Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August Filers (Concurrent Filing of I-485,I-130, I-765, and I-131)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dlucan View Post
    They don't specify on their website, but since they count calendar days and not business days for issued visas, I am working under the assumption that all their timelines are counted the same way unless specified. I speak to my lawyer later today, I will post an update after, and make sure I confirm or amend my answer based on info given to me.
    Okay thanks. I figured it was calendar days too because most businesses/people specify "business days" if that's the case. Today's day 76 for me and my cases haven't updated at all. Everything's at "Case Received" (I-485 is at "Fingerprint fee received"). I haven't been too worried about the EAD/AP card. But now, a dental issue has come up and it's making me antsy to start working so I can get some money to go to the dentist. As other people stated, it seems like EAD/AP processing times are closer to 90+ days now. I'm not sure if raising an SR now would be too soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by coffeeaddict View Post
      Okay thanks. I figured it was calendar days too because most businesses/people specify "business days" if that's the case. Today's day 76 for me and my cases haven't updated at all. Everything's at "Case Received" (I-485 is at "Fingerprint fee received"). I haven't been too worried about the EAD/AP card. But now, a dental issue has come up and it's making me antsy to start working so I can get some money to go to the dentist. As other people stated, it seems like EAD/AP processing times are closer to 90+ days now. I'm not sure if raising an SR now would be too soon?
      So i spoke with my lawyer. He said that i am welcome to request an jnquiry but he doesn't think that it will do anything right now. He will file it at the end of next month if i haven't received my EAD by then. Because they USCIS website has specific instructions regarding the possibility of making the request after 75 days, you can absolutely do it. I will be. I am just not going to count on it resulting in any progress. I just feel it would be better to take some action and knowing you did something than sit and wait, in this case. Personal opinion, of course.

Comment

• update

Originally posted by Allyna View Post
        Hello!

Filling from SC
        Package sent: August 26, 2017
        Packaged delivered : August 28, 2017
        USCIS acceptance confirmation by text & email : September 7, 2017
        Biometrics appointment : September 25, 2017
        Request for initial evidence (medical exam): September 27, 2017
        Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview : October 17, 2017 - USCIS online account update.
        Notice with interview appointment received today 10/12/17 - interview date 11/28/17

But i`m not sure if i understand exactly what they ask me to bring on interview day ...they say to bring "a complet Affidavit of Suport with all required evidence, including the fallowing, for each of your sponsor (unless already submitted) ...."

I believe if there was a problem with my I-864 form they were send me a RFE .. isn`t that so?

I already submitted them so no need to bring another one, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Allyna View Post
          Notice with interview appointment received today 10/12/17 - interview date 11/28/17

But i`m not sure if i understand exactly what they ask me to bring on interview day ...they say to bring "a complet Affidavit of Suport with all required evidence, including the fallowing, for each of your sponsor (unless already submitted) ...."

I believe if there was a problem with my I-864 form they were send me a RFE .. isn`t that so?
          I suggest bring everything you sent out along with extra documents proving your marriage. You can also bring pay stubs and a letter from the employer stating that you or your spouse (do not know who is the petitioner) are working at the comp-any and are receiving steady pay.
          Forms sent 6/2
          Forms received 6/4
          Received texts/e-mails 6/6
          PD 6/5 & 6/6
          NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
          Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
          SR 9/2
          Contacted Congressman 10/1
          Called the Congressman's office 10/10
          Interview letter 10/10
          Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
          Received EAD/AP card 10/17
          Interview 11/8 RFE after
          New Card Being Produced 11/16
          Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

• Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post
            I suggest bring everything you sent out along with extra documents proving your marriage. You can also bring pay stubs and a letter from the employer stating that you or your spouse (do not know who is the petitioner) are working at the comp-any and are receiving steady pay.
            The thing is my husband has his own business, its his first year as business owner and he didn`t paid any taxes yer, you have the option as new business owner to make your taxes at the end of the year...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Allyna View Post

I already submitted them so no need to bring another one, no?
            And if i don`t have my birth certificate in original ...do i have to tell my mom to send it to me or can i just go with a copy..?

Comment

So i spoke with my lawyer. He said that i am welcome to request an jnquiry but he doesn't think that it will do anything right now. He will file it at the end of next month if i haven't received my EAD by then. Because they USCIS website has specific instructions regarding the possibility of making the request after 75 days, you can absolutely do it. I will be. I am just not going to count on it resulting in any progress. I just feel it would be better to take some action and knowing you did something than sit and wait, in this case. Personal opinion, of course.
              Okay that's what I figured too. Like I said, I have a dental issue that I'd like to take care of, so it'd be nice to be able to start a job! Good luck. Hope it all goes well. I can't believe some August filers are getting interview notices!!!

Comment

I agree with you 100%. I put in a SR today on the 77th day. Not sure if it will make a difference but if I have a chance to do something I'm going to take it.

Comment

• Text Update

I received a text update saying I will be receiving an 1-797 in the mail, but this time receipt number starts with LIN, what could it be?

Comment

• Originally posted by JNJH2224 View Post
                    Our timelines are very similar:

August 7th 2017 - I-130, I-485 and I-765 sent to USCIS (Chicago Lockbox) - overnighted via FedEx.
                    August 14th 2017 - E-notification of receipt of all applications, checks cashed
                    August 21st 2017 - Mail receipt received for all applications (PD of Aug 14th 2017)
                    August 25th 2017 - Biometrics appointment notice received in mail
                    September 5th 2017 - Biometrics completed
                    September 9th 2017 - Request for Initial Evidence received in mail (regarding form I-864 as part of I-485)
                    October 4th 2017 - RFIE documents sent (Lee Summit, MO) - overnighted via FedEx.
                    October 6th 2017 - RFIE "received" and under review by USCIS (although this wasn't update online until Oct 18th)
                    October 18th 2017 - Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (although this wasn't updated online until Oct 20th)

Have you heard anything about your EAD yet ?

- - - Updated - - -

Did you have any luck with your inquiry?

Hi,
                    sorry to barge in to your conversation but my timeline is very similar. My package was sent 8/2 and received 8/7. Bio on 8/30... I received my EAD approval on 10/19 and got in the mail yesterday. Also case is ready to be scheduled for interview. Ive noticed others around my timeline have had similar experiences so you should be receiving it shortly! Hopefully this gives you some relief. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by am0722 View Post
                      Hi,
                      sorry to barge in to your conversation but my timeline is very similar. My package was sent 8/2 and received 8/7. Bio on 8/30... I received my EAD approval on 10/19 and got in the mail yesterday. Also case is ready to be scheduled for interview. Ive noticed others around my timeline have had similar experiences so you should be receiving it shortly! Hopefully this gives you some relief. Good luck!
                      Thanks so much for sharing your experience! I hope I receive mine soon. Congrats on yours!

Comment

Hi,

Where are you filing from? I also have similar tkmeline, but i am not as far. Apparently my field office (NOLA) is busier than a lot of other ones.

Comment

Hi,
                          Oh my gosh, congrats on getting your EAD approval and card. My PD is a week after you, so maybe people who filed then will be getting theirs soon too?! I wasn't too worried about things and I'm still not for the most part. It's just getting to the point where I have to admit to myself I'm getting antsy. Did you ever create a case inquiry for your EAD or did you just wait it out?

Comment

• Still waiting !

I was in the US on April 27th with B2 visa.

I got married on May 9th.

We really thought about to apply GC, because I have a business in my home country and I should travel frequently. It was difficult to decide and waiting in the US until getting GC. But we decided to apply at last.

August 7th 2017 - I-130, I-485 and I-765 sent to USCIS (Chicago Lockbox) - via USPS

Still waiting for the Interview. I need to go for my works but there is no guarantee when I come back if they let me come in or not.

My B2 visa is expiring tomorrow. So I am not sure if I need to apply to extend my B2 during the process. Is there anybody having the same situation ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gokhan View Post
                              I was in the US on April 27th with B2 visa.

I got married on May 9th.

We really thought about to apply GC, because I have a business in my home country and I should travel frequently. It was difficult to decide and waiting in the US until getting GC. But we decided to apply at last.

August 7th 2017 - I-130, I-485 and I-765 sent to USCIS (Chicago Lockbox) - via USPS

Still waiting for the Interview. I need to go for my works but there is no guarantee when I come back if they let me come in or not.

My B2 visa is expiring tomorrow. So I am not sure if I need to apply to extend my B2 during the process. Is there anybody having the same situation ?

You might be able to expedite your application for advanced parole. I would call into the USCIS customer service line or speak to your lawyer (or a lawyer, if you dont have one) for advise on how to proceed.
                              Good luck! I hope it works out.

Comment

• I tried to submit an online enquiry since my EAD and AP applications are on day 76 counting from my PD. However, the website says my case is within normal processing times and I cannot submit an enquiry. I thought we can submit one after 75 days? Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X