Domestic abuse case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domestic abuse case

I am a foreign alien and married to a US Citizen. Our marriage was bonafide but he got bored and ultimately told me he didn't want to be with me anymore. That was in June.
    Before that, he always made decisions by himself not taking care of me. He flew to Barcelona alone, because he "needed vacation", he went out every single week with friends, never inviting me, and always had something to complain.
    I received my EAD in August and started working last month. He asked me to move out. I was in total shock and I asked him please help me out with the interview process.
    Since June that we are not together, he's been acting very disrespectfully towards me. He didn't give me any money, just a little bit for groceries, he doesn't speak to me at all, says I'm dramatic, an idiot, a bitch, and overall mistreating me. Last night he brought someone to the apartment and - even though he say he didn't - I heard them having sex. I was moved to the sofa a week ago since he doesn't want me in the same bed since we're not together. I just cant stand this emotional distress. I felt my heart was torn in two.
    I understand our relationship didn't work but I am terrified about our USCIS interview. I've been in the country for several months now and I'm getting back on my feet now that I have a job. He said he'd help me stay but at this point I'm not sure he will, since he's been acting very disrespectful. I have tons of text messages proving that, plus all my friends knows about this. I don't know what to do, but I just can't keep living in the same apartment as him... some people told me to file for domestic abuse but he never hit me, or did anything to physically harm me. He had just been a total A*hole and disrespectful. I had a panick attack yesterday when I heard the noises coming out of the bedroom. I couldn't move, I contacted as many friends as I could but it was 1AM and they were sleeping. One of my friends texted me and told me to go to his place.
    My husband texted me in the morning saying he was dramatic and even though his "friend" kissed him, they didnt incur in any sexual activity. He always tries to say I'm the liar, I'm the dramatic... I just don't know what to do anymore.
    Please advice what I should do.

Originally posted by RileyCarter View Post
    I am a foreign alien and married to a US Citizen. Our marriage was bonafide but he got bored and ultimately told me he didn't want to be with me anymore. That was in June.
    Before that, he always made decisions by himself not taking care of me. He flew to Barcelona alone, because he "needed vacation", he went out every single week with friends, never inviting me, and always had something to complain.
    I received my EAD in August and started working last month. He asked me to move out. I was in total shock and I asked him please help me out with the interview process.
    Since June that we are not together, he's been acting very disrespectfully towards me. He didn't give me any money, just a little bit for groceries, he doesn't speak to me at all, says I'm dramatic, an idiot, a bitch, and overall mistreating me. Last night he brought someone to the apartment and - even though he say he didn't - I heard them having sex. I was moved to the sofa a week ago since he doesn't want me in the same bed since we're not together. I just cant stand this emotional distress. I felt my heart was torn in two.
    I understand our relationship didn't work but I am terrified about our USCIS interview. I've been in the country for several months now and I'm getting back on my feet now that I have a job. He said he'd help me stay but at this point I'm not sure he will, since he's been acting very disrespectful. I have tons of text messages proving that, plus all my friends knows about this. I don't know what to do, but I just can't keep living in the same apartment as him... some people told me to file for domestic abuse but he never hit me, or did anything to physically harm me. He had just been a total A*hole and disrespectful. I had a panick attack yesterday when I heard the noises coming out of the bedroom. I couldn't move, I contacted as many friends as I could but it was 1AM and they were sleeping. One of my friends texted me and told me to go to his place.
    My husband texted me in the morning saying he was dramatic and even though his "friend" kissed him, they didnt incur in any sexual activity. He always tries to say I'm the liar, I'm the dramatic... I just don't know what to do anymore.

You should leave. Emotional abuse is also abuse, it does not have to be physical. Move out and apply for VAWA if you want to stay in this country or go home. Abuse never gets better, only worse.

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post
      You should leave. Emotional abuse is also abuse, it does not have to be physical. Move out and apply for VAWA if you want to stay in this country or go home. Abuse never gets better, only worse.

It's not abuse. It's clearl the guy doesn't want her anymore but the witch is unwilling to leave this country so she keeps staying here basically so she doesn't go back to her crap country she came from.

She's gonna claim abuse and do VAWA even though the guy hasn't done anything wrong.

What would a regular old US girl do with this behavior? Dump him. This witch doesn't dump him solely because she only cares about her green card and not the relationship therefore she's commuting fraud as well

Comment

if this is abuse or not doesn't matter here. This will be very difficult to prove. Physical abuse can be documented but verbal/mental abuse is your word against his. if this relationship is over, and frankly it sounds over, then you will have to return to your country of citizenship.
        Last edited by samlynn; 10-06-2017, 06:48 PM.
        This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by hyuggdeek View Post
          It's not abuse. It's clearl the guy doesn't want her anymore but the witch is unwilling to leave this country so she keeps staying here basically so she doesn't go back to her crap country she came from.

She's gonna claim abuse and do VAWA even though the guy hasn't done anything wrong.

What would a regular old US girl do with this behavior? Dump him. This witch doesn't dump him solely because she only cares about her green card and not the relationship therefore she's commuting fraud as well
          STOP trolling this forum. You have no idea about the posters personal situation. Take your anger and insecurities elsewhere. No body here cares that you are always right or that you are saving to buy a million $ house or that you drive a $100.000 car. If you have nothing constructive to add keep moving.

Comment

Please be cordial here , she is obviously hurting and needs help, but unfortunately from what you said you dont qualify for the special category green card that is used for partners who have been victims of battery/domestic violence. From what you said he just isnt into you anymore and I agree with others you should leave asap. If your relationship breaks down you have two options : 1. Leave the country 2.Fall in love with someone else.

Good luck

Comment

This is a sad, sad situation. Somehow you both had a good relationship going and then it seems to be falling apart. If he wishes can you both seek counseling?

If he says he will let you stay, then perhaps you should believe that but have other plans. Returning to your own country is one option, however speak with an immigration lawyer and see your other options too.

Generally, spend as much time devoted in making a solid union than looking at other benefits. I too married a US citizen, green card was his idea, I had packed my bags for Jamaica after J1 ended, but our relationship was always more important. We went to pre-marital counseling, annoyed the heck out of each other to see how we handled conflict and so and so on. He was the one that did all the immigration documents, I was clueless. He did his research, heavy research. He mentally prepared me for the long wait for EAD (still waiting).

Overall, people invest in what they want. Your husband did too, but got derailed. I wish you the best. Do not stress! Pray! and seek answers. Tight hugs

[2QUOTE=RileyCarter;526856]I am a foreign alien and married to a US Citizen. Our marriage was bonafide but he got bored and ultimately told me he didn't want to be with me anymore. That was in June.
              Please advice what I should do.[/QUOTE]
              7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
              10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
              7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
              8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
              5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

hyuggdeek... GO find something USEFUL to do, like see a psychiatrist or something, your comments here are neither useful nor interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacelilly View Post
                  hyuggdeek... GO find something USEFUL to do, like see a psychiatrist or something, your comments here are neither useful nor interesting.
                  I assume your a female? You would say something like this.

It's clear to me the guy no longer wants her and openly stays knowing he's cheating on her in front of her yet she comes here trying to ask on filing a domestic "abuse" case.

Only a woman and castrated men would support this. Only someone who would abuse someone else's citizenship and record to stay in this country would think this. It should be very obvious the answer is to either work out WITH him or leave. This is how a normal relationship works. In this case all she wants is a document so she can stay and work here without having gone through the difficulty others have by waiting 10 years, having an immediate family member or being rich enough to get in viainvestment .

The only way she hopes to get in now that spreading her legs doesn't work is to claim a false abuse or VAWA case and lie and be ungrateful and unappreciative for everything he's done to her and spit on his face by claiming "abuse" or VAWA.

If she does that may karma ruin her life forever

Comment

It's clear to me the guy no longer wants her and openly stays knowing he's cheating on her in front of her yet she comes here trying to ask on filing a domestic "abuse" case.

Only a woman and castrated men would support this. Only someone who would abuse someone else's citizenship and record to stay in this country would think this. It should be very obvious the answer is to either work out WITH him or leave. This is how a normal relationship works. In this case all she wants is a document so she can stay and work here without having gone through the difficulty others have by waiting 10 years, having an immediate family member or being rich enough to get in viainvestment .

The only way she hopes to get in now that spreading her legs doesn't work is to claim a false abuse or VAWA case and lie and be ungrateful and unappreciative for everything he's done to her and spit on his face by claiming "abuse" or VAWA.

I guess you are on the wrong forum, cause people come here seeking assistance/guidance with immigration issues, not to be called names and be judged.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacelilly View Post
                      I guess you are on the wrong forum, cause people come here seeking assistance/guidance with immigration issues, not to be called names and be judged.
                      Don't cry. What people do when they claim false abuse or VAWA for no reason is wrong end of story

Your just defending it because you're desperate and all you care about is getting your own citizenship here no matter who's life you possibly ruin. You should feel guilt and shame if you have done it or support anyone who wants to do it.

The OP karma will get you back if you decide to file for abuse or VAWA.

After everything he's done now that he probably doesn't like you anymore because you have probably done something and I'm certain you aren't sharing the whole story... Even though you work you claim abuse because he doesn't give you money either? Why don't you give him some money? What if he no longer loves you or wants you? Your gonna stick around desperately and claim abuse instead of just divorcing him? Are you scared to lose the paper and work here? Because that's all you care abouT. Working here because the country you come from probably has horrible pay and you think you're entitled to someone else's citizenship benefits and American naturalization even if you have to lie and believe in your own lies and make others believe your despicable lies about abuse so you can obtain citizenship here so you can make a little more money and not live in thr country youre supposed to live in
                      Last edited by hyuggdeek; 10-07-2017, 03:16 AM.

Comment

hyuggdeek

So... I want to know why you are so sensitive to her situation? Is her cheating spouse related to you? Obviously you are not the cheating spouse because you have been to your appointment and drove off in you $100,000 car... and you still live with your parents and don't have a job. So why does her situation bother you so much? Not everyone has it as easy as you do...
                        Just my opinion... Use at your own risk...

Comment

Originally posted by RileyCarter View Post

How long have you been married to him? Truthfully, if you want to stay here you should try to find other avenues to get your green card. Personally I don't think it is worth the stress. You should file for divorce and consult a lawyer on your options on remaining in the US or returning to your home country.
                          Just my opinion... Use at your own risk...

Comment

Originally posted by PryncissQueen View Post
                            So... I want to know why you are so sensitive to her situation? Is her cheating spouse related to you? Obviously you are not the cheating spouse because you have been to your appointment and drove off in you $100,000 car... and you still live with your parents and don't have a job. So why does her situation bother you so much? Not everyone has it as easy as you do...
                            lol BURN ON him.
                            PD: 08/30/2017

11/14/2017, I-765 status was changed to "New card is being produced".
                            11/16/2017, I-765 status was changed to "Card was Mailed To Me".
                            11/18/2017, Approval notices were received in mail for I-765 and 1-131. they would be valid for one year.
                            11/20/2017, Combo card was delivered.
                            09/06/2018, EAD renewal was received.
                            09/17/2018, Fingerprint Review was completed.
                            11/19/2018, Interview was scheduled.

Comment

Rich people like you apparently are not informed about the process of becoming a citizen. Wait 10 years? Oh really? Then I should have been a citizen for 6 years now because I have been in this country for over 16 years. So, like others are saying, take your negativity and self-love and egotism out of this forum.
                              Forms sent 6/2
                              Forms received 6/4
                              Received texts/e-mails 6/6
                              PD 6/5 & 6/6
                              NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
                              Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
                              SR 9/2
                              Contacted Congressman 10/1
                              Called the Congressman's office 10/10
                              Interview letter 10/10
                              Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
                              Received EAD/AP card 10/17
                              Interview 11/8 RFE after
                              New Card Being Produced 11/16
                              Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}