No announcement yet.

RFE after I-485 interview (Connecticut)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE after I-485 interview (Connecticut)

Hi all, Thank you for your time to read this in advance

I have two (2) questions about RFE processing time after the interview and AP.

I had my I-485 interview last Wednesday (2/15) in CT.

I and my husband thought the interview was going well but then a small unexpected issue was found during the interview.

The IO found that my civil surgeon did not fill out the form, I-693 completely.

He forgot to fill out his contact information and certification part. He did signed though. (how come...)

The IO said that he believed our marriage is real, but he was not sure to approve without the incomplete I-693 form.

So, he said he would ask it to his manager on Friday which was last Friday, 2/17.

On 2/17, I checked my case status online and nothing changed or updated.

On 2/21 today, I went to infopass to check my status since I was told that the IO would make a decision last Friday.

I was told at the infopass that I am requested for evidence about the I-693 form. (RFE)

The lady I spoke with at the infopass, printed a copy of the letter that was mailed out to my home last Friday after the decision was made.

And it said I needed to submit a complete I-693 form.

On the letter I was advised to go back to the same doctor or have a new doctor to do the exam again.

But I expected this happening would be happen, so I brought a complete I-693 from the same doctor to the infopass.

So I told the lady that I had a complete one and gave it to her right away.

(Hopefully the civil surgeon filled out the form completely at this time...)

And I explained to her that the issue date of the complete I-693 form was same as the incomplete one.

The reason why I explained is that I did the first I-693 in Mar 2016 (3/17/2016) and it is about to expire.

And the issue is not about the form version, not asking me to do it again with new form.

It is about the civil surgeon's information only. The lady anyway took it at the infopass.

I asked her how long it would take to make a decision and she said she would give my new submission to an IO today and its up to the IO how long it would take to make a decision.

So, I have submitted the response to the RFE with the complete I-693 form at the infopass even I have not received the original RFE letter that was not delivered yet to my home.

I guess that same IO who did the I-485 interview, would be reviewing my RFE response.

(1)

Anyone of you was in the same situation? like got RFE after I-485 interview?

**** * I want to know how long does it take to make a decision from now on.

I already bought a flight ticket and plan to leave the US on 3/5 and come back on 4/22.

I bought the flight ticket before the interview because my marriage is real and I was 1000% sure that there would be no problem on my case since I prepare many evidence.

But who could know that a civil surgeon could make a mistake on the I-693 form like this

(2)

Additionally,

I have a valid AP (expiring in Nov 2017, I traveled to Canada Dec 2016 with it and there was no problem to land-re-entry)

But since Trump ... I am very worried about traveling out of the US.

Also I was kind of undocumented about 2 months before submitting green card applications.

I used to be a F1 visa holder and I used to live in NY.

And I moved to CT(06/2016) from NY because my husband got a new job.

So, I could not attend any ESL course classes/colleges because there is a limit of transportation where I live and I don't have a car.

I started to prepare for the green card things after I moved to CT. (submitted in 08/2016)

I did not want to make my case difficult/complicated, so I waited to move to CT and then submitted the green card applications.

After moving and before submitting the green card applications, it was about 2 months and I was not able to maintain my i-20.

That's why I was kind of undocumented.

**** * Is it safe to travel on AP in this case? I have no criminal records at all.

timelibe

how long did it take you to get an interview?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X