• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Go to Interview Without Notice?

Hello everybody,

My PD: 08/11/2017
    Interview is scheduled notification 05/21/2018
    Field Office: Newark, NJ

I?ve been waiting to receive my interview notice since May 21st. I signed up for informed delivery on USPS website and saw my interview notice mail last Saturday. Unfortunately I did not receive it although I checked my mailbox 20 times on Saturday. As it is Memorial Day week, I thought I could get it next business day when USPS is delivering mails. Yesterday (Tuesday) was another business day, I did not see my mail on informed delivery and they did not bring it. I went to post office and explained them. Lady there told me that I need a tracking number to see where is it. Basically she did not help me at all. I could see it in her eyes and her behavior. Anyways, today is the same, I did not receive my interview notice. Luckily I?m working with a lawyer and he received his notice and finally we know when the interview is. However, I do not know what to do. Can I go to interview with my lawyer?s interview notice photocopy and explain them why I don?t have mine? Will I be accepted to my interview with a photocopy?

Thanks a lot for everybody in advance. Good luck.
    PD: 08/11/2017
    EAD and SSN: November 2017
    Interview date: 06/27/2018
    I-130 and I-485 approved: 07/02/2018
    GC in hand: 07/05/2018

Originally posted by nsygn View Post
    Hello everybody,

My PD: 08/11/2017
    Interview is scheduled notification 05/21/2018
    Field Office: Newark, NJ

I?ve been waiting to receive my interview notice since May 21st. I signed up for informed delivery on USPS website and saw my interview notice mail last Saturday. Unfortunately I did not receive it although I checked my mailbox 20 times on Saturday. As it is Memorial Day week, I thought I could get it next business day when USPS is delivering mails. Yesterday (Tuesday) was another business day, I did not see my mail on informed delivery and they did not bring it. I went to post office and explained them. Lady there told me that I need a tracking number to see where is it. Basically she did not help me at all. I could see it in her eyes and her behavior. Anyways, today is the same, I did not receive my interview notice. Luckily I?m working with a lawyer and he received his notice and finally we know when the interview is. However, I do not know what to do. Can I go to interview with my lawyer?s interview notice photocopy and explain them why I don?t have mine? Will I be accepted to my interview with a photocopy?

Thanks a lot for everybody in advance. Good luck.
    Yes you can go with your lawyer ( he/she will probably charge you more to appear at interview). You can use his copy if you dont get yours in time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X