Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August Filers (Concurrent Filing of I-485,I-130, I-765, and I-131)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post
    Well technically the original processing time was 75-90 days for the EAD but now it has gotten longer. Just trying to think reasonably since they don't just receive one or two applications, they receive hundreds and thousands of them.
    From looking at August fillers on different forum this and other processing times are back to normal 90 days.
    It was about raising an SR which is anyones right after 75 days to raise one just like you did

*Important Information About Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
    You can submit an inquiry about your Form I-765 if your case has been pending more than 75 days.

Please note that for Form I-765 category (c)(8), based on a pending asylum application, the processing timeframes listed apply only to an initial filing.
    Please note that the adjudication of Form I-765 category (c)(33) filed with Form I-821D, requesting deferred action for childhood arrivals, does not begin until we make a decision on your request for deferred action.*

View case status online using your receipt number, which can be found on notices that you may have received from USCIS. Also, sign up for Case Status Online to: . Receive automatic case status updates by email or text message, . View your case history and upcoming case activities, . Check the status of multiple cases and inquiries that you may have submitted to USCIS

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang85635 View Post
      From looking at August fillers on different forum this and other processing times are back to normal 90 days.
      It was about raising an SR which is anyones right after 75 days to raise one just like you did

*Important Information About Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
      You can submit an inquiry about your Form I-765 if your case has been pending more than 75 days.

Please note that for Form I-765 category (c)(8), based on a pending asylum application, the processing timeframes listed apply only to an initial filing.
      Please note that the adjudication of Form I-765 category (c)(33) filed with Form I-821D, requesting deferred action for childhood arrivals, does not begin until we make a decision on your request for deferred action.*

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do
      I raised an SR on day 89 and yes everybody has the right to raise an SR but all I am saying is that if you raise it on day 75 or day 90, it still will not be resolved or you won't get a response ASAP. These people are working slow but they are working on many other applications.
      Forms sent 6/2
      Forms received 6/4
      Received texts/e-mails 6/6
      PD 6/5 & 6/6
      NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
      Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
      SR 9/2
      Contacted Congressman 10/1
      Called the Congressman's office 10/10
      Interview letter 10/10
      Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
      Received EAD/AP card 10/17
      Interview 11/8 RFE after
      New Card Being Produced 11/16
      Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

I raised an SR on day 89 and yes everybody has the right to raise an SR but all I am saying is that if you raise it on day 75 or day 90, it still will not be resolved or you won't get a response ASAP. These people are working slow but they are working on many other applications.
        Right no one can tell when the SR will be awnsered but they didnt want to raise an SR in the first place although he/she is already on more then 80 days

Comment

Yes I am aware that it probably won't resolve anything, but like you and a few others have said, we do have the right to raise a SR. Despite the large number of cases they are handling, people submit applications and make certain plans based on the processing times provided by USCIS. And unfortunately it is usually the "squeaky wheel that gets the grease" with these types of things. I would rather bring my case to their attention now, so that later down the line when I am really pressed for time I have a foot to stand on and show I have done what I can on my side to get my case moving.

Comment

• Originally posted by sololivas View Post
            Online actually. It says however my case has not been assigned to anyone so maybe it was just approved without the sr. Just received another update for the ap, it was also approved. Thank you for the congratulations!
            how do you submit an SR online?i did my SR on phone 2weeks ago and still waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by sololivas View Post
              Update on Day 76(Monday, October 23rd I submitted a service request for the I-765 which has yet to be assigned), today Day 80 (October 27 I received an updated case text message saying EAD was approved)
              Congrats on your case moving forward. Our timelines are very similar. I day 77 I put in a SR for my I-765, and today it is day 86 and nothing has changed. When I log in it still says that my service request hasn't been assigned to anyone for processing. I'm getting really discouraged. My 485 is "ready to be scheduled for an interview" and I'm so confused as to why this is moving forward but my 765/EAD is stuck.

Comment

• Question about my timeline

Hello Everyone!

Filing from NYC - Sent package to the Chicago Lockbox (I-130/I-485/I-765) with I-864.

Here is my timeline:

06/01/2017 – Got married
                08/08/2017 – Sent files to USCIS
                08/10/2017 – USCIS received files
                08/18/2017 – Text received from USCIS
                08/22/2017 – Receipts in Mail from USCIS
                09/14/2017 - Biometrics Done.
                09/15/2017 - Got an RFIE - Form I-130A which i didn't submit with my initial package.
                09/26/2017 - USCIS received my response for my RFIE.
                11/01/2017 - Called to USCIS and spoke to an officer that told me, that my case resets from the moment they received my RFIE response. Does anyone here have a similiar situation and how did it affected your time line.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfer27 View Post
                  Hello Everyone!

Filing from NYC - Sent package to the Chicago Lockbox (I-130/I-485/I-765) with I-864.

Here is my timeline:

06/01/2017 – Got married
                  08/08/2017 – Sent files to USCIS
                  08/10/2017 – USCIS received files
                  08/18/2017 – Text received from USCIS
                  08/22/2017 – Receipts in Mail from USCIS
                  09/14/2017 - Biometrics Done.
                  09/15/2017 - Got an RFIE - Form I-130A which i didn't submit with my initial package.
                  09/26/2017 - USCIS received my response for my RFIE.
                  11/01/2017 - Called to USCIS and spoke to an officer that told me, that my case resets from the moment they received my RFIE response. Does anyone here have a similiar situation and how did it affected your time line.

Thanks in advance.
                  The officer is correct. Receiving an RFE resets your timeline. Your "new" PD date is the date USCIS received the RFE. Many people experience this. Now all you have to do it wait but keep track of how many days have passed. You are past your 60 days but EAD processing time is 75-90 days. Now I am not sure if you should start the count from 9/26 but you can give USCIS a call in like two weeks (75th day) to see if anything has changed. I would also keep an eye on the RFE update.
                  Forms sent 6/2
                  Forms received 6/4
                  Received texts/e-mails 6/6
                  PD 6/5 & 6/6
                  NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
                  Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
                  SR 9/2
                  Contacted Congressman 10/1
                  Called the Congressman's office 10/10
                  Interview letter 10/10
                  Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
                  Received EAD/AP card 10/17
                  Interview 11/8 RFE after
                  New Card Being Produced 11/16
                  Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

• Thanks Walbrzyszanka21

Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post
                    The officer is correct. Receiving an RFE resets your timeline. Your "new" PD date is the date USCIS received the RFE. Many people experience this. Now all you have to do it wait but keep track of how many days have passed. You are past your 60 days but EAD processing time is 75-90 days. Now I am not sure if you should start the count from 9/26 but you can give USCIS a call in like two weeks (75th day) to see if anything has changed. I would also keep an eye on the RFE update.
                    I will definitely call them ion two weeks.

I just read this in the website:

If we issue a request for initial evidence, the date for calculating the processing time will start over from the date we receive the initial evidence.

For example, if your case has been pending for 60 days when we issue a request for initial evidence and you respond 30 days later, the date for calculating the processing time will start on the date we receive your response.

If we issue a request only for additional evidence, the processing will stop the day the request is issued and resume from the same point when we receive the additional evidence.
                    For example, if your case has been pending for 60 days when we issue a request for additional evidence and you respond 30 days later, we will resume processing your case as though it is day 60 on the date we receive your response.

Comment

• Hello Surfer27,

Walbrzyszanka21 is right.However the clock resetting also depens on how far along in the process are you. I just read that a guy got an RFE in mid September and had his EAD by the first week of Oct. Also, if someone gets an RFE after say 70 days of applying, his/her clock resetting to 0 does not make sense. I would not be too worried and as Walbrzyszanka21 said, call them in a couple of weeks.

Good luck!

Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by fbslims View Post
                        Hello Surfer27,

Walbrzyszanka21 is right.However the clock resetting also depens on how far along in the process are you. I just read that a guy got an RFE in mid September and had his EAD by the first week of Oct. Also, if someone gets an RFE after say 70 days of applying, his/her clock resetting to 0 does not make sense. I would not be too worried and as Walbrzyszanka21 said, call them in a couple of weeks.

Good luck!
                        There is a difference:
                        RFIE - Resets the clock.
                        RFE - Stops the clock.

Comment

• Then it is contradictory

Originally posted by azblk View Post
                          There is a difference:
                          RFIE - Resets the clock.
                          RFE - Stops the clock.

Hello azblk,

What i received was a RFIE which is the yellow piece of paper, but i the website says that they sent me a request for additional evidence and they response to that is that they received my request for evidence.

so then which is it?

RFIE: Request for Initial Evidence
                          RFE: Request for Evidence
                          RFAE: Request for additional Evidence?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfer27 View Post
                            Hello azblk,

What i received was a RFIE which is the yellow piece of paper, but i the website says that they sent me a request for additional evidence and they response to that is that they received my request for evidence.

so then which is it?

RFIE: Request for Initial Evidence
                            RFE: Request for Evidence
                            RFAE: Request for additional Evidence?

Thanks
                            RFIE - in theory resets the clock what this means is if your case goes outside normal processing time and you complain USCIS has RFIE as excuse.

Comment

• Thanks for your reply.

Thanks,.

Originally posted by azblk View Post
                              RFIE - in theory resets the clock what this means is if your case goes outside normal processing time and you complain USCIS has RFIE as excuse.

Comment

• Thanks!

Originally posted by fbslims View Post
                                Hello Surfer27,

Good luck!
                                Thanks for taking your time !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X