I-485 Employment Based Interview - San Fernando Valley field office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 Employment Based Interview - San Fernando Valley field office

I've been getting a lot of helpful information from this forum and would like to share my timeline and interview experience

PD - Jan 26, 2017, Employment Based EB3
    San Fernando Valley field office

I started the process early 2017 (forgot the exact date), Here's the timeline:
    PERM Approved - Mar 17, 2017
    April 12, 2017 - File I 485, I 140, I 130, I 765 concurrently
    May 10, 2017 - Receipt notice received
    June 1, 2017 - Biometric completed
    July, 2017 - Received EAD/ AP card in mail
    February 24, 2018 - I-140 approved
    March 22, 2018 - Case transfer to another office (NBC)
    March 23, 2018 - New office has jurisdiction
    April 19, 2018 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
    April 23, 2018 - Receive courtesy letter for additional documents
    April 24, 2018 - Employment-Based Interview Was Scheduled
    April 30, 2018 - Interview notice received in mail
    May 29, 2018 - Interview Date
    May 29, 2018 - Case status changed to New card is being produced

Prior to Interview:
    My lawyer suggests that I bring as many related documents to the interview, just in case they are asked for. I prepared all original documents + copies, ie. Birth Certificate, 3 recent pay stubs, updated employment letter, W2, tax transcripts, diploma, medical exam (mine was expired so I brought a new one), passports, EAD card, etc. And also review I-485 application to make sure my answers match what were on there.

On interview day:
    My interview was scheduled for 11:30am. I arrived at San Fernando Valley field office (Chatsworth) around 10:30am. There's a free parking structure opposite of the building. I went through security and wait for my lawyer. Once he arrived, I check in at the counter with my interview notice. The officer was very nice and friendly. He asked for my ID, review the notice and tell us to wait. My lawyer and I waited for about 15 minutes and then another officer came out, called my name and asked me to give him all my passports, pay tubs, employment letter, new medical exam, W2, EAD and 2 passport photos (this is requested in courtesy letter). That's it! Then he asked us to wait until he called us in for interview. He was also very nice and friendly. He left and we waited in the waiting area for about 30 mins.

Finally, the same officer came back and asked us to follow him into his office. There's another officer in the room. I was told that he is a new officer who will be observing this interview. He swear me in, took my photo and fingerprints, and started asking questions. The questions were very simple and straight forward. (Are you still working for the same employer? Name, BD, SSN, How long you work here? Where is your office? Did you have prior experience to this job? Confirm my current address, etc.) Then he went through yes/no questions from I-485 application. The interview took about 10 mins. At the end, he printed out approval notice, signed it and congratulate me! It was approved on the spot. He gave me the approval notice copy and another copy to my lawyer. The officer said that I will get the card in mail in about 2-3 weeks. The whole process ended at 12:40pm.

Now I'm waiting for the card! Hope it arrives soon

Hope this is helpful for anyone who will have interview at this field office. Good luck everyone! I will pray for all

Congratulation. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X