Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January 2017 Submission - Concurrent (I130, I485, I765)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by k23 View Post
    Yes I opened a sr on the 18th
    Can you please elaborate a little on your SR opened on july 18th for I-485 ? When, I am going to their e-request site, the option I see is 'Outside Normal Processing Time'. However, my field office is still processing Aug 2016 filers (My PD 01/10/2017, Dallas Field Office).

Hearing about your case, I am wondering whether I should give it a shot !

Comment

• Originally posted by nadimfh View Post
      Can you please elaborate a little on your SR opened on july 18th for I-485 ? When, I am going to their e-request site, the option I see is 'Outside Normal Processing Time'. However, my field office is still processing Aug 2016 filers (My PD 01/10/2017, Dallas Field Office).

Hearing about your case, I am wondering whether I should give it a shot !
      When I called the national customer service center few weeks back I was told I will be able to open a sr after 6 months from the Priority date. I think Outside processing time is from PD date not the field office processing time.

I went to the e- request site and selected the option outside normal processing time. At the end I got an email with sr number. I am pretty sure you will be able to open sr using the same option since it has been more than 6 months from PD date.

Give it a shot

Comment

• Infopass - Case still Unassigned

Frds - Today i had an Infopass to check on my status on I-485 and I-140 as my PD is Jan 17 with TSC processing time of I-140 is Jan 31. My case is still not assigned to anyone and i have been requested to write to TSC to assign/expedite my case with a valid reason, even-though it's out of processing time (for I-140). No SR created.

Disappointed to the hear the case which has been received 6 months ago is still not assigned to anyone :-(.

I'm waiting with Hope to hear some positive changes.

Comment

• My timeline

Hi everyone,

I just got my interview notice in Atlanta GA.
          My PD is Jan 13th, 2017
          Hope everyone will get your interview soon too!

Comment

• January 2017 filers

Hi Folks, January filers here from L.A., just want to share our experience and timeline. A same-sex couple here in Los Angeles, married in 2013. One is a U.S. Citizen, and the other entered with without inspection in 1990 but has an application for labor certification filed with the Department of Labor before April 30, 2001.

TIMELINE THUS FAR

01/10/2017: Mailed i130, i485/i485a, and i765 to National Benefits Center
            01/25/2017: Got in the mail three receipt letters (From i-797c) for all applications, priority date 01/17/2017
            02/02/2017: Got in the mail biometric appointment letter, scheduled for 02/13/2017
            02/13/2017: Took biometrics @ Application Support Center / USCIS Wilshire, got appointment letter stamped.
            04/20/2017: Got email notice from USCIS - "Request for Initial Evidence" mailed on 04/20/2017
            04/25/2017: Got RIF, asking for payment/fee for I485-A application.
            04/28/2017: Responded to RIF, sent proof of payment for I485-A
            05/10/2017: Got email notice that they received RIF response
            05/26/2017: Got notice of I765 approval
            06/01/2017: Got EAD
            06/05/2017: Got notice for i485 Interview, scheduled for July 12th
            07/12/2017: Went to interview @ Los Angeles, Downtown Office.

Our interview went well, it was short, and we had everything that they asked for. The Immigration Officer even commented, "Wow, you are making this easy for me". We had photocopies of everything neatly organized. HOWEVER, we were disappointed that we didn't get on-the-spot approval. The officer gave us a letter, "Notice of Interview Results" stating "Your case is being held for review. At this time, USCIS does not require any further information or documents from you. Should further information or documents be required, you will receive a native in the mail. We may also schedule you for another interview, you will receive a notice in the mail. Otherwise, a final decision will be mailed once your case is complete."

Now comes the hopefully not too much time waiting. We asked the officer how long does he think it will take... he said about "two weeks". We are now going on two weeks and 2 days... so far nothing.

Comment

• We got APPROVED!

Hi Folks, January filers here from L.A., just want to share our experience and timeline. A same-sex couple here in Los Angeles, married in 2013. One is a U.S. Citizen, and the other entered with without inspection in 1990 but has an application for labor certification filed with the Department of Labor before April 30, 2001.

TIMELINE THUS FAR

01/25/2017: Got in the mail three receipt letters (From i-797c) for all applications, priority date 01/17/2017
              02/02/2017: Got in the mail biometric appointment letter, scheduled for 02/13/2017
              02/13/2017: Took biometrics @ Application Support Center / USCIS Wilshire, got appointment letter stamped.
              04/20/2017: Got email notice from USCIS - "Request for Initial Evidence" mailed on 04/20/2017
              04/25/2017: Got RIE, asking for payment/fee for I485-A application.
              04/28/2017: Responded to RIE, sent proof of payment for I485-A
              05/10/2017: Got email notice that they received RIE response
              07/31/2017: Got email notice on our I485, the card is in production!
              -----

We got an email today stating: "Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production. On July 31, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxxx6 ..."

It looks like we got approved! We haven't gotten any hardcopy notice in the mail... yet. But we had a similar experience with our I765/EAD approval; we got an email notice followed by a letter in a few days and the actual card in a week. We'll be checking our mailbox daily!!

Some other observations about our case:

At our I485 interview it went well and was short. We had everything that they asked for on the interview notice form and more. We had photocopies of everything neatly organized.

HOWEVER, we didn't get on-the-spot approval. The officer gave us a letter, "Notice of Interview Results" stating "Your case is being held for review. At this time, USCIS does not require any further information or documents from you. Should further information or documents be required, you will receive a native in the mail. We may also schedule you for another interview, you will receive a notice in the mail. Otherwise, a final decision will be mailed once your case is complete."

Comment

• Originally posted by InLA View Post

TIMELINE THUS FAR

04/25/2017: Got RIE, asking for payment/fee for I485-A application.
                04/28/2017: Responded to RIE, sent proof of payment for I485-A
                05/10/2017: Got email notice that they received RIE response
                07/31/2017: Got email notice on our I485, the card is in production!
                -----

We got an email today stating: "Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production. On July 31, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxxx6 ..."

It looks like we got approved! We haven't gotten any hardcopy notice in the mail... yet. But we had a similar experience with our I765/EAD approval; we got an email notice followed by a letter in a few days and the actual card in a week. We'll be checking our mailbox daily!!

Some other observations about our case:

At our I485 interview it went well and was short. We had everything that they asked for on the interview notice form and more. We had photocopies of everything neatly organized.

HOWEVER, we didn't get on-the-spot approval. The officer gave us a letter, "Notice of Interview Results" stating "Your case is being held for review. At this time, USCIS does not require any further information or documents from you. Should further information or documents be required, you will receive a native in the mail. We may also schedule you for another interview, you will receive a notice in the mail. Otherwise, a final decision will be mailed once your case is complete."

Congrat!!!

Comment

• APPROVED I-130, I-148/I-148A and I-765 (Final Post)

Hi Folks,

I'm happy to report and share that my spouse got his I-148 approved and received his Green Card! I'm here to thank everyone who shared their experiences this forum. The posts have helped to keep our sanity and fears in check during this long process. So here is my final post with our experiences from start to finish. I hope that it helps you as other postings have helped us.

BACKGROUND

We are a same-sex married couple based Los Angeles, CA. We've been a couple since 1999, started living together in the early 2000's and married in 2013 when same-sex marriage was legalized. I'm a US Citizen, and my spouse is a Mexican national that came to the US without inspection in 1990.

We applied for Adjust of Status (AOS) based on 1) our marriage and 2) 1990's labor certification petition to qualify for AOS under the 245i/LIFE Act (see link below for more information on LIFE Act)

These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

We hired a lawyer. We consulted with more than one lawyer to see if we had a strong case before filing. We went on to hire the lawyer we felt was best to process and submit all applications; and to attend the subsequent I-485 interview with us. We hired Meredith Brown based in Glendale, CA.

TIMELINE (complete)

01/10/2017: All applications (I130, I485/I485a, and I765) mailed to National Benefits Center.
                  01/25/2017: We received three receipt letters (i-797c) by postal mail to all the requests, Priority Date 01/17/2017
                  01/25/2017: Sign up for email and text status alerts via USCIS website
                  02/02/2017: We received biometric appointment letter by postal mail, scheduled for 02/13/2017. We got no email/text alert before receiving the appointment letter.
                  02/13/2017: Spouse took biometrics @ Application Support Center / USCIS Wilshire, got appointment letter stamped. We got no email/text alert after biometrics appointment.
                  04/20/2017: Got email/text alert notice from USCIS that a "Request for Initial Evidence" (RIE) was mailed on 04/20/2017
                  04/24/2017: Received RIE letter by postal mail asking for payment/fee or proof of payment for I485-A application.
                  04/28/2017: Responded to RIE, mailed proof of payment for I485-A
                  05/10/2017: Received email/text notice that they received RIE response and that they started working on the case again. We got no notice/letter via postal mail
                  05/26/2017: Received email/text notice about our I-765 application: "Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production. On May 26, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx"
                  05/31/2017: Received email/text notice about our I-175 application: "Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production. On May 31, 2017, we mailed your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, to the address you gave us."
                  06/02/2017: We received an approval letter for our I-765/Employment Authorization application by postal mail.
                  06/03/2017: We received the actual Employment Authorization Document (EAD) card via postal priority mail.
                  06/07/2017: We received email/text notice about our I-485 application: "Your Case Status: Testing and Interview. On June 7, 2017, we scheduled you for your interview and mailed you an interview notice for Receipt Number MSC1xxxxxxxxx. Your interview is on July 12, 2017."
                  06/12/2017: Received I-485 appointment letter for interview, scheduled for July 12th
                  07/12/2017: Attended in person the interview @ Los Angeles, Downtown Office.
                  07/31/2017: We received email/text notice about our I-485 application: "Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production. On July 31, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxxxx and will mail it to the address you gave us."
                  08/04/2017: We received email/text notice about our I-485 application: "Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production. On August 4, 2017, we mailed your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxxx, to the address you gave us."
                  08/04/2017: WE RECEIVED APPROVAL LETTERS FOR I-130 AND I-485 BY POSTAL MAIL!
                  08/07/2017: WE GOT THE GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!

I-485/I-485A AND 245(i)/LIFE ACT

During the mid-1990's my spouse was petitioned by his then employer for an I-140 labor petition/certification. The company closed and subsequently, he lost the all files/paper related to the labor certification. Fast-forward to 2013, same-sex marriage is now legal, and we got married. We started to look and eventually found proof that a he was a beneficiary of a labor certification thru the California Employment Development Department (EDD). The EDD letter stated that a labor certification was indeed filed and that my spouse was the beneficiary and it also gave the priority date.

To be "grandfathered" and to AOS via 245i/LIFE Act we submitted: 1) a letter from the CA EDD, 2) two letters, one from a former employer and another from a coworker/supervisor, testifying he had skills related to the then labor certification, and 3) a paycheck stub from December 2001 as proof he was in the US at the time the LIFE Act took effect.

I-130/I-485 INTERVIEW

We had our interview on July 12th, 2017 at the Los Angeles downtown USCIS office. Our interview went well, it was short, and we had everything that they asked for. The Immigration Officer even commented, "Wow, you are making this easy for me." We had photocopies of everything neatly organized. It included basic stuff like lease agreement, health insurance, renters insurance, joint bank statements, utility bills, joint income tax returns from 2013 thru 2016, photos, marriage certificate, etc.

Almost all the questions were directed to my spouse, the beneficiary: "When did you meet?", "How long did you date?", "When did you arrive in the US?", and a lot of yes/no questions... all very basic questions and no trick questions at all. I was asked mostly yes/no questions and one "When did you get married?".

We didn't get on-the-spot approval. The officer gave us a letter, "Notice of Interview Results" stating "Your case is being held for review. At this time, USCIS does not require any further information or documents from you. Should further information or documents be required, you will receive a native in the mail. We may also schedule you for another interview; you will receive a notice in the mail. Otherwise, a final decision will be mailed once your case is complete."

EAD / GREEN CARD TRACKING

Both EAD and Green Card was delivered via priority mail. However, USCIS does not provide a tracking number. We were able to track the delivery of these documents by going to USPS website and setting up an alert/notification for any and all documents or packages sent to your home address via priority mail. Very useful to remove any guessing on when the green car will arrive.
                  Last edited by samlynn; 08-08-2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• January NSC Employment-Based Timelines

Based on the posted USCIS timelines, employment-based I-485 applications being filed through Nebraska Service Center should start to be processed within a few days. Please post any experiences either here or in the tracker (it seems the tracker has a lot of stale data).

Comment

• San Diego - Scheduled Interview!

Applied in San Diego, priority date 1/10/17
                      Got my interview scheduled September 26th! Finally...

Comment

• Approved

I had my interview last week on Thursday. We were approved on the spot. Getting my green card on Thursday. IO was very interested seeing documents regarding commingling of our finances. Just go with an positive attitude. Good luck eveyone.

Filed office : Charlotte
                        Pd: 01/17/2017

Comment

• PD 1/31 - Any Update from anyone?

Originally posted by GC_ View Post
                          Hello January Filers! it's great to see many of our cases are moving forward.
                          My update: On 5/8/2017 I got email/text that my I-131(Travel Document) and I-765(EAD) have been approved. On 5/9 I got email/text that EAD has been mailed!! I did not submit any Service Requests since I did get an RFIE, and the clock starts back to 0 starting that day. Based on when they reveived my RFE (3/3) they approved my EAD/AP within the 75 days (At day 66). Now, there's nothing left to do but wait for the interview. Hopefully it is sooner rather than later...let's hang in there and not lose hope! Below is my time line:

Mailed Application to Chicago Lockbox: 1/30/2017
                          Application Arrived (per UPS Receipt Notice): 1/31/2017 MSC **** ***
                          PRIORITY DATE: 1/31/2017 (Day 0)
                          Email/Text Message of Application being Accepted: 2/7/2017 (Day 7)
                          USCIS NOA arrived by Mail, 4 envelopes (I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765): 2/13/2017
                          Received Biometrics NOA by mail: 2/17/2017
                          Notice Date on Form: 2/11/2017 (Day 11)
                          Biometrics Appointment Scheduled: 2/27/2017 - did a walk in 1/21/2017
                          Email/Text Message of Request for Evidence: 2/22/2017 (Day 22)
                          RFE Docuemtns received: 3/3/2017 (Day 31)
                          Combo Card (EAD/AP) has been approved: 5/8/2017 (Day 97)
                          EAD has been mailed: 5/9/2017 (Day98)
                          Hi everyone, it seems my case has been in a standstill since I received my Combo Card back in May. Today will mark 217 days waiting since my PD (1/31). I submitted an online Service Request on 8/7/17 and was told to "Expect a reply by August 29, 2017" which I did not receive. Any January filers have any updates on their cases? Any Texas Filers around here? I see some have already had their interview/approved (Congrats to those of you ) but for the rest of us that are waiting have you submitted any SR? or called USCIS? I'm not sure what to do now... thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by indosby90 View Post
                            Just got an update on mine!

04/14/2017: Text and e-mail notification that EAD card is in production.

According to the congressional inquiry sent in by a friend who works for the congressman, my I-130 and I-485 have been assigned to an Officer. And that in Dallas (TX), they are currently interviewing I-130 and I-485 that were filed on or about July 15, 2016. I'm not too worried about the GC as long as I can go back to work

Good luck everyone!
                            Have you been given an update by your friend on which filings Dallas, TX is currently working on? I called USCIS and submitted another Service Request since my first one came to no conclusion. It seems the people on the phones can't see anything regarding a status update which is pretty hopeless. The lady could only help me create a second Service Request which I could have done on my own.
                            Any information helps, thanks!

Comment

• RFE for I 140

Hi,

I had concurrent filing with PD of 01/18 under EB1-C.

On 09/07 I received an RFE for my I-140.

Waiting for the RFE to be sent across to my office so that they let me know what needs to be done.

Comment

• What service center?

Is your case being processing through Nebraska? If not, which one?

Originally posted by gurueb1 View Post
                                Hi,

I had concurrent filing with PD of 01/18 under EB1-C.

On 09/07 I received an RFE for my I-140.

Waiting for the RFE to be sent across to my office so that they let me know what needs to be done.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X