Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to know if I-485J needs to be filled and submitted

Hi All,

We received adjustment of status notice for testing and interview a few days ago with I-140 approved. We submitted both I-140 and I-485 at the same time on November 2017 and also applied for EAD card that we already received. This is employment base petition for my wife and I am her dependent. We did not get any RFE, notice or even in this interview letter anything regarding submitting o having to fill I-485J which is Supplement J, Confirmation of Bona Fide Job Offer. Even online in our account there is no pending status for submitting I-485J or anything regarding that. My question is do we really need to file I-485J regardless or we only need to submit that if we are asked to? Please refer to the notes below from Instructions for Supplement J, Confirmation of Bona Fide that I downloaded from USCIS website. Per this instruction and the fact that we did not receive any request from USCIS , we do not need to submit I-485J. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks in advance.

Who May File Supplement J?
    Unless you are filing Form I-485 together with Form I-140 that names you as the principal beneficiary, you must file Supplement J at the time you file your Form I-485 to confirm that the job offered to you in the underlying Form I-140 is
    still bona fide and available to you. USCIS may request that you file Supplement J again prior to final processing of your Form I-485. You also must file Supplement J to request job portability to a new, permanent job offer under INA section 204(j). To do
    so, you must have a properly filed Form I-485 that:
    1. Has been pending with USCIS for 180 days or more since the receipt date; and
    2. Is based on an approved or pending Form I-140 that names you as the principal beneficiary

If it is NIW I would suggest to fill a J and to provide if the IO asks you.
    Given that you submitted 140+485 togather they did not ask for supp J.

Comment

Originally posted by Usform007 View Post
      If it is NIW I would suggest to fill a J and to provide if the IO asks you.
      Given that you submitted 140+485 togather they did not ask for supp J.
      Thanks for your notes but no this was not NIW.

Comment

Originally posted by hadook View Post
        Thanks for your notes but no this was not NIW.
        Unless is eb1, I think you need to bring a j supp

Comment

The instructions state that you don't need to submit J if you file I140 and I485 concurrently. They also state that you don't need to submit if you are filing EB2 NIW which is why I didn't send it. I got an RFE. Explained why I couldn't send it (self petition, no job offer necessary for I-140). Got an immediate denial. So, if they ask for it in an RFE, be prepared to send it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherbs View Post
            The instructions state that you don't need to submit J if you file I140 and I485 concurrently. They also state that you don't need to submit if you are filing EB2 NIW which is why I didn't send it. I got an RFE. Explained why I couldn't send it (self petition, no job offer necessary for I-140). Got an immediate denial. So, if they ask for it in an RFE, be prepared to send it in.
            After how many days did you Supp J got approved? I received an RFE post interview for Supp J and have not heard back as yet

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X