Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any filers from Georgia? Share your experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jameisbong View Post
    Day 132,still no response or letters from them.The last time they sent me a letter about a month before they sent the old EAD.
    Just got an update saying my EAD is being produced! I waited for 6 months......
    PD - 3/2/2018
    Biometrics - sometime in April
    RFIE - 7/3
    Response to RFE received - 7/16
    Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
    EAD is being produced - 9/4
    Combo card in hand - 9/11
    Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
    Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

• Expedite through congressman John Lewis. Anyone?

So I recently contacted congressman John Lewis(Atlanta) to assist me to expedite my EAD. I would like to know if anyone here has had any contact with his office in the past.

After sending him the documents on the 29th of August, I got an almost instant feedback that they did forward my expedite request to NBC . However, up until now I haven?t heard anything from him. Has he helped anyone of you guys .

- - - Updated - - -

Please how long does it take the Atlanta field office to adjudicate a spouse sponsored i485

Comment

• Originally posted by Segun Victor View Post
        So I recently contacted congressman John Lewis(Atlanta) to assist me to expedite my EAD. I would like to know if anyone here has had any contact with his office in the past.

After sending him the documents on the 29th of August, I got an almost instant feedback that they did forward my expedite request to NBC . However, up until now I haven?t heard anything from him. Has he helped anyone of you guys .

- - - Updated - - -

Please how long does it take the Atlanta field office to adjudicate a spouse sponsored i485
        I have not contacted any congressmen. However, from my understanding, the EAD and AP are handled by the National Benefit Center (NBC) and not your local field office. Hopefully Mr. Lewis can help you get your EAD a little faster. Let us know. We received the EAD after about 5-6 months.

As for the 485 (adjustment of status) to get a green card, it is taking about 12 months+ for people to get their interviews. My PD is 12/17 and have not received any interview notices yet.

Comment

• status is unavailable, still waiting for renwal of i765, i131 sent in July 2018

i485, 765, 131, 130 filed in Oct 2017 for Atlanta Office. Got combo EAD by Dec2017. few months later the status was "interview is being scheduled" but after that it says "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 for additional information"
          When I called them, the person told me your case is in normal process. My EAD is goin to expire in Dec18. as USCIS recommends to apply renewal 180 days prior to expiration so I applied for renewal and received receipt notices. I'm still waiting for my combo card.
          is there anyone to tell me about such kind of status saying cannot provide.... I'm really stressed...
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by hkaramat View Post
            i485, 765, 131, 130 filed in Oct 2017 for Atlanta Office. Got combo EAD by Dec2017. few months later the status was "interview is being scheduled" but after that it says "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 for additional information"
            When I called them, the person told me your case is in normal process. My EAD is goin to expire in Dec18. as USCIS recommends to apply renewal 180 days prior to expiration so I applied for renewal and received receipt notices. I'm still waiting for my combo card.
            is there anyone to tell me about such kind of status saying cannot provide.... I'm really stressed...
            Ok, what does the DHS website show?

Comment

• 2017 filer are waiting for interviews but 2018 filers got appointments. Wow

I filed my i485 on marriage base in Oct 2017 for ATL. I got my combo card in one month (dec 5 l, 2017). For a while the online status appeard as we are scheduling your interview but afterwards it says unable to give status. Anybody here knows why is that? Its frustrating... I received my receipt notices for my renewal combo card send on July 2018. 2017 filers are still waiting for interviews but 2018 filers are enjoying peaceful life having GC in their hands...

Comment

I filed my i485 on marriage base in Oct 2017 for ATL. I got my combo card in one month (dec 5 l, 2017). For a while the online status appeard as we are scheduling your interview but afterwards it says unable to give status. Anybody here knows why is that? Its frustrating... I received my receipt notices for my renewal combo card send on July 2018. 2017 filers are still waiting for interviews but 2018 filers are enjoying peaceful life having GC in their hands...
                Go to your Senator and the Ombudsman. They should know about the "system glitch" and hopefully, call USCIS out on it. The system simply stopped scheduling interviews for cases filed in 2017 and proceeded to schedule cases filed in 2018 - all while 2017 filers were and are still waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                  Ok, what does the DHS website show?
                  At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 for additional information"

Comment

At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 for additional information"
                    Your case is likely in the scheduling queue.

Comment

Go to your Senator and the Ombudsman. They should know about the "system glitch" and hopefully, call USCIS out on it. The system simply stopped scheduling interviews for cases filed in 2017 and proceeded to schedule cases filed in 2018 - all while 2017 filers were and are still waiting.
                      Thanks alot sir

Comment

Hi

How do you know about his inside information of "SYSTEM GLITCH"?

curious to know it

Comment

• Originally posted by a.mujtaba View Post
                          Hi

How do you know about his inside information of "SYSTEM GLITCH"?

curious to know it
                          Just google it. You'll read posts of people reporting they had been scheduled for employment based AOS interviews but they had filed for family based AOS. A LOT OF PEOPLE got green cards within 90 days. Granted they now have to deal with removal of conditions BUT they got their green cards. Their luck came at a price to others who had already been waiting for a long time for their interviews.

I am pretty sure the glitch is still happening, and people aren't posting about it.

Comment

Your case is likely in the scheduling queue.
                            yes you were right, the USCIS site has updated and in new site my status showing as scheduling interview. I'm Sep 2017 filer and hopefully I will get interview call soon.

Comment

yes you were right, the USCIS site has updated and in new site my status showing as scheduling interview. I'm Sep 2017 filer and hopefully I will get interview call soon.
                              would any body please guide me what type of documents should I start preparing for my interview? we're living in my wife's father's house (its our separate house) and we pay him rent which includes utilities but there's no such kind of written lease type thing because its her father's house. 2ndly with my i485 and other forms I mailed many photographs with family and parents in law and of different occasions, do I need to print more? our chat has thousands of message and I don't know how to print some of them. we don't share so many personal things on ******** as we both have no that much interest in these types of things. we have join bank account, joint auto insurance. what else we should prepare? plz guide

Comment

would any body please guide me what type of documents should I start preparing for my interview? we're living in my wife's father's house (its our separate house) and we pay him rent which includes utilities but there's no such kind of written lease type thing because its her father's house. 2ndly with my i485 and other forms I mailed many photographs with family and parents in law and of different occasions, do I need to print more? our chat has thousands of message and I don't know how to print some of them. we don't share so many personal things on ******** as we both have no that much interest in these types of things. we have join bank account, joint auto insurance. what else we should prepare? plz guide
                                Here you go. Please spend time reading through the links contained in this thread. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...interview-tips
                                Putting together is a tried and true method. In your case, you will need a notarized affidavit of residence from your father in-law, you should author one too and your wife, as well. Your driver's license should also show your address. Look at user Tezza's evidence. It's #4 on the list.

Pictures carry the least weight, by the way. Focus on CONCRETE evidence of bona fide marriage. This does not mean that you should only show evidence since the date of your marriage. Focus on longevity. Start with the date that you met. Dig up receipts + text messages + pictures, etc. Evidence of bona fide marriage refers to your good faith intentions, so that starts when you met and started dating. If you filed right after getting married, you do not want USCIS thinking you met on Monday, married on Tuesday and filed on Wednesday.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X