RFE for EAD and AP and made no sense/ Possible scam call also

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE for EAD and AP and made no sense/ Possible scam call also

USCIS SCAM? Read later to see why after I explain the RFE.

So we got the RFE in the mail. Ok it was easy. At least I thought. They just asked for a government issued ID for my Filipino wife. Which by the way they already have. Here is whats screwed up. So the RFE was just for a Photo ID which they had. For the EAD if she was recently married a marriage certificate in her new married name. So that shouldnt apply. So I sent off the picture ID's today. Here is the messed up part. Some number showing ONLY +816 calls us all day long. He left 1 message at first saying he was Officer Henry from the USCIS and had questions and advice for the RFE. Never answered phone for any calls. He also stated he couldnt leave a call back number and the caller ID probably looked unfriendly. So I call the USCIS and they say the USCIS usually contacts by mail or email only. Ok thats fine they cant confirm it was even them and likely a scammer. So I find out later this person also called my step dad this morning asking for us. He said it was the wrong number. End of that. So the day goes by and was quiet. He calls again at 3:30pm. leaves a new message saying and kind of stuttering a little in the message saying the RFE said they needed a federal government ID stating her new last name. LASTLY he said he already knew we submitted this information but needed the new name. I NEVER submitted an ID with the EAD or AP. It wasnt required. How can he say I submitted it when I never did? Just the I-485 I did. This is where I freaked out thinking we messed up the RFE.

In the messages, he also never said me or my wife's name. First or last. He just said last name with my step dad but not on our messages.

1. How did he even get our numbers if a scammer?
    2. How did he know what the RFE said? By the way he was wrong saying I already submitted it for the EAD/AP.
    3. Why would the USCIS ask for these ID's if they werent required before? Thats fine I sent them anyway.
    4. Why cant the USCIS find out if a call is legit or not?
    5. He NEVER left a call back number or said a full name or his badge number. When I called the USCIS, the first thing they said was full name and badge number. Never even said officer. YES I called them back after the second message. Still not much help.
    6. He said a marriage certificate would work. I ALREADY Sent them that and sent again with the RFE but isnt the marriage certificate the proof of name change? I havent seen one person anywhere say they had any issues with the marriage certificate because it shows my FULL name and her maiden name. That should and always is enough to prove name change. The AP didnt ask for a marriage certificate. The EAD did only is she newly married which she hasnt since we filed. Its her first marriage.
    7. Lastly, It asked for a government issued ID. So we sent 3 to be safe with the RFE. But I also heard they will do that to catch up on back logs just to buy some time. Most foreign nationals cant get a US ID or Drivers License before green card. The USCIS I am pretty sure knows this.

Sorry long post but its frustrating and freaky that scammers can get this information. We didnt put it out anywhere. As if stress wasnt already high enough, these calls did NOT help. The man didnt even sound professional. No full name or badge number or call back number. Thoughts? Caller ID only showed +816... No number. That area code is for the national benefits center area but no number. A little freaky how they got the information. Thank you.
    Last edited by twstr988; 11-07-2017, 08:33 PM.

Post a picture I can tell you if its **** or not. Or PM me

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X