Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green card application returned - how to refile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card application returned - how to refile?

My package was returned with a NoA stapled to my I-485 indicating "The application/petition was filed on an outdated version of this form."

It doesn't specify which form is expired. My I-485 was filed on a version that expired 12/31/18, but apparently a new one came out between me mailing the application and now. Their G-325A and I-864 are both expired but there are no new versions on their website. Does this mean that I'm supposed to file the new I-485 form?

Also, another I-797C NoA was placed with my I-130, indicating "Your I-130 form is being returned to you because the eligibility you filed under requires that you file an I-485 also." So does this also point to the fact that my I-485 needs to be updated?

Also - my entire application and my supporting documents were stamped on the bottom of the pages with a long string of number. Can I refile all the other stamped documents that didn't have issues? Or do I have to print out whole new copies because of this stamp? And my sealed medical record was opened and sent back to me stapled together. Can I send this back to them even though it's not sealed since I only had that one copy?

There is a green sheet that came with the application saying I should correct the form and resubmit. But I'm not sure if this means I can resubmit the old copy of everything else with the new I-485?

Originally posted by joysbreath View Post
    My package was returned with a NoA stapled to my I-485 indicating "The application/petition was filed on an outdated version of this form."

It doesn't specify which form is expired. My I-485 was filed on a version that expired 12/31/18, but apparently a new one came out between me mailing the application and now. Their G-325A and I-864 are both expired but there are no new versions on their website. Does this mean that I'm supposed to file the new I-485 form?

Also, another I-797C NoA was placed with my I-130, indicating "Your I-130 form is being returned to you because the eligibility you filed under requires that you file an I-485 also." So does this also point to the fact that my I-485 needs to be updated?

Also - my entire application and my supporting documents were stamped on the bottom of the pages with a long string of number. Can I refile all the other stamped documents that didn't have issues? Or do I have to print out whole new copies because of this stamp? And my sealed medical record was opened and sent back to me stapled together. Can I send this back to them even though it's not sealed since I only had that one copy?

There is a green sheet that came with the application saying I should correct the form and resubmit. But I'm not sure if this means I can resubmit the old copy of everything else with the new I-485?

Check the bottom left of the forms you are using, you should be able to see the Edition Date of the form you are using then cross check it with the acceptable version posted on the website

Example: for Form I485
    The only version accepted is 06/27/17

Website says: 06/26/17. No previous editions accepted. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the Form and Instructions.

Expiry Date on Top right doesn't matter.

Just check every forms you filled. Some of the forms are not time sensitive and accepts old versions.

When did you submit your forms? I just submitted mine yesterday.
    Last edited by calgarygirl; 10-24-2017, 08:38 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=joysbreath;530268]My package was returned with a NoA stapled to my I-485 indicating "The application/petition was filed on an outdated version of this form."

There is a green sheet that came with the application saying I should correct the form and resubmit. But I'm not sure if this means I can resubmit the old copy of everything else with the new I-485?[/QUOTEsame thing happen to me yesterday. So I called to verify what I needed to do. I was told to print the new form I-485 and resubmit everything else as is. I just redid the I-485 and left the G-325A off. I kept the notices which I'm not too sure if I should have, but I senr everything else back as is, checks and all]

Comment

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I called and spoke with an officer and he told me to reprint the new form and send everything else back as is. I kept the notices which I'm not too sure if I should have, but I sent everything else as is, checks and all.

Comment

Did resending the old documents was ok and ur case got accepted?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X