Concurrent filing of I-130 and I-485 checklist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concurrent filing of I-130 and I-485 checklist

Hello there, I am a college student from Turkey and I got married to my beautiful wife in August. After the marriage, we have decided that we want to live here so I wanted to apply for a green card. I searched online and found out the best way is to do what's called "concurrent filing". I have come here with the F-1 visa. I am looking for an updated checklist to guide me for the application package. I can say that it is very overwhelming when there is no guide. Thanks in advance for your help. Hope you will have a good one! Cheers!

Originally posted by ozancanc View Post
    Hello there, I am a college student from Turkey and I got married to my beautiful wife in August. After the marriage, we have decided that we want to live here so I wanted to apply for a green card. I searched online and found out the best way is to do what's called "concurrent filing". I have come here with the F-1 visa. I am looking for an updated checklist to guide me for the application package. I can say that it is very overwhelming when there is no guide. Thanks in advance for your help. Hope you will have a good one! Cheers!
    Go on the USCIS website and download the i485 instruction manual. Down the i130 instructions manual too. They both have checklists and instructions on how to go about adjusting your status.
    Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
    Priority Date: 01/22/2018
    Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
    Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
    Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
    Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
    EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
    EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
    SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
    GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
    Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
    I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
    GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

Marriage based AOS guide:

Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative
      Use this form if you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (LPR) and you need to establish your relationship to an eligible relative who wishes to come to or remain in the United States permanently and get a Permanent Resident Card (also called a Green Card).

Form I-130A Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary
      Use this form if you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (LPR) and you need to establish your relationship to an eligible relative who wishes to come to or remain in the United States permanently and get a Permanent Resident Card (also called a Green Card).

Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
      Use this form to apply for lawful permanent resident status if you are in the United States.

Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Must be sealed by civil surgeon and you dont need to send it with your original package, you can send it later on or take it to interview with you)
      If you are applying for adjustment status to become a lawful permanent resident, use this form to establish that you are not inadmissible to the United States on public health grounds.

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support under Section 213A of the INA
      Most family-based immigrants and some employment-based immigrants use this form to show they have adequate means of financial support and are not likely to rely on the U.S. government for financial support.

Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization
      Certain aliens noncitizens who are in the United States may file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, to request employment authorization and an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Other aliens noncitizens whose immigration status authorizes them to work in the United States without restrictions may also use Form I-765 to apply to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for an EAD that shows such authorization.

Form I-131 Application for Travel Document (File this if you are planning to travel during AOS process)
      Use this form to apply for a reentry permit, refugee travel document, TPS travel authorization document, advance parole document (including parole into the United States for urgent humanitarian reasons or significant public benefit), or advance permission to travel for Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) long-term residents.

Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
      Use this form to request a text message and/or email when USCIS accepts your form.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Form I-130 Completed and signed form by Petitioner (U.S. Citizen).
      Form I-130A Completed and signed by spouse beneficiary.
      A personal check or Money Order amount of $535 made out to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
      These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

Two-passport style photo of U.S. Citizen with full name on the back and name on plastic bag.
      Two-passport style photo of beneficiary with full name on the back and name on plastic bag.
      Copy of U.S. Citizen`s Birth Certificate or Passport Biographical Page, or Naturalization Certificate.
      Copy of U.S. Citizen`s Driver License or Passport Biographical Page.
      Copy of Marriage Certificate.
      Copy of Divorce Decree (If you are divorced previously).
      Copy of beneficiary`s passport biographical page.
      Copy of beneficiary`s most recent I-94.
      I-94 is a place for U.S. visitors to find travel records

Examples of Evidence Showing Bona Fide Marriage:

☐ Joint IRS Tax Return Transcripts (if you have it).

☐ Birth Certificate of your children (if you have any).

☐ Joint Lease or Mortgage showing joint tenancy (if you have it).

☐ Joint Bank Statements. (Checking, Saving, Credit Cards etc.).

☐ Joint Utility Bills (Or Utility Bills showing the same address for each spouse)

☐ Joint Cell Phone Bills.

☐ Joint Car title.

☐ Joint Car Insurance.

☐ Life insurance showing each other as beneficiary.

☐ Retirement accounts showing each other as beneficiary.

☐ Health, dental Insurance showing you are on one another plan.

☐ Photographs (Weddings, Trips, Family gatherings, Friends)

☐ Affidavits from your family, friends having personal knowledge of your bona fides marriage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Form I-485 Completed and Signed by Beneficiary (Alien Applicant).
      A personal check or Money Order amount of $1225 made out to U.S. Department of Homeland Security. (Including biometric fee).
      Copy of foreign birth certificate for beneficiary accompanied by full-certified translation.
      Copy of beneficiary`s passport Biographical page.
      Copy of beneficiary`s passport nonimmigrant visa page (if you have)
      Two-passport style photo of beneficiary with full name on the back and name on plastic bag.
      Copy of beneficiary most recent I-94.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (sealed by civil surgeon)

**** *** You do not need to send it with your initial application but you need have it with you during the interview.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Form I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the INA:
      ☐ Petitioner copies of IRS federal income tax return transcripts for the last one year (Optional last 3 years).
      ☐ Copies of Petitioner`s W2`s or 1040`s forms.
      ☐ Copies of Petitioner`s pay stubs.

Form I-765 Completed and Signed by Beneficiary.

*No Filing Fee is required for I-765 since it is being submitted along with I-485.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Form I-131 Completed and Signed by Beneficiary.

*No Filing Fee is required for I-765 since it is being submitted along with I-485.
      Last edited by azblk; 12-31-2017, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post

Use this form to apply for lawful permanent resident status if you are in the United States.

Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Must be sealed by civil surgeon and you dont need to send it with your original package, you can send it later on or take it to interview with you)
        If you are applying for adjustment status to become a lawful permanent resident, use this form to establish that you are not inadmissible to the United States on public health grounds.

Most family-based immigrants and some employment-based immigrants use this form to show they have adequate means of financial support and are not likely to rely on the U.S. government for financial support.

Certain aliens noncitizens who are in the United States may file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, to request employment authorization and an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Other aliens noncitizens whose immigration status authorizes them to work in the United States without restrictions may also use Form I-765 to apply to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for an EAD that shows such authorization.

Form I-131 Application for Travel Document (File this if you are planning to travel during AOS process)
        Use this form to apply for a reentry permit, refugee travel document, TPS travel authorization document, advance parole document (including parole into the United States for urgent humanitarian reasons or significant public benefit), or advance permission to travel for Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) long-term residents.

Use this form to request a text message and/or email when USCIS accepts your form.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A personal check or Money Order amount of $535 made out to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
        These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

Two-passport style photo of U.S. Citizen with full name on the back and name on plastic bag.
        Copy of U.S. Citizen`s Birth Certificate or Passport Biographical Page, or Naturalization Certificate.

☐ Joint Utility Bills (Or Utility Bills showing the same address for each spouse)

☐ Joint Car title.

☐ Joint Car Insurance.

☐ Affidavits from your family, friends having personal knowledge of your bona fides marriage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        A personal check or Money Order amount of $1225 made out to U.S. Department of Homeland Security. (Including biometric fee).
        Copy of foreign birth certificate for beneficiary accompanied by full-certified translation.

Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (sealed by civil surgeon)

**** *** You do not need to send it with your initial application but you need have it with you during the interview.

☐ Petitioner copies of IRS federal income tax return transcripts for the last one year (Optional last 3 years).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you for your help. In some of the websites I saw that people sent their transcripts and I-20's along with the application. Should I send my transcripts as well, and what would be the purpose of that? Thanks again!

Comment

thank you for your help. In some of the websites I saw that people sent their transcripts and I-20's along with the application. Should I send my transcripts as well, and what would be the purpose of that? Thanks again!
          As the spouse of a US citizen adjusting status only two things really count - that your marriage is real and that you entered the country legally. All evidence you send in should be to further that goal. I-20's and/or transcripts do nothing to help prove your marriage is real - so I say no, they are useless.

Comment

Evidence like I20s would be needed to establish that the person has maintained legal status throughout his/her stay in the US. That would be necessary if you are adjusting status in all categories except immediate family of US citizen category. Since your case is spouse of US citizen, you would not need to send in any such evidence.
            Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post

☐ Joint Car title.

☐ Joint Car Insurance.

So in total is the Beneficiary sending in 4 passport size photos?
              Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
              Priority Date: 01/22/2018
              Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
              Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
              Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
              Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
              EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
              EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
              SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
              GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
              Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
              I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
              GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

I'm a F-1 student too and this is the cover letter that I sent in along with my application (hope it helps!)

To whom it may concern,

Please find enclosed documentations for the concurrent filing of the following forms with all supporting documents:
                I-130/I-130A (Petition for Alien Relative)
                I-131 (Application for Travel Document)
                I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status)
                I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization)
                I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

I-130 – Petition for Alien Relative
                • Check for $535 Payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security (attached)
                • Form I-130 – Petition for Alien Relative
                • Form G-1145 e-Notification for Application/Petition Acceptance (attached)
                • Two Passport-style Photos of the Petitioner (attached)
                • Two Passport-style Photos of the Beneficiary (attached)
                • Copy of Petitioner’s Birth Certificate
                • Copy of Beneficiary’s Passport Biographic Page and Non-Immigrant Visa Page
                • Copy of Marriage Certificate
                • Form I-130A - Supplemental Information for Spouse and Beneficiary
                Evidence of Bona Fide Marriage:
                • A Photo Book including photos taken together during vacations and daily life (from March 2016 to May 2017).
                • Copy of Congratulations Card received from petitioner’s colleagues regarding notifications of marriage
                • Chase Bank Joint Checking Account Summary and most recent bank statement
                • Copy of Joint Chase Bank Credit Card
                • Joint Health Benefits and Insurance Information (including medical, dental, and life insurance)
                • Copy of Joint Health Insurance Card
                • Copy of Joint Lease Agreement with signatures of both petitioner and beneficiary
                • Copy of Hotel Reservations for all vacations taken together (from May 2016 to May 2017)
                • Copy of Attraction Tickets and Receipts during vacation in Orlando, FL and Atlanta, GA (May 2017)
                • Copy of Receipts of Items purchased together (for daily life)
                • Copy of Receipts of Items purchased for each other

I-131 – Application for Travel Document
                • Form I-131 – Application for Travel Document
                • Copy of Beneficiary’s Passport Biographic Page
                • Copy of Beneficiary’s Form I-94 – Arrival/Departure Record
                I-485 – Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
                • Check for $1,225 (with Biometric Fees) Payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security (attached)
                • Form I-485 – Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
                • Form I-693 – Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Sealed Envelope)
                • Copy of Beneficiary’s Foreign Birth Certificate with Certified Translation
                • Copy of Beneficiary’s Passport Biographic Page and Non-Immigrant Visa Page
                • Copy of Beneficiary’s Form I-94 – Arrival/Departure Record
                • Form G-325A – Biographic Information Sheet for Beneficiary

I-765 – Application for Employment Authorization
                • Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization
                • Copy of Beneficiary’s Passport Biographic Page

I-864 – Affidavit of Support
                • Form I-864 – Affidavit of Support: Completed by the Petitioner
                • Copy of Petitioner’s Birth Certificate
                • Copy of Petitioner’s Tax Transcripts for Tax Year 2016, 2015 and 2014
                • Employment Verification Letter from Petitioner’s Current Employer
                • Petitioner’s Three most recent Pay Stubs

Comment

Originally posted by kaylip View Post
                  So in total is the Beneficiary sending in 4 passport size photos?
                  you need 2 passport pictures with every actionable form. 2 - with 130, 2 - with i-485, 2 -with i-131 and 2 - with i-765. the last 2 are optional forms

Comment

Thank you very much for all the help, But I need help, My wife and I live in different addresses right now, and I put the different address in the forms, but in the Cover Letter, how do I put the different addresses?

Can someone help me with this?
                    Thank you all for all the tips!

Comment

I dont want to diss any of you on here but you dont have to send 4 photos you only send 2 of yourseld and spoiuse if filing i-130 and i-485 together. Thats is ridicoulous sending the same documents over and over again for each application. You are filing concurrently all applications at once. They dont get seperated and sent to a seperate department and different officer. Its things like this that they have put out memos stating about how people are sending them a bunch of useless paper to look through. Trust me I have helped many many many people and not once have i had them return any of the applications and i dont send half this junk that you are stating on here. To the contrary you are doing a diservice to others because you are making them do uneccesary work trashing half the crap you send them. I know its tough not having your papers and you are just trying to be safe. But read the instructions and a dictionary too. If USCIS is only asking you for mustard ketchup and lettuce and light pickles why are you throwing onion and mayo over and over on them buns. Come on man.

Attached is a checklist from one of the old checklist that i modified that came from one of the uscis offices. This is what i use just about everytime and never has failed me. Say what you want but i can attest this list works.. and no im not promoting anything and dont pm me to help you for a fee i wont do it so you all know that i am only posting this to help you out and to try to alleviate their paperwork so the rest of the people can start getting their process taken care of faster.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X