Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Woww.... that's great. At last something from Texas Service Center.

Lot of us here waiting for the decision from TSC. We would appreciate if you can share your time lines ?
    Applied Dec 10th, 18. Fingerprints Feb 2020 and just 2 days ago status changed to "My card is being produced..." then to "Case was approved..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreams Come True View Post

Applied Dec 10th, 18. Fingerprints Feb 2020 and just 2 days ago status changed to "My card is being produced..." then to "Case was approved..."
      Thanks for your reply.

I am really happy for you and Enjoy your GC!!!

Comment

• Hi everyone!
        My timeline is:
        Apr 12 2019 asylum granted
        Apr 14 2020 application received
        May 7 2020 charged fee for GC and fingerprint fee
        NSC
        What usually goes next? Is it good that they already charged money?
        Last edited by locker; 05-11-2020, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by locker View Post
          Hi everyone!
          My timeline is:
          Apr 12 2019 asylum granted
          Apr 14 2020 application received
          May 7 2020 charged fee for GC and fingerprint fee
          What usually goes next? Is it good that they already charged money?

Yes it's a good sign, on normal days, if you filed to NSC, within 5-6 weeks you would have a fingerprint appointment but because of covid-19 all in-person services were shut down. So I'm assuming finger print will be delayed for everyone, maybe up to 4 months.
          I applied to NSC during covid-19 closures (3 weeks ago) and still waiting for my fingerprint appointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

Yes it's a good sign, on normal days, if you filed to NSC, within 5-6 weeks you would have a fingerprint appointment but because of covid-19 all in-person services were shut down. So I'm assuming finger print will be delayed for everyone, maybe up to 4 months.
            I applied to NSC during covid-19 closures (3 weeks ago) and still waiting for my fingerprint appointment.
            I sent to Arizona Lockbox, they moved it to Nebraska Service Center, but everything still closed I read on another forum that they can use previous fingerprints. I hope!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreams Come True View Post

Congratulations. Finally some good news from TSC. I have applied in Nov 2018, Fingerprint in Feb 2020 and now waiting. I have one Question, Did you apply for you or any dependents as well. I have applied with my wife and kids. I am principal applicant.

Comment

• Originally posted by shuji_pk View Post

Congratulations. Finally some good news from TSC. I have applied in Nov 2018, Fingerprint in Feb 2020 and now waiting. I have one Question, Did you apply for you or any dependents as well. I have applied with my wife and kids. I am principal applicant.
                Were you fingerprinted before? back in 2018?
                Dreams Come True So do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zidane View Post

Were you fingerprinted before? back in 2018?
                  Dreams Come True So do you?
                  Nope. Just got Letter that they have fingerprint on file and they will use it. However Fingerprints taken in Feb 2020.

Comment

• Hello all, April 2020 filer here! Really anxious and sad that it will take longer because of biometrics not being scheduled

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleeasylee View Post

EAD is not required, but for some agencies is required, for example DMV in NJ they want only a valid EAD to renew a driver license which happened in my case, I had to apply for renewal for my EAD a5...
                      I guess it varies from DMV to DMV. When I was an asylee, I applied for and obtained the regular 8-year driver's license card using only my asylum approval letter and unrestricted SSN card. Sometimes, some public officers aren't too all-knowing and need to be educated sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post

I guess it varies from DMV to DMV. When I was an asylee, I applied for and obtained the regular 8-year driver's license card using only my asylum approval letter and unrestricted SSN card. Sometimes, some public officers aren't too all-knowing and need to be educated sometimes.
                        That’s correct ! Once a lady told a DMV clerk “get yourself some education”...
                        Unfortunately we must deal with them...

Comment

• Hey guys. I want to post my timeline

April, 2019: Application to register for Permanent resident I-485 sent. Texas service center.

April, 2019: Application received and a case...

April, 2019: Reusing the fingerprints which are on the file

Dec 2019: Applied for EAD using I-485 receipt

Feb 2020: Fingerprints taken again

Feb 2020: Applied for RTD with I-485 receipt

Mar 2020: Fingerprint requested for RTD but offices were closed

April 2020: EAD has been produced with validity 1 year

May 2020: Fingerprint on the file applied for RTD

Waiting for I-485 decision.............

Waiting for RTD..............

Comment

• Exactly a Year today when i sent my application.
                            Still waiting for the golden update

Comment

• I received my EAD last month , I don't think Green card will be processed anytime soon.

I hope I am wrong but never know, just keeping that dream .........

Is there anyone who got EAD and their GC got approved in the next month or so ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post
                                Exactly a Year today when i sent my application.
                                Still waiting for the golden update
                                Coming soon
                                where r u in nyc?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X