Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't receive my receipt number help

hello everyone

so my lawyer sent the I-130, I-485 and I-765 forms last march 24th 2017 thru USPS to Chicago office.
    an agent received the packet on March 27th , but so far we haven't received any receipt number.
    I called to the USCIS and I am not in the system, so it is probably still in the lockbox.
    I asked my lawyer and he said that is normal, that they take so long in sending us the receipt number, but It has been over 90 days today and nothing yet.
    Has anyone have a experience like this?

thank you

Originally posted by alexandra1102 View Post
    hello everyone

so my lawyer sent the I-130, I-485 and I-765 forms last march 24th 2017 thru USPS to Chicago office.
    an agent received the packet on March 27th , but so far we haven't received any receipt number.
    I called to the USCIS and I am not in the system, so it is probably still in the lockbox.
    I asked my lawyer and he said that is normal, that they take so long in sending us the receipt number, but It has been over 90 days today and nothing yet.
    Has anyone have a experience like this?

thank you
    It definitely does not take 90 days for them to send you a receipt. I sent my packet 6/2, Chicago Lockbox got it 6/4, text/e-mail notification 6/6 and I received the NOA in mail between 6/8 and 6/12. The reason why I do not know approximately when I got them (there were 4, 3 for me and 1 for my husband (I-131)) is because I was out of state.

I hope someone can tell you what you can do about it. Have they cashed the money order? That is the thing that I do not know and hence why I sent my own checks since I have a way to check if they took the money but I do not know if the same goes for money order.
    Forms sent 6/2
    Forms received 6/4
    Received texts/e-mails 6/6
    PD 6/5 & 6/6
    NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
    Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
    SR 9/2
    Contacted Congressman 10/1
    Called the Congressman's office 10/10
    Interview letter 10/10
    Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
    Received EAD/AP card 10/17
    Interview 11/8 RFE after
    New Card Being Produced 11/16
    Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

Wow
      Who sent the package you or your attorney if your attorney does, ask him for tracking number and also you can check if the money was cashed

Comment

I don't think it is normal since it has been 90 days. Usually getting the receipt takes 7-14 weeks. Has your check cleared? That is also one way to find out if they have received your packet.

Comment

Originally posted by alexandra1102 View Post
          hello everyone

an agent received the packet on March 27th ............,
          Do you have proof that it was received on March 27th and what do you mean with "agent"?
          Not legal advice.

Comment

no receipt number

my lawyer said he sent my application on jan 24th and havent received the receipt number. called the uscis nimber and i'm not in the system. lawyer said it can take up to 180 days. so I'm in the same situation. i do not have a cenceled check as the lawyer sent the check from his firm.

Comment

Originally posted by shtw View Post
              my lawyer said he sent my application on jan 24th and havent received the receipt number. called the uscis nimber and i'm not in the system. lawyer said it can take up to 180 days. so I'm in the same situation. i do not have a cenceled check as the lawyer sent the check from his firm.
              It does not take 180 days to issue receipts. There is something wrong. Are you sure your lawyer sent your AOS package? I do not like the idea of giving a lawyer the application fees and having the firm send the check to USCIS. I just wouldn't have been comfortable with that.

Look at my timeline and most people's. 12 - 14 days is all it takes. After 10 days, you can call USCIS and get your receipt numbers.

Ask your lawyer for the tracking number.

Comment

Non-Delivery of Notice
                Did you miss a notice about your pending case with USCIS? While your case is pending, we may mail you notices such as a request for additional evidence or a decision notice. Our customers sometimes report to us that these notices are not received. Check your case status online to see whether we mailed you a notice. For selected forms, you can send us an inquiry if you did not receive a notice that we mailed you.

NOTE: Do not submit an inquiry if you recently filed an application. You should receive a receipt notice within 30 days after filing at a Service Center or 10 days after filing at a Lockbox.

Comment

I have the same problem, sent the package myself on 19 th march 2019, I tracked it through FEDEX and it said delivered, my cheque was cashed but there is no case number on the back of it ( got the image from the bank). When I call they say I am not in the system, I have not received a single thing from USCIS. HELP!!

Comment

Originally posted by nehi View Post
                    I have the same problem, sent the package myself on 19 th march 2019, I tracked it through FEDEX and it said delivered, my cheque was cashed but there is no case number on the back of it ( got the image from the bank). When I call they say I am not in the system, I have not received a single thing from USCIS. HELP!!

Comment

Did u ever got your receipt? How did u go about it?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X