Field Office Processing Time Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field Office Processing Time Question

When you check the status of the various field offices and it states "Processing cases as of date" does that mean that they are currently (as of the date it is current through) scheduling interviews for people with that priority date or does it mean that they are actually conducting interviews for people with that priority date? Or does it mean something else entirely? If anyone can help clarify this at all that would be great! Thanks

Originally posted by antandlind View Post
    When you check the status of the various field offices and it states "Processing cases as of date" does that mean that they are currently (as of the date it is current through) scheduling interviews for people with that priority date or does it mean that they are actually conducting interviews for people with that priority date? Or does it mean something else entirely? If anyone can help clarify this at all that would be great! Thanks
    I get so confused with their processing times as well and I am unable to understand it
    Please someone who knows pitch in and let us know

Comment

My understanding of the dates is that the date given is the date on which you can expect action on the case.

So in the case of an EAD that would be the date by which it should have been approved.

In the case of the I-485‚my assumption is that you should have an interview date by then‚or at the very least an interview date scheduled by then.

In my own case the status of my I-130 has not changed at all since it was initially entered into the system‚ I am assuming that this is hand in hand with the I-485 for which I have received an interview date and therefore I am guessing does not need any update of it's own as they were filed concurrently.

These dates are of course all based off your priority date.

If for example you have not received notification of approval of your EAD by the date that is indicated as the current processing date‚*then your case would be considered outside of normal processing time. If this is the case then you should be able to open a service request and hopefully get some progress made on your case.
      Last edited by S_R_E; 05-30-2017, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Currently my office information is : Processing Dates as of MARCH 31 2017
        And it says that for my application type - August 4 2016
        So if in March this year they were working on August applications, does that mean now they are working on Oct ones ?
        Am I understanding this correct ?

Comment

Originally posted by martyivanova View Post
          Currently my office information is : Processing Dates as of MARCH 31 2017
          And it says that for my application type - August 4 2016
          So if in March this year they were working on August applications, does that mean now they are working on Oct ones ?
          Am I understanding this correct ?

No that means as of the last bulletin they are working on cases as of August 4 2016.

The dates are always taken by what the last reported date was‚not the last reported date PLUS the number of days since then.

Whatever date is shown for your case type (August 4 2016) is what they will reference until an updated date is published. They will always refer to the last published date‚ even if that date is over 30 days old. If you call USCIS about your case‚they will use the last reported date on the bulletin as the reference date.

That's just the way they seem to do it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X