More than 30days still no receipt notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than 30days still no receipt notice

Hello everyone, I've been reading your posts and it's been helping me get some information and expectations for my current petition.

I filed concurrently (I am foreign national married to USC) I-485, I-130 and I-765, mailed January 31st, 2018 however I still haven't received any receipt notice.
    I just called my lawyer he said the checks were cashed already but I'm afraid it's been too long. I see that normally applicants receive their receipt notice within 2-3 weeks of mailing the application. Is USCIS experiencing any backlog with applications?

I tried calling their hotline but the first agent who picked up is supposed to transfer me but she said she'll put me in the call back list and expect to get a call back within 3-5 days. I'm just not sure what to expect right now. I was hoping to get my EAD within 3-4 months but I'm afraid this delay means longer wait.

Also, how many receipt notices should I expect? one for each application (I-485, I-130, I-765)?

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

One for each.

I applied on same date (Nebraska Service Center) and received the notices 3 weeks later.

You should be getting a biometrics appointment letter around this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheburashka View Post
      One for each.

I applied on same date (Nebraska Service Center) and received the notices 3 weeks later.

You should be getting a biometrics appointment letter around this time.
      Thank you! I just got the receipt notices on 3/5/2018. So that was 42 days from mailing the cases.

PD Feb 20

Now I'm waiting for my biometrics appointment. I hope everything will be smooth-sailing!

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmanton10 View Post
        Thank you! I just got the receipt notices on 3/5/2018. So that was 42 days from mailing the cases.

PD Feb 20

Now I'm waiting for my biometrics appointment. I hope everything will be smooth-sailing!
        Great! You should be getting the biometrics letters about a month or so after your receipt notices.

Comment

Hello everyone, I've been reading your posts and it's been helping me get some information and expectations for my current petition.

I filed concurrently (I am foreign national married to USC) I-485, I-130 and I-765, mailed January 31st, 2018 however I still haven't received any receipt notice.
          I just called my lawyer he said the checks were cashed already but I'm afraid it's been too long. I see that normally applicants receive their receipt notice within 2-3 weeks of mailing the application. Is USCIS experiencing any backlog with applications?

I tried calling their hotline but the first agent who picked up is supposed to transfer me but she said she'll put me in the call back list and expect to get a call back within 3-5 days. I'm just not sure what to expect right now. I was hoping to get my EAD within 3-4 months but I'm afraid this delay means longer wait.

Also, how many receipt notices should I expect? one for each application (I-485, I-130, I-765)?

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

I was in the same boat. Try calling them at 8 AM your local time and they will provide you your receipt numbers. Do have your Alien Number (A number) ready when you call USCIS.

Comment

Thank you! I just got the receipt notices on 3/5/2018. So thato was 42 days from mailing the cases.

PD Feb 20

Thank you for giving me hope! I am on day 31 and counting....

F1 AOS though marriage to a USC
            Field Office: Pittsburgh
            10/17: PD
            12/9: biometrics appointment
            12/13/19: “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken”
            1/15: RFIE sent by USCIS
            1/20: RFIE received in the mailbox
            1/29: RFIE response sent (overnight)
            1/30: "RFIE received by uscis"
            02/06: ready to be scheduled for an interview.
            02/07: Interview scheduled
            02/19/20: EAD production
            03/17: interview cancelled
            04/29/20: GC being produced, same day: I-485 and I-130 case approved

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X