Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medical expired, case still approved. Experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical expired, case still approved. Experiences?

I had my green card interview yesterday at the Memphis field office.
    The day before that we had a prep appointment with our lawyer, which was ok so far, until she asked us at the end:
    "When did you do your medical?"
    I said we did it last year August. She said I may have to get a new one, we can just send it in after the interview.

Well. So we went to the interview. We waited maybe 5 minutes until we were called in by a very friendly man who was humming all the way down the hallway.

He swore us in and first question he asked, was if we brought any new photos. I said yes, but then couldn't find them. They fell out of the envelope on the backseat of the car I offered to show them in my Walgreens account where I printed them the day before. But he didn't want to see them. He asked all kinds of questions. How we met, how quick we married (very quick), when... How I came to the U.S. With what Visa.

Then he asked about taxes. I'm self-employed so we filed separately. He asked why, so I said because my tax person told me to. Then he asked for my tax return. I forgot to bring my 2015 transcript, and haven't filed my taxes this year yet. So he asked again why I haven't filed my taxes yet. I said I'm honest, I'm not good with receipts. My tax person is still fighting her way though my bank statements. I already thought that this was not good and was afraid that he would say something and my case would be dismissed.

I then showed him printed statements of joint bank and credit card accounts, car insurance, utility bills.

He didn't want to see the updated sponsor tax returns and pay stubs even though we were told to bring them. He asked a little bit what I was doing for a living and then said: "ok... I'm gonna approve your case. You'll receive your green card in two weeks"

All happened in no more than 20 minutes. Not stressful at all.

Now he didn't say ANYTHING about the expired medical. Our lawyer said he may just overlook it and all is good. If not we just have to send it in. Case will still be approved just won't get the green card until they have the medical. Seems it's her first case where that happened.

I was surprised with what all what was missing and the medical that he just approved it

Has anybody made such an experience (expired medical, but case still approved)?
    Last edited by tmg27; 10-07-2017, 12:07 AM.
    11/25/2016 - Priority Date
    01/13/2017 - Biometrics appointment
    03/07/2017 - Combo Card received in mail
    03/13/2017 - Social Security Card received in mail
    08/24/2017 - Interview ready to be scheduled
    08/30/2017 - Interview scheduled for 10/05/2017
    10/05/2017 - Case approved

Has no one made any experience with expired medicals and the officer still approving on the spot?
    How likely is it that the green card just comes in? Or more likely that he goes through everything again, and realizes the medial is expired by a month and sends me a letter that he needs it? As I said, he said "You will receive your green card in 2 weeks"

Comment

Update: received approval notice section: adjustment as direct beneficiary of immigrant petition
      COA: IR6

I guess I won't have too update my medical then?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}