Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August Filers (Concurrent Filing of I-485,I-130, I-765, and I-131)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thewaitingame View Post
    Wow that was fast! What is your local office?
    Portland Maine

Comment

• Originally posted by JNJH2224 View Post
      Hang in there! It will come any day now. Yeah I stopped going by the online updates really. The text alerts are nice though because they instantly let you know when something does happen. Today I got a text that mine changed from "ready to be scheduled" to "interview is scheduled". I'd turn those on!
      Yup I've got the text/email updates on. Phew keeping my fingers crossed so thanks for the encouragement and good luck with the rest of your journey. You're almost there!! I know some June/July filers are still waiting for their EAD's or are just receiving them now. I've been seeing posts in other places that EAD/AP is averaging 90-100 days for processing. But it looks like 90 days is more of a goal rather than an actual reality. Anyways, will keep everyone updated. I'd love to have the interview done before the New Year, but we'll see.

Comment

• sigh....PD 08/30/2017. My i-485 status is still "Finger print fee was received".................
        PD: 08/30/2017

11/14/2017, I-765 status was changed to "New card is being produced".
        11/16/2017, I-765 status was changed to "Card was Mailed To Me".
        11/18/2017, Approval notices were received in mail for I-765 and 1-131. they would be valid for one year.
        11/20/2017, Combo card was delivered.
        09/06/2018, EAD renewal was received.
        09/17/2018, Fingerprint Review was completed.
        11/19/2018, Interview was scheduled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pepsimax View Post
          sigh....PD 08/30/2017. My i-485 status is still "Finger print fee was received".................
          Hang in there, friend. ✊ We August filers have reached the three-month mark. Still quite early, considering the overall process can take between 6-12 months on average. I think the people getting their EAD/AP and even interview notices are the minority, not the majority. Stay strong!

Comment

• Originally posted by coffeeaddict View Post
            Hang in there, friend. ✊ We August filers have reached the three-month mark. Still quite early, considering the overall process can take between 6-12 months on average. I think the people getting their EAD/AP and even interview notices are the minority, not the majority. Stay strong!
            Minority? As in?
            Forms sent 6/2
            Forms received 6/4
            Received texts/e-mails 6/6
            PD 6/5 & 6/6
            NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
            Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
            SR 9/2
            Contacted Congressman 10/1
            Called the Congressman's office 10/10
            Interview letter 10/10
            Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
            Received EAD/AP card 10/17
            Interview 11/8 RFE after
            New Card Being Produced 11/16
            Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

• Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post
              Minority? As in?
              I was speaking specifically for Aug filers. It's close to 100 days since August 1. For Aug filers who have already received EAD and/or interview notices, those notices have been within 90 days or so. The percentage of those Aug filers is very small compared to the TOTAL number of Aug filers. That's what I mean by minority. It's looking like the rest of us will receive the same updates sometime after the 100 day mark or even more.

Comment

• My PD is 08/22/17, got a notice for ready to be scheduled for interview on Oct 17th. But I know its going to be a long time before I get a date.

I'm just waiting on the EAD...

Comment

• Interview done, Waiting for the GC

Marriage based green card
                  Charlotte NC filer

Got Married: 05/06/2017
                  PD: 08/11/2017
                  Biometrics notification : 08/18/2017
                  Biometrics done : 09/08/2017
                  Scheduled for interview: 09/19/2017
                  interview date: 11/06/2017

My wife is a US citizen and I am on F1 student visa. We had our interview yesterday and got approved on the spot. Our interview time was 1:45 pm but we waited for another 2 hours before we got called for the interview. The interview was very simple. The IO asked what else do we like to submit and we had provided a new list of documents that we had and we showed him the bank statements for the months after we had submitted our application and then he said it's enough and we doesn't expect much because you haven't been married for a long time (the interview date was our 6 months anniversary date) He joked about having a weight limitation on each case lol and he said you can use some of the new documents when you want to apply for the permanent green card. The IO asked who else lives with us and we said George, our cat. He wanted to see a picture of him and we showed him a pic. We had 5 photo albums and and he looked at a couple of them and said no need to show the rest. He then went through I30 and I485 form and basically was showing us our answers to the question to make sure they are right. The only question that he asked me was that what is the name of my wife's parents and that was it. He then asked me the yes/no questions of the 485 form and then he said you are approved and I order your card now and you should receive it in 10 days. I asked about stamping my passport and he said I will stamp it if you are traveling in the next 10 days other wise there is no need since the stamp is another room and I have to go get it and he said if you have travel meanwhile that you are waiting for your card, you can come back and get your passport stamped. Our case was a straightforward case (we were classmates in the university and had no previous marriage,child etc). I think for the legitimate marriages there is nothing to worry about in the interview. Thank God everything went so quickly in our case and we had the interview in less than 3 months so I had not received my EAD card yet. I hope everyone gets their interview notice soon.

Comment

• Congratulations!

Originally posted by Amir_CLT View Post
                    Charlotte NC filer

My wife is a US citizen and I am on F1 student visa. We had our interview yesterday and got approved on the spot.
                    Congratulations and thank you for updating this thread!

USC->Parents AOS
                    • PD 8/21/17
                    • Combo card recvd 11/29, 11/30/17 Day 100, 101
                    • I-485 action: Card Being Produced! 4/10, 4/20/18 Day 232, 242
                    • I-485 and I-130 status changed to Approved 4/12, 4/23: Day 234, 245
                    • I-485 and I-130 approval notices in mail 4/14, 4/26: Day 236, 248
                    • I-485 action: Card mailed 4/17, 4/25: Day 239, 247
                    • Green Card delivered 4/19, 4/27: Day 241, 249

Comment

• Originally posted by Amir_CLT View Post
                      Charlotte NC filer

My wife is a US citizen and I am on F1 student visa. We had our interview yesterday and got approved on the spot. Our interview time was 1:45 pm but we waited for another 2 hours before we got called for the interview. The interview was very simple. The IO asked what else do we like to submit and we had provided a new list of documents that we had and we showed him the bank statements for the months after we had submitted our application and then he said it's enough and we doesn't expect much because you haven't been married for a long time (the interview date was our 6 months anniversary date) He joked about having a weight limitation on each case lol and he said you can use some of the new documents when you want to apply for the permanent green card. The IO asked who else lives with us and we said George, our cat. He wanted to see a picture of him and we showed him a pic. We had 5 photo albums and and he looked at a couple of them and said no need to show the rest. He then went through I30 and I485 form and basically was showing us our answers to the question to make sure they are right. The only question that he asked me was that what is the name of my wife's parents and that was it. He then asked me the yes/no questions of the 485 form and then he said you are approved and I order your card now and you should receive it in 10 days. I asked about stamping my passport and he said I will stamp it if you are traveling in the next 10 days other wise there is no need since the stamp is another room and I have to go get it and he said if you have travel meanwhile that you are waiting for your card, you can come back and get your passport stamped. Our case was a straightforward case (we were classmates in the university and had no previous marriage,child etc). I think for the legitimate marriages there is nothing to worry about in the interview. Thank God everything went so quickly in our case and we had the interview in less than 3 months so I had not received my EAD card yet. I hope everyone gets their interview notice soon.
                      My interview is tomorrow and I got married in April. Tomorrow will mark 7 months so I am in the same situation as you. We are bringing bank statements from the months after we sent the forms. Auto insurance, cell phone bills, hopefully a letter from my company's broker stating that my husband is the beneficiary of the life insurance, photos (only 35 since I am usually the photographer at events and my husband does not like photos taken of him), hotel stays, concert tickets, flight tickets, flight confirmations, wedding and birthday cards. I hope this is enough. Our marriage is legitimate but you never know what kind of IO you will get.

Also your timeline looks like you got done really quickly. Congratulations. My PD is 6/5, bio 6/28, SR 9/2, Interview notice 10/10 and EAD arrive 10/17.
                      Last edited by Walbrzyszanka21; 11-07-2017, 11:44 AM.
                      Forms sent 6/2
                      Forms received 6/4
                      Received texts/e-mails 6/6
                      PD 6/5 & 6/6
                      NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
                      Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
                      SR 9/2
                      Contacted Congressman 10/1
                      Called the Congressman's office 10/10
                      Interview letter 10/10
                      Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
                      Received EAD/AP card 10/17
                      Interview 11/8 RFE after
                      New Card Being Produced 11/16
                      Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

• Processing times

Pd: 8/1
                        Biometrics: 8/24
                        Rfe: 8/20
                        Sent in/ received: 9/1
                        Since then no news. Any experience with Lin waits after rfes? And any New Orleans filers on here??

Comment

• Walbrzyszanka21

Congrats on your interview.

How did you guys do?

Thanks for sharing

Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post
                          My interview is tomorrow and I got married in April. Tomorrow will mark 7 months so I am in the same situation as you. We are bringing bank statements from the months after we sent the forms. Auto insurance, cell phone bills, hopefully a letter from my company's broker stating that my husband is the beneficiary of the life insurance, photos (only 35 since I am usually the photographer at events and my husband does not like photos taken of him), hotel stays, concert tickets, flight tickets, flight confirmations, wedding and birthday cards. I hope this is enough. Our marriage is legitimate but you never know what kind of IO you will get.

Also your timeline looks like you got done really quickly. Congratulations. My PD is 6/5, bio 6/28, SR 9/2, Interview notice 10/10 and EAD arrive 10/17.

Comment

• Expedited EAD - what can I do next

Originally posted by AugTexas View Post
                            Hi, I am new here and will like to share my update so far (wished i saw this site before we submitted our application)

Mailed applications to USCIS Chicago Lockbox: 8/5/17
                            Applications received by USCIS: 8/8/17
                            Application Rejected due to incorrect fee :8/16/17
                            Received Rejected application package : 8/19/17
                            Mailed Application back with correct fees: 8/20/17
                            Packaged delivered at chicago mailbox :8/24/17
                            Received text notifications: 8/31/17
                            Fingerprint fee accepted: 8/31/17
                            I-797C for the applications received in mail: 9/5/17
                            Biometric appointment mail received: today 9/9/17 scheduled for 9/20/17- done
                            Update...
                            Today make it 75 days feom PD.
                            I called the Uscis center and asked to speak to a level 2 officer (instead of waiting for 160 minutes I opted dor the call back)
                            I got a call back from the level 2 officer who asked why i wanted my EAD expedited. Gave her reasons that my husband is currently down with hip injury and wont be able to work hence why i need to stary working ASAP so that i can support him and the children.
                            Few hours later my case was update to SR submitted....
                            Around 4pm it changed to assigned then request completed..
                            I got an email to fax my job offer (which i dont have one for now)
                            What do you thing i should do?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by AugTexas View Post
                              Update...
                              Today make it 75 days feom PD.
                              I called the Uscis center and asked to speak to a level 2 officer (instead of waiting for 160 minutes I opted dor the call back)
                              I got a call back from the level 2 officer who asked why i wanted my EAD expedited. Gave her reasons that my husband is currently down with hip injury and wont be able to work hence why i need to stary working ASAP so that i can support him and the children.
                              Few hours later my case was update to SR submitted....
                              Around 4pm it changed to assigned then request completed..
                              I got an email to fax my job offer (which i dont have one for now)
                              What do you thing i should do?

Thanks
                              So basically what you made it sound like to the officer was that you need to start working asap hence you already have something lined up. So he ran it as an expedite request if it was SR then you wouldn't have gotten a response in a day. Two things, you should have just put in a SR online and you would have received something very soon. IDK if you can do that anymore because you have an active SR but try to still just put an SR online and ignore the request for expedite.
                              Alternatively you can call in again speak to level two and say it was a misunderstanding and you dont have a job offer you just wanted to put in a normal 75 day SR.
                              What you described does not warrant to expedite your EAD so you have to go through normal route.

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang85635 View Post
                                So basically what you made it sound like to the officer was that you need to start working asap hence you already have something lined up. So he ran it as an expedite request if it was SR then you wouldn't have gotten a response in a day. Two things, you should have just put in a SR online and you would have received something very soon. IDK if you can do that anymore because you have an active SR but try to still just put an SR online and ignore the request for expedite.
                                Alternatively you can call in again speak to level two and say it was a misunderstanding and you dont have a job offer you just wanted to put in a normal 75 day SR.
                                What you described does not warrant to expedite your EAD so you have to go through normal route.
                                Thanks for the quick response @mustang85635
                                I will go with the option of calling back tommorrow to make them know that it was a misunderstanding and will just put in a service request. Hope it does not affect my case negatively.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X