No announcement yet.

January 2018 Filer and Interview DONE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 2018 Filer and Interview DONE!

Firstly, i want to say a big thank you for all of the contributors of this forum.

Here?s my timeline and story:

Met my husband mid 2016 and dated for a year. He proposed on his birthday last year and we had to prepare for our November wedding. It was a small wedding at Four Seasons Hotel. Im out of status for 4 years.

January 28th, sent packet to USCIS
    January 29th, USCIS received the documents / PD
    February 6th, NOAs on the receipt
    February 16th, Biometric schedule received
    February 28th, Biometrics done
    March 26th, i485 not accessible already. Never raised an SR as I read on this forum that some glitch OR after they talked to an L2 officer, they are advised that its already in line for interview. Other cases can still be accessed with the same status - ?case received?
    April 7th, Letter received for initial interview for May 7th. Notice date is April 2nd.

Interview Documents:
    I used the Table of Contents - for our reference and easy access during the interview. THANK YOU to UScitizenFilingforspouse for this!

We brought 2 13 tab folders - all originals is with my husbands folder, i have all the copies. On this way, IO can tell that my petitioner (husband) is on top of this.

Exhibit 1 ? Proof of Petitioner?s US Citizenship and Identity
    * ? Original and Copy of Birth Certificate
    * ? Original and Copy of US Citizen Passport Book
    * ? Original and Copy of US Citizen Passport Card
    * ? Original and Copy of Drivers License

Exhibit 2 ? Proof of Petitioner?s Income
    * ? Copy of 2017 W2
    * ? Copy of 3 Months Pay Stubs

Exhibit 3 ? Proof of Spouse Beneficiary Identity
    * ? Original and Copy of Passport Books
    * ? Original and Copy of US Visa

Exhibit 4 ? Proof of Family Relationship Between Petitioner & Spouse Beneficiary
    * ? Original and Copy of Marriage Certificate

Exhibit 5 ? Proof of Cohabitation
    * Copy of Joint Bank Account
    * Copy of Joint Credit Cards
    * Retirements, IRA and Brokerage
    * Home Insurance
    * Copy of Cable Bill
    * Copy of ATT Bill
    * Copy CostCo Membership
    * Copy of Health and Life Insurance (Card)
    * Copy of Car Insurance with change in marital status (spouse beneficiary cannot be added due to the absence of SSN)

Exhibit 6 ? Proof of Spouse Beneficiary physical presence
    * ? Correspondence of Contractor on our home renovation and progress
    * ? Correspondence of the Home Improvement ? plantation shutters
    * ? Correspondence of the Home Improvement ? Walk In closet shelving

Exhibit 7 ? Proof of Travels
    ? Copy of Plane Tickets

Exhibit 8 ? Receipts and Cards
    Exhibit 9 ? 2 Photo Albums - NOTE: I selected 20 pictures and photocopy it. Originals in an envelope in case they need it.

We also prepared a KEY DATES document (personal use only) for us to use during our review before the interview date. - Leave this at home!!!

Interview:

Our interview was scheduled for May 7 at 9:30am. We go there 30 mins before. We checked in and got our number. After 40 mins of waiting (9:40am), IO called our number!

1. It was only a 7-8 mins form-based interview and the rest wr like conversation. It was 15-20 mins total
    2. IO asked for our IDs. Husband handed them the original while i gave the copies. She complimented the organized folder
    3. IO asked my husbands full name, address, his birthday, spouse birthday, when we first meet, official first date and marriage date
    4. IO asked who proposed. My husband answered it and she was smiling
    5. IO asked for my full name, address and birthday.
    6. IO asked when was the last time i entered the US. I answered the date.
    7. IO asked questions of 15 with the YES/NO
    8. She asked for additional documents may we want to add. We handed a pile and she?s happy with pictures as it is easy for them and
    9. She asked for our interests, then it was a topic that she also likes, so it was a conversation mostly
    10. She said, she approved it by end of the day and i should expect the card in 2 weeks or maybe less.
    11. She said i will be receiving an approval letter saying ?Welcome to the United States? and she also told my husband will be receiving an approval mail, too.
    12. I asked for my EAD. She said its a separate department but whenever i will received a denial on the EAD, she said just ignore it as the green card is more important. She said if i happen to received it, just punched it as that card is no longer needed.

And that was it! To God Be The GLORY! We can now breathe and relax and planning for our honeymoon in Europe come October!
    Last edited by Herewecome; 05-07-2018, 08:29 PM.

Yay! Congrats 🤗. My interview is May 31st. I hope for the best
    Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
    Priority Date: 01/22/2018
    Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
    Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
    Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
    Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
    EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
    EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
    SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
    GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
    Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
    I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
    GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

Originally posted by Herewecome View Post
      Firstly, i want to say a big thank you too for all of the contributors of this forum.

Met my husband mid 2016 and dated for a year. He proposed on his birthday last year and we had to prepare for our November wedding. It was a small wedding at Four Seasons Hotel. Im out of status for 4 years.

March 26th, i485 not accessible already. Never raised an SR as I read on this forum that some glitch OR after they talked to an L2 officer, they are advised that its already in line for interview. Other cases can still be accessed with the same status - ?case received?
      April 7th, Letter received for initial interview for May 7th. Notice date is April 2nd.

Interview Documents:
      I used the Table of Contents - for our reference and easy access during the interview. THANK YOU to UScitizenFilingforspouse for this!

We brought 2 13 tab folders - all originals is with my husbands folder, i have all the copies. On this way, IO can tell that my petitioner (husband) is on top of this.

* ? Copy of 2017 W2

Exhibit 4 ? Proof of Family Relationship Between Petitioner & Spouse Beneficiary

* Home Insurance
      * Copy of Cable Bill
      * Copy of ATT Bill
      * Copy CostCo Membership
      * Copy of Car Insurance with change in marital status (spouse beneficiary cannot be added due to the absence of SSN)

? Copy of Plane Tickets

Exhibit 9 ? 2 Photo Albums - NOTE: I selected 20 pictures and photocopy it. Originals in an envelope in case they need it.

We also prepared a KEY DATES document (personal use only) for us to use during our review before the interview date. - Leave this at home!!!

Interview:

Our interview was scheduled for May 7 at 9:30am. We go there 30 mins before. We checked in and got our number. After 40 mins of waiting (9:40am), IO called our number!

1. It was only a 7-8 mins form-based interview and the rest wr like conversation. It was 15-20 mins total
      2. IO asked for our IDs. Husband handed them the original while i gave the copies. She complimented the organized folder
      3. IO asked my husbands full name, address, his birthday, spouse birthday, when we first meet, official first date and marriage date
      8. She asked for additional documents may we want to add. We handed a pile and she?s happy with pictures as it is easy for them and
      9. She asked for our interests, then it was a topic that she also likes, so it was a conversation mostly
      10. She said, she approved it by end of the day and i should expect the card in 2 weeks or maybe less.
      11. She said i will be receiving an approval letter saying ?Welcome to the United States? and she also told my husband will be receiving an approval mail, too.
      12. I asked for my EAD. She said its a separate department but whenever i will received a denial on the EAD, she said just ignore it as the green card is more important. She said if i happen to received it, just punched it as that card is no longer needed.

And that was it! To God Be The GLORY! We can now breathe and relax and planning for our honeymoon in Europe come October!
      First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Secondly, all of the additional docs you brought with you, I submitted with my paperwork. Pictures, our lease, bank account information, check stubs, bills together. Are you saying we have to bring all of that with us as well? Do they not have the docs we sent in with our paperwork?
      PD - 2/20/18
      Filed I-130, I-765 and I-485 Concurrently
      Family Based - Married to USC

2/20/18 - Paperwork received by USCIS
      3/20/18 - Biometrics completed
      5/9/18 - Received EAD
      5/12/18 - Received Social Security card
      5/21/18 - I-131 (AP) received by USCIS
      9/21/18 - AP approved

Comment

Originally posted by MicaAshani View Post
        First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Secondly, all of the additional docs you brought with you, I submitted with my paperwork. Pictures, our lease, bank account information, check stubs, bills together. Are you saying we have to bring all of that with us as well? Do they not have the docs we sent in with our paperwork?
        Bring all latest pictures and other documents. And thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kaylip View Post
        Yay! Congrats 🤗. My interview is May 31st. I hope for the best
        Thank you! Good luck and im sure you can do it, too!

Comment

Firstly, i want to say a big thank you for all of the contributors of this forum.

Interview Documents:

* ? Copy of 2017 W2

* Home Insurance
          * Copy of Cable Bill
          * Copy of ATT Bill
          * Copy CostCo Membership

? Copy of Plane Tickets

Interview:

You are very welcome! I am very happy for you two! Please pay it forward, and help anyone in need. Spread the wealth! I have to say this is a textbook Immediate Relative - Spouse AOS approval. All elements are there there. It's always a good sign when you get a compliment on how organized your file is. *clears throat* This is awesome.

I thought these elements were brilliant - in particular, addressing why the intending immigrant is not on the auto insurance BUT noted the change from single to married status right away; instead of holding your breath and hoping the ISO does not notice. Nicely executed.

And kuddos for creativity showing proof of spouse's physical presence at home. That's perfect! I am imagining emails or text exchanges saying "I will be at work but my spouse will be there to let the crew in and oversee the project" or whatever. It's perfect.

I will be putting together a document with key dates for a nice jog down memory lane with my spouse. Herewecome, thank you for sharing your experience. Congrats!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
            You are very welcome! I am very happy for you two! Please pay it forward, and help anyone in need. Spread the wealth! I have to say this is a textbook Immediate Relative - Spouse AOS approval. All elements are there there. It's always a good sign when you get a compliment on how organized your file is. *clears throat* This is awesome.

I thought these elements were brilliant - in particular, addressing why the intending immigrant is not on the auto insurance BUT noted the change from single to married status right away; instead of holding your breath and hoping the ISO does not notice. Nicely executed.

And kuddos for creativity showing proof of spouse's physical presence at home. That's perfect! I am imagining emails or text exchanges saying "I will be at work but my spouse will be there to let the crew in and oversee the project" or whatever. It's perfect.

I will be putting together a document with key dates for a nice jog down memory lane with my spouse. Herewecome, thank you for sharing your experience. Congrats!

Thank you! Re correspondence- it was written just like that as im home most at the time. Hahaha. My husband did all the talking on explaining the documents. Your table of contents made the **** *! You will be blessed as always. Thank you, again...

I will continue to spread/get knowledge from this forum.

Comment

Thank you! Re correspondence- it was written just like that as im home most at the time. Hahaha. My husband did all the talking on explaining the documents. Your table of contents made the **** *! You will be blessed as always. Thank you, again...

Congrats! What was/is your field office?
              Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765 & I-864
              Date Mailed: 01/25/2018
              Date Received: 01/30/2018
              Date Received NOA Letters: 02/06/2018
              Received Biometrics Letter: 02/17/2018
              Biometrics Done: 02/26/2018
              RFIE (I485): 02/23/2018
              RFIE in mailbox: 3/3/2018
              RFIE received by USCIS: 3/8/2018
              USCIS update - EAD being produced and sent to me: 5/25
              EAD sent me to: 5/31
              I-485 "ready to schedule interview: 6/1
              EAD in hand: 6/4
              i485 interview notice has been sent in the mail: 6/4

Comment

Originally posted by BlahBlah1846 View Post
                Congrats! What was/is your field office?
                Thanks! Chicago is my FO.

Comment

Update

May 7th - card produced status
                  May 8th - 130 and 485 - case approved and mail sent status
                  May 9th - GC mailed

Comment

You're so welcome! Blessings and *system glitches* are welcome these days. I see that the "Green" Green Card has already been mailed. You and your husband prepared and left nothing to chance. Luck is for fools. Well, UNLESS you're lucky to get a system glitch.

Pay it forward and enjoy Europe!
                    Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 05-10-2018, 01:17 AM.

Comment

USCIS is stating 11.5 to 32 months of processing time for AOS. This is not accurate at all.

Comment

Originally posted by cpthk View Post
                        USCIS is stating 11.5 to 32 months of processing time for AOS. This is not accurate at all.
                        Processing times indicated on the websites also reflects any application that has RFE. But who knows, so far january to march filers are getting the interview status. Start of 2018 is really fast. Maybe also, front loading the application matters.

im not sure if our applications are part of their pilot phase given that for those i485 marriage based, regardless of what you are adjusting from were given an interview right away and no EAD/AP - which makes sense. I dont know well for employment based but i saw some january filers were given interview dates, too.

Comment

Perhaps

Processing times indicated on the websites also reflects any application that has RFE. But who knows, so far january to march filers are getting the interview status. Start of 2018 is really fast. Maybe also, front loading the application matters.

im not sure if our applications are part of their pilot phase given that for those i485 marriage based, regardless of what you are adjusting from were given an interview right away and no EAD/AP - which makes sense. I dont know well for employment based but i saw some january filers were given interview dates, too.
                          It seems so, even though the system said Employment based, mine is marriage based. And no EAD todate, though I received my AP one month after they receive my applications. And I have my interview date already.
                          Marriage based- Concurrent filling

01/09/2018 - PD date.
                          01/22/2018 - Date received NOA letters
                          01/23/2018 - Received Biometric App Notice
                          02/09/2018 - Biometric Walk-in
                          02/23/2018 - Received Courtesy letter for I-693
                          03/25/2018 - Applied for AP I-131
                          04/20/2018 - Raised SR for I-765 (day 101)
                          04/30/2018 - "Case Ready to schedule for an interview"
                          05/10/2018 - Recived AP I-131 card/form
                          06/05/2018 - EAD/Approved/Card on production
                          06/07/2018 - Interview/Approved/Card on production

Comment

Is this what you're referring to? I did not realize this had been tried already. I can't seem to find why it was discontinued. The second link is a document in which USCIS is responding to the Ombudsman and you can just sense the resistance to change. They were producing green cards within 90 days. Amazing.

Apparently, they tried it in New York, too. But instead of implementing the streamlined workflow, they simply pushed staff to get everything done within 90 days. Of course, it failed there. This is all very interesting. They really should be bring back some improved version of it, though.

After reading these two documents, I am wondering if the recent updates woke up the pathways they had established for DORA and that's how this whole employment-based glitch is happening. I guess we shall never now.

Comment

Originally posted by cpthk View Post
                              How is it not accurate?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X