Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any filers from Georgia? Share your experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USABlueFox View Post
    ATL Nov 2018 Filer

I Filed Nov 27 2018
    Biometrics Jan 9 2019
    Fingerprint Review was completed Jan 13 2019

That's all I've got so far, what other people's experience? especially with ATL?
    Same Here

Comment

• Atl interview done, got another rfe for birth certificate notarial

Hey y'all,

I'm done with the interview today, everything went super fast and smoothly, and the officer was nice. But....., as the title says, my original birth certificate that my mom sent to me from home does not cut it. It has to be a format the government can accept, they need the document issued by the government from my home country AKA the Notarial Birth Certificate.

So, I'm gonna have to ask my mom to take care of that and send it to me Once I get it and send it to the field office, then I'm officially done...

damn...
      PD - 3/2/2018
      Biometrics - sometime in April
      RFIE - 7/3
      Response to RFE received - 7/16
      Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
      EAD is being produced - 9/4
      Combo card in hand - 9/11
      Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
      Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

• Originally posted by AngelaPhelan View Post
        I've got an interview coming up next Tuesday, will keep y'all updated in this thread!
        How?s your interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zirconia View Post
          How?s your interview?
          Hi!

It went well (except for my birth certificate isn't the format they could accept, so I need to take care of that and send it to them), it was scheduled for 9:55 am but we came in early. The officer was nice, went straight to asking how we met after taking my finger prints. We told her the whole story of how we met on Tinder and went on dates and stuff, my husband wouldn't shut up about it lol.
          And then she asked if there's any other documents or evidence I wanted to give her, I gave her our 2018 joint tax return, paystubs, w-2s, showed her the deed of our house, gave her our home owners insurance, car insurance, my updated medical, some new bills, and that's pretty much it. And then she went over the forms, updated our address, new job, the yes/no questions. I did work without authorization for 2 months, but no big deal, she didn't ask anything more of that and just went on.

So I knew they would need to see the original birth certificate right, and i specifically asked my mom to send it to me from my home country. But unfortunately it wasn't the format they could accept, they need the birth certificate notarial issued from the government of my home city/local county. So the officer gave me an RFE. Now I need to send my original birth certificate back to my mom, and then she needs to go get a BC Notarial, which is gonna be a hassle.

But my i-130 is approved today, they know the marriage is bona fide, once I submitted the birth certificate **** everything should be good to go.

I'm still stressed about the birth certificate, worrying what if DHL lose my document sending it back LOL......
          PD - 3/2/2018
          RFIE - 7/3
          Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

How?s your interview?
            But yeah, the instruction/direction at the Atlanta field office is confusing. First is checking in at the 1st floor, and then you're going to the 2nd floor at Door 2, there's a TV screens showing your name and ticket number at the lobby area with a lot of seats, once it's your turn, you're going to Door 2, which is on the other side of the elevator, for a second we couldn't find Door 2 lol, and the officer had to walk out and get us. Other than that, just relax and be casual, no need to be nervous or anything, and tell your story. If the marriage is real, they can definitely tell.
            PD - 3/2/2018
            RFIE - 7/3
            Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

• DHL, FEDEX and UPS will definitely get your mail there on time in 2 days. I'd be more worried if you sent it via USPS that could take forever. Congrats on having your interview done. My case is out of status for a third time and I just sent a third service request about it seeing that they never assigned the first 2 to an officer. I doubt they will assign this one but oh well. 2+ years waiting on a spousal adjustment of status.
              (c)9 AOS K1; January 23rd 2017
              12-15-16 SS card
              02-16-17 Bio Walk in
              03-14-17 Date of birth updated on I-485
              04-24-17 EAD approved
              02-06-18 Filed renewal of EAD
              02-16-18 Service Request I-485 outside processing time
              02-23-18 Bio Walk in
              04-05-18 Contacted Congressman
              07-05-18 EAD approved
              12-06-18 Infopass with no information given
              12-06-18 Contacted Senator
              12-29-18 Raised SR I-485 outside normal processing time

Comment

• Originally posted by Mascarade View Post
                DHL, FEDEX and UPS will definitely get your mail there on time in 2 days. I'd be more worried if you sent it via USPS that could take forever. Congrats on having your interview done. My case is out of status for a third time and I just sent a third service request about it seeing that they never assigned the first 2 to an officer. I doubt they will assign this one but oh well. 2+ years waiting on a spousal adjustment of status.
                It's 2019 you would think everything's digital but nope, Immigration is still doing it the old fashioned way, all paper...It's possible that somebody lost your file, you're married to a US citizen right? It should never take that long, have you consulted a lawyer?
                PD - 3/2/2018
                RFIE - 7/3
                Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

But yeah, the instruction/direction at the Atlanta field office is confusing. First is checking in at the 1st floor, and then you're going to the 2nd floor at Door 2, there's a TV screens showing your name and ticket number at the lobby area with a lot of seats, once it's your turn, you're going to Door 2, which is on the other side of the elevator, for a second we couldn't find Door 2 lol, and the officer had to walk out and get us. Other than that, just relax and be casual, no need to be nervous or anything, and tell your story. If the marriage is real, they can definitely tell.
                  Thanks for sharing.I’m also preparing for the interview on March 21st.i just had my medical exam and vaccination 2 wks ago but had to go back to the doctor coz he mistakenly put a different information and spelled my last name wrong.it’s good that he gave me a copy so i was able to check.By the way, did she say if you’re already approved for a green card?
                  Last edited by Zirconia; 03-02-2019, 12:09 AM.

Comment

It's 2019 you would think everything's digital but nope, Immigration is still doing it the old fashioned way, all paper...It's possible that somebody lost your file, you're married to a US citizen right? It should never take that long, have you consulted a lawyer?
                    Had a lawyer since day one of filing. Married to a US Citizen. They are saying it's a background check. Lawyer hasn't been able to do much cause USCIS isnt really releasing information. Now that they've gotten rid of infopasses it's just a dead end getting info. Went to the Senator about it in November and they still haven't responded to him as well. That Customer Service number is also useless.
                    12-15-16 SS card
                    02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                    04-24-17 EAD approved
                    02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                    07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

Thanks for sharing.I?m also preparing for the interview on March 21st.i just had my medical exam and vaccination 2 wks ago but had to go back to the doctor coz he mistakenly put a different information and spelled my last name wrong.it?s good that he gave me a copy so i was able to check.By the way, did she say if you?re already approved for a green card?
                      No she said she couldn't approve it without the Birth Certificate Notarial, so I still need to send it
                      PD - 3/2/2018
                      RFIE - 7/3
                      Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

• Employment-based AOS

PD: Nov 2017
                        ATL Filer

Hi there,
                        Just wondering if anyone is filing for employment-based AOS. I filed concurrently last May and received a priority date of Nov 2017. I already did my biometrics appointment. Last update I received was that the case was being transferred to the field office to expedite the process. That was in November 2018. Since then crickets....

I see a lot of people with later PDs posting about interviews being scheduled but it seems they are all family-based?

Just curious why mine is taking so long. Thanks for any input you guys might have!

Comment

• Anyone from Atlanta field office realized that the set the dates back for a second time since the year started. Family bases have jumped from February 2017 back to January 11th 2017
                          12-15-16 SS card
                          02-16-17 Bio Walk in
                          04-24-17 EAD approved
                          02-23-18 Bio Walk in
                          07-05-18 EAD approved

Comment

• had interview 3/13/19

Hello All,

We had our interview yesterday. Everything went pretty smooth. The officer told us that our original officer wasn't in the office yet so she would be conducting our interview. Our appointment was 8:00am.

Long story short, nothing extraneous. Basic questions like how we met, where we have traveled to, etc...

At the end of the interview we didn't get any papers or anything. She said we should hear something within the next month or so.

PD December 2017

Comment

• Just want to share an update..We had our interview today.It went well.The officer who interviewed us was nice..Basic questions about our marriage.Submitted copies of insurance policies, utility bills, joint bank acct statements, some pictures and car registration.At the end of the interview, he gave us a letter stating that he is recommending the case for approval and should expect the card within 3-4 wks..

PD April 27, 2018

Comment

• Any option

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X