15. Is that the processing time once the interview is completed and you are waiting to receive your green card...or is it the processing time for interviews?

2. We recently moved (still within the county), and updated our mailing address on both the USCIS and USPS websites. We still have our old lease until the end of this month,so we've been able to check our old mailbox just in case. Nothing yet at either address. Does anyone have any experience with updating their mailing addresses with USCIS? Have things progressed smoothly in those cases?

Any similar experiences would be helpful. Neither my husband or myself have had family members go through this process before, so we are not super familiar with the timeline. I'm sure San Diego handles many, so it might be more backed up when compared to other counties/states.

Thank you! :-)

Hi,
    FYI. SD office processing time is VERY long so you should expect at least 9-10 months to get everything done. I have submitted my application early December last year and so far no interview has been scheduled yet. Plus there was not REF needed from me! I suggest you just be patient to wait there is nothing else we can do. Thanks!

Originally posted by PamelaC View Post
    Good day all!

My husband is applying for change of status (i-485) in San Diego County. He had his fingerprints done, and as of 6/30/16, his online status has been updated to:

**Case is ready to be scheduled for interview**

Does anyone know... :

1. On the USCIS site for the San Diego field office, the i-485 has a processing date of 10/8/15. Is that the processing time once the interview is completed and you are waiting to receive your green card...or is it the processing time for interviews?

2. We recently moved (still within the county), and updated our mailing address on both the USCIS and USPS websites. We still have our old lease until the end of this month,so we've been able to check our old mailbox just in case. Nothing yet at either address. Does anyone have any experience with updating their mailing addresses with USCIS? Have things progressed smoothly in those cases?

Any similar experiences would be helpful. Neither my husband or myself have had family members go through this process before, so we are not super familiar with the timeline. I'm sure San Diego handles many, so it might be more backed up when compared to other counties/states.

Thank you! :-)

Comment

What is your receipt date on the I-485 notice? That should be able to tell you more or less how much longer. We have our application pending in the Chula Vista office. I'm praying everything is done before October because once the holidays roll around, these offices come to a halt.

Comment

Originally posted by lovedoggies5 View Post
        What is your receipt date on the I-485 notice? That should be able to tell you more or less how much longer. We have our application pending in the Chula Vista office. I'm praying everything is done before October because once the holidays roll around, these offices come to a halt.
        My receipt date was 12/10/2015 and that is why I assume it takes minimum 10 months to get green card processed according to the time schedule online. I cannot even book flight to travel international or domestics just worried it will conflict with the interview date that I do not even know when it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by YIHANG0915 View Post
          My receipt date was 12/10/2015 and that is why I assume it takes minimum 10 months to get green card processed according to the time schedule online. I cannot even book flight to travel international or domestics just worried it will conflict with the interview date that I do not even know when it will be.
          They are super slow. My receipt date is 11/2/15 and right now they are processing applications with a receipt date of 10/19/15. Check the date on the website around mid August, they will have posted newer dates. I hope my husband gets his green card before November because once the holidays roll around, they stop working...

Comment

Originally posted by lovedoggies5 View Post
            They are super slow. My receipt date is 11/2/15 and right now they are processing applications with a receipt date of 10/19/15. Check the date on the website around mid August, they will have posted newer dates. I hope my husband gets his green card before November because once the holidays roll around, they stop working...
            Hope we can receive interview notification soon!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X