Letter of Support that the Marriage is Bona Fide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter of Support that the Marriage is Bona Fide

AOS is through my USC spouse. I came here in 2001 on a B2 Visa and I overstayed.

Does anyone have a template or format for the letter that family and friends can write to support that our marriage is bona fide?

Also, is it better if the letters are written by people that attended out civil union?
    Forms sent 6/2
    Forms received 6/4
    Received texts/e-mails 6/6
    PD 6/5 & 6/6
    NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
    Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
    SR 9/2
    Contacted Congressman 10/1
    Called the Congressman's office 10/10
    Interview letter 10/10
    Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
    Received EAD/AP card 10/17
    Interview 11/8 RFE after
    New Card Being Produced 11/16
    Conditional GC received 11/24

To whom it may concern:

My name is Jacob Riser. I was born a US citizen in Cheektowaga, New York on September 3rd 1977. I live at 2311 43rd St #604, New York NY and work as a tattoo artist at Harlem Ink.

I've lived here in apartment #604 for the last 7 years. Yeah rent control!!! Around six months ago, a blonde girl moved into the unit next door (apartment #606). She's really cute, but it took me a whole month to work up the courage to talk to her and find out her name is Sarah. Unfortunately, it turned out she had a boyfriend.

In an effort to impress her with my ability to lift heavy stuff, I offered to help her if she ever needed to move her furniture around. She asked me for help bringing up new furniture, and I agreed to help before finding out it was her boyfriends stuff. That's right, I ended up helping her boyfriend move in. Our building doesn't have an elevator, which means I helped carry a bed a sofa a coffee table and a dresser for a girl who already has a boyfriend. Well, you live and learn right?

I met "Frank" that day, it was Saturday the 7th of December 2016. I know it must be that date because the next day was the memorable Patriots vs Eagles home game. Everyone remembers that game because Tom Brady broke his TD record despite his injured ankle. Insane. But I definitely remember that day because I lost a $500 bet on that game against my cousin Max. Funny thing, Frank looks a lot like Max. After moving all the furniture up to Sarah's apartment, Frank and I split a sixpack of Brooklyn Brewery's Sorachi Ace. He didn't know much about craft beer back then, but Frank sure knew a good beer when he tasted it. Sadly, the truck he rented got a ticket for being parked on the curb past the expiry of his permit. Immigrants, they gotta learn how the big city works the hard way

Yeah Frank was obviously an immigrant. I mean he didn't look so different, but he spoke with a heavy accent and used formal words as if he learned English in some strict classroom. My grandma would ashamed of me that I couldn't speak a word of Polish to him. It turns out Frank's real name is Franciszek which may seem strange to you, but we all call my cousin Max yet his real name is Maksymilian. I'm also sure he's an immigrant because he cooks. Look I can cook a mean burger or sausage on the grill, but Frank really really cooks. You know he's cooking because entire Floor 6 smells like heaven. Actually it smells like my babcia's kit chen growing up, and I guess my grandmas cooking is the closest thing I know to heaven

I'd see Frank and Sarah together alot on the weekends, they look really cutesey-pootsy together. I used to see them holding hands alot at first, while I was hoping they'd break up. You know, because Sarah is seriously fine. I don't know what she saw in Frank, the guy didn't have a job for like 6 months. Something about a visa. Like Sarah would be gone on weekdays during the day, and I'd hear Frank playing video games in their apartment. Yeah, the walls here in this building are really thin

About those thin walls, I could hear alot. Sarah would come home from work and yell at him for leaving the apartment a mess. He'd yell at her about how she thinks she's so superior because of her fancy job. Then i'd hear them have makeup sex. Then I'd hear them yell at each other some more. That was kind of their weeknight routine. Still, with all that yelling every day, on the weekends I'd see them holding hands and while doing laundry (there are washers and dryers on every floor). Sometimes you'd hear them singing together while folding laundry.

Starting last month, Frank started a job. Something to do with computers that I don't understand. He came over on a Saturday to share a few bottles of a Barrier Brewing imperial stout, and he talked about his new job. I don't know why he has to teach computers to learn (isn't that what people are for?), but I could see he was really excited to be working. Apparently he couldn't work for the last few months, and he and Sarah got married last year so he could get a visa, and now he has the privilege of working. Only an immigrant would think of working a privilege.

I don't hear them fight in the evenings now like they used to, but I still do hear them fight. They fight over chores. They fight over money, Frank thinks Sarah spends way too much on shoes. Sometimes I wish the walls here weren't so thin, but then I remember how little I pay in rent and I learn to accept the flaws of this place. One day I heard Sarah screaming at Frank getting texts from some girl at work late at night. That was brutal. She was crying and smashing dishes. Then like clockwork afterwards was the makeup sex. The weekend after that I saw them holding hands and singing in the laundry room, like nothing happened. I guess this is what married life is like.

These days, don't find myself wishing that they break up anymore. I mean Sarah is still fine as hell, but they sorta have a place in my life as a couple. I find myself thinking of them as a "them", like a single unit, instead of thinking of Frank and Sarah separately. Kinda like how both of them refer to themselves as "we" and "us" instead of "me". Sarah even referred to Franks couch as "our couch". Its funny, because she definitely referred to it as "Franks couch" when Frank & I moved it up 12 flights of stairs. Frank has even gotten Sarah interested in craft beer. She's slowly getting a taste for actual beer, but she's already into the tales and traditions behind small batch craft brewing. The three of us even traveled upstate to tour Peekskill Brewery's facilities and tasting room. We'll be visiting Other Half's brewery next week together.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be writing in this letter. Frank just asked me to write a letter about his marriage. What do I know about marriage? I'm a tattoo artist, not a marriage therapist. But they seem like a good fit for each other. So if you have questions that I didn't address in this letter, feel free to call me at (212)718-3479. Better yet, send some of your agents over with a six-pack of something hoppy

To the best of my knowledge everything I wrote in this letter is true. Signed today, May 30th 2017, at Sarah's favorite brunch spot,
    [signature]
    Jacob Riser

STATE OF NEW YORK
    KINGS COUNTY

[notary block]

Comment

AFFIDAVIT OF KELLY KAPOOR

In re: Sarah Geller's Application to Adjust Status
      before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service

Comes now Kelly Kapoor, being first duly sworn, under oath, and states as follows:

1. I am a United States citizen, born April 11 1980, working as an Analyst with the United States Patent Office, living at 433 James Madison Ct, Washington DC 82245. A copy of my passport biographic page and my employee ID are attached as EXHIBIT 1.

2. I first met Sarah Geller in August 2005 in Cambridge, Massachusetts where we both attended Harvard Law School. We shared an apartment together off campus from January 2006 to May 2007. We maintained correspondence since then using ********. A copy of our joint lease at 1942 University Avenue #324 is attached as EXHIBIT 2.

3. On April 18 2016 Sarah Geller sent me correspondence using ******** Messenger requesting my presence as a witness at her marriage ceremony to be held on May 8th 2016 at City Hall, 141 Worth Street, New York NY. She attached an image of the marriage license she had obtained from the New York City Clerk the day before. Said image is attached as EXHIBIT 3

4. On May 8 2016 I served as a witness at the marriage ceremony officiated by Clerk James Mitchell in the Clerk's Office at 141 Worth Street. Sarah Geller was present in her capacity as the bride. Frank Walcycek was present in his capacity as the groom. Vincent Rhenquist was present in his capacity as a witness. A photograph of the moment Clerk Mitchell names Mr Walcycek and Ms Geller as "man and wife" is attached as EXHIBIT 4. A photograph of Mr Walcycek, Ms Geller, Mr Rhenquist, and me in front of the Clerk's Office is attached EXHIBIT 5. Both photographs were contemporaneously timestamped by the camera used, a Polaroid D100

5. In order to independently verify that the marriage license was correctly filed with the New York City Clerk, I requested an informational extract from the New York Registrar of Vital Records. The actual extract and correspondence from the Registrar are attached as EXHIBIT 6.

Under pains and penalty of perjury, I affirm that the foregoing representations are the true and correct to the best of my knowledge, beliefs, and information. Further affiant sayeth not.

[signature block]
      [notary block]

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
        To whom it may concern:

My name is Jacob Riser. I was born a US citizen in Cheektowaga, New York on September 3rd 1977. I live at 2311 43rd St #604, New York NY and work as a tattoo artist at Harlem Ink.

I've lived here in apartment #604 for the last 7 years. Yeah rent control!!! Around six months ago, a blonde girl moved into the unit next door (apartment #606). She's really cute, but it took me a whole month to work up the courage to talk to her and find out her name is Sarah. Unfortunately, it turned out she had a boyfriend.

In an effort to impress her with my ability to lift heavy stuff, I offered to help her if she ever needed to move her furniture around. She asked me for help bringing up new furniture, and I agreed to help before finding out it was her boyfriends stuff. That's right, I ended up helping her boyfriend move in. Our building doesn't have an elevator, which means I helped carry a bed a sofa a coffee table and a dresser for a girl who already has a boyfriend. Well, you live and learn right?

I met "Frank" that day, it was Saturday the 7th of December 2016. I know it must be that date because the next day was the memorable Patriots vs Eagles home game. Everyone remembers that game because Tom Brady broke his TD record despite his injured ankle. Insane. But I definitely remember that day because I lost a $500 bet on that game against my cousin Max. Funny thing, Frank looks a lot like Max. After moving all the furniture up to Sarah's apartment, Frank and I split a sixpack of Brooklyn Brewery's Sorachi Ace. He didn't know much about craft beer back then, but Frank sure knew a good beer when he tasted it. Sadly, the truck he rented got a ticket for being parked on the curb past the expiry of his permit. Immigrants, they gotta learn how the big city works the hard way

Yeah Frank was obviously an immigrant. I mean he didn't look so different, but he spoke with a heavy accent and used formal words as if he learned English in some strict classroom. My grandma would ashamed of me that I couldn't speak a word of Polish to him. It turns out Frank's real name is Franciszek which may seem strange to you, but we all call my cousin Max yet his real name is Maksymilian. I'm also sure he's an immigrant because he cooks. Look I can cook a mean burger or sausage on the grill, but Frank really really cooks. You know he's cooking because entire Floor 6 smells like heaven. Actually it smells like my babcia's kit chen growing up, and I guess my grandmas cooking is the closest thing I know to heaven

I'd see Frank and Sarah together alot on the weekends, they look really cutesey-pootsy together. I used to see them holding hands alot at first, while I was hoping they'd break up. You know, because Sarah is seriously fine. I don't know what she saw in Frank, the guy didn't have a job for like 6 months. Something about a visa. Like Sarah would be gone on weekdays during the day, and I'd hear Frank playing video games in their apartment. Yeah, the walls here in this building are really thin

About those thin walls, I could hear alot. Sarah would come home from work and yell at him for leaving the apartment a mess. He'd yell at her about how she thinks she's so superior because of her fancy job. Then i'd hear them have makeup sex. Then I'd hear them yell at each other some more. That was kind of their weeknight routine. Still, with all that yelling every day, on the weekends I'd see them holding hands and while doing laundry (there are washers and dryers on every floor). Sometimes you'd hear them singing together while folding laundry.

Starting last month, Frank started a job. Something to do with computers that I don't understand. He came over on a Saturday to share a few bottles of a Barrier Brewing imperial stout, and he talked about his new job. I don't know why he has to teach computers to learn (isn't that what people are for?), but I could see he was really excited to be working. Apparently he couldn't work for the last few months, and he and Sarah got married last year so he could get a visa, and now he has the privilege of working. Only an immigrant would think of working a privilege.

I don't hear them fight in the evenings now like they used to, but I still do hear them fight. They fight over chores. They fight over money, Frank thinks Sarah spends way too much on shoes. Sometimes I wish the walls here weren't so thin, but then I remember how little I pay in rent and I learn to accept the flaws of this place. One day I heard Sarah screaming at Frank getting texts from some girl at work late at night. That was brutal. She was crying and smashing dishes. Then like clockwork afterwards was the makeup sex. The weekend after that I saw them holding hands and singing in the laundry room, like nothing happened. I guess this is what married life is like.

These days, don't find myself wishing that they break up anymore. I mean Sarah is still fine as hell, but they sorta have a place in my life as a couple. I find myself thinking of them as a "them", like a single unit, instead of thinking of Frank and Sarah separately. Kinda like how both of them refer to themselves as "we" and "us" instead of "me". Sarah even referred to Franks couch as "our couch". Its funny, because she definitely referred to it as "Franks couch" when Frank & I moved it up 12 flights of stairs. Frank has even gotten Sarah interested in craft beer. She's slowly getting a taste for actual beer, but she's already into the tales and traditions behind small batch craft brewing. The three of us even traveled upstate to tour Peekskill Brewery's facilities and tasting room. We'll be visiting Other Half's brewery next week together.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be writing in this letter. Frank just asked me to write a letter about his marriage. What do I know about marriage? I'm a tattoo artist, not a marriage therapist. But they seem like a good fit for each other. So if you have questions that I didn't address in this letter, feel free to call me at (212)718-3479. Better yet, send some of your agents over with a six-pack of something hoppy

To the best of my knowledge everything I wrote in this letter is true. Signed today, May 30th 2017, at Sarah's favorite brunch spot,
        [signature]
        Jacob Riser

STATE OF NEW YORK
        KINGS COUNTY

[notary block]
        Now THAT is an affidavit of bona fide marriage. Pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
          Now THAT is an affidavit of bona fide marriage. Pretty cool.
          Unfortunately, a good affidavit is not as valuable as other evidence of cohabiting, financial commingling, etc

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X