Notice two weeks after interview for AOS (Marriage based) to appear again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice two weeks after interview for AOS (Marriage based) to appear again

Two weeks after our AOS interview for a marriage based green card we got a notice in the mail asking us to appear again.

SO my wife and I applied for a green card based on our marriage. She got the initial Biometrics appointment which she went to and then we went to our Interview a few months later. We felt the interview went fine although the interviewer made remarks to her that she was way too attractive to be with someone like me which I found disturbing. Anyway today in the mail we were asked to appear again and the reason for the appointment states: Biometrics for your application for adjustment of status (Form 1-485)

Can anyone explain what this means? Do they simply want her to do Biometrics again?

We are asked to actually go to where the interview took place and ask for the same guy who interviewed us and not the normal support center in Alexandria where Biometrics are normally taken in the DC area.

Again the reason for the appointment is "Biometrics for your application for Adjustment of status (Form I-485) and says to bring Valid Govt issued ID and all passports

If anyone has received such notice who knows anyone who has and can shed some light we would appreciate it.

Originally posted by Pablo4ever View Post
    Two weeks after our AOS interview for a marriage based green card we got a notice in the mail asking us to appear again.

SO my wife and I applied for a green card based on our marriage. She got the initial Biometrics appointment which she went to and then we went to our Interview a few months later. We felt the interview went fine although the interviewer made remarks to her that she was way too attractive to be with someone like me which I found disturbing. Anyway today in the mail we were asked to appear again and the reason for the appointment states: Biometrics for your application for adjustment of status (Form 1-485)

Can anyone explain what this means? Do they simply want her to do Biometrics again?

We are asked to actually go to where the interview took place and ask for the same guy who interviewed us and not the normal support center in Alexandria where Biometrics are normally taken in the DC area.

Again the reason for the appointment is "Biometrics for your application for Adjustment of status (Form I-485) and says to bring Valid Govt issued ID and all passports

If anyone has received such notice who knows anyone who has and can shed some light we would appreciate it.
    Did the interviewer really say she was way too attractive for you? Wow!!!!! That?s new. I would prepare for everything. It could be that they do want to take another set of fingerprints. It has happened before.

Comment

Let me get this straight. The ISO, who interviewed you, is a male. To say that is highly inappropriate, and I would have requested a supervisor right at that moment.

Was the interview recorded?

I would call USCIS, and assertively ask to speak to a Level 2 officer. If that gets you nowhere, then reach out to your Senator - not a congressperson. Must be a senator. Have their office inquire on your behalf. Do express your concern about the comment, and quote it. If they already have her biometrics, why do they need another set? Because she?s hot? They have to give the senator a reason within 48 hours.

Clearly, the sensitivity training ISOs are getting is not enough. And at this point, you want your case handled by a different ISO.
      Collect your thoughts. Cite the USCIS policy manual. (I?m on my phone now and can?t get you the link - sorry). The manual clearly tells ISOs to not focus on the viability of the marriage, but to focus on establishing whether the marriage is bona fide and that you did not enter it in order to get a green card.

So the ISO basically said to your wife. You?re too hot to be with this guy. What does that even mean??? Run straight to your senator, and seek legal representation. Moving forward your lawyer should be your proxy.

That?s my two cents.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X