July 2018 AOS Filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WaitedLongEnough View Post
    Wow !! I am wowing because here there are so so so so many people waiting longer than you. Please focus on loving your family. It?s a longer wait for some. What?s your Field office anyways ?

Am a Brooklyn resident , For now its in Chicago office. i assume once assigned to case manager it will be transferred to Local Field Office in NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by mari_elle View Post
      Did you receive your EAD already?
      I have not. I'm on H1B visa, so I'm not too concerned about that. I know somebody from work who got his GC before he ever received his EAD, so that's probably what's going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by rrbrooklynite View Post
        Am a Brooklyn resident , For now its in Chicago office. i assume once assigned to case manager it will be transferred to Local Field Office in NYC.
        You are correct. I am in Brooklyn FYI and have filed since April. Everyone?s case is different, some faster than some. Some meets numbs along the road. Again , focus on loving your family or else the process may drive you nuts.
        C9 Spouse of USC
        NYC Filer
        04/13/18 - PD
        05/04/18 - Bio notice
        05/23/18 - Bio completed
        09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
        09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
        10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
        10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
        10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
        10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
        10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
        11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
        11/26/18 - NOA for I765
        11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
        12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

Sharing my case. Employment based in Los Angeles

Gotta say it's painful to play waiting game without any clue when it's gonna get done.

July 19, 2018 - I-485 Received at Lincoln, NE
          August 7, 2018 - Received Employment Authorization and Advance Parole approval card
          August 16, 2018 - Biometric completed
          August 16, 2018 - Transfer Notice to National Benefits Center, Lee's Summit, MO

There are no updates after them till today(Sep/24). I assume it will be the interview for the next step but don't know how long it will take for me to get the notice for the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by bronxfiller View Post
            My status has not changed since July 17th.

My timeline:
            Case Filed 07/10/2018
            USCIS Receipt: 07/23/2018
            Biometrics Appointment Letter: 07/27/2018
            Biometrics Taken: 08/07/2018

Still waiting further news. It shows the case was received and "fingerprint fee was received".
            72 days since last status change.
            Hey guys. Any update anyone? 77 days and nothing. Still:
            Fingerprint fee was received
            Case was received
            Case was received.

I am kinda desperate since I have facing a challenge as far as finances and I have job opportunities in my area, which has a huge shortage in the country.

Comment

Hey guys. Any update anyone? 77 days and nothing. Still:
              Fingerprint fee was received
              Case was received
              Case was received.

I am kinda desperate since I have facing a challenge as far as finances and I have job opportunities in my area, which has a huge shortage in the country.
              If your application is marriage based, your EAD would allow you to work for any employer. You may start applying for jobs. All they may ask you is "Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment authorization or work visa (e.g., H1B). You may answer "No".

By law, they can't ask you to show proof of employment authorization until you are hired. That means, they have to offer you the job AND you have to accept it. These days, drug screening tests are standard. That will take a day or two. Then, there is usually a background check, as well, which takes several days. Hence, you will have time to get your EAD expedited with a job offer. You may pepper it with proof of financial hardship, too. USCIS does not always pay attention when people say financial hardship BUT your Senator does. As soon as you call USCIS and place the request to expedite, you will call your Senator's office and request their assistance with your request to expedite.

I should clarify that the Senator does not have necessarily have the power to expedite your process. The Senator's office will make a congressional inquiry to USCIS which **** *ally shakes the tree and typically, causes YOUR APPLE to just drop shortly after.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

July filer here

Hi guys!!!

I finally got the courage to comment, but I have been reading/following some of you for some time. Thank you for all your help!!!!!

I guess the anxiety is kicking and I need to talk to some fellow filers. Here's my situation: I was born in Cuba, I'm applying to adjust my status based on the Cuban Amendment Act, I entered the country on a F1 visa (I'm also a Canadian citizen), and about to graduate soon. My boyfriend is an American citizen, but never lived in the US before until we moved together about 2 years ago, so we decided to go the Cuban route, instead of waiting for him to file a bunch of years of taxes or ask for a family member to be a co-sponsor.
                My school is suggesting me to apply for OPT, but I already applied for a work permit, and don't feel like I should apply for OPT when my I-485/work permit application is pending. But I'm getting nervous because I'm going to a lot of interviews and when asked I say I don't need sponsorship, because I'm applying for jobs for July/sept 2019, so I think I have plenty of time. I really would like to start working in January, but don't know if will receive the work permit by then. Also, I didn't apply for an advanced parole for travelling, can I send it after the principal application was sent, or just suck it up and wait, I don't really care to travel, but there's a potential employer that might ask me to travel.

What do you suggest?

My Timeline:

Case Filed 06/17/2018
                USCIS Received Case 06/24/2018
                no priority date
                Biometric Date 08/15/2018
                received an email 3 days ago that some changes had been made to my application back in September 4th, but there's no update on the website (I check both, thanks to some of you who suggested doing that).

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                  If your application is marriage based, your EAD would allow you to work for any employer. You may start applying for jobs. All they may ask you is "Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment authorization or work visa (e.g., H1B). You may answer "No".

By law, they can't ask you to show proof of employment authorization until you are hired. That means, they have to offer you the job AND you have to accept it. These days, drug screening tests are standard. That will take a day or two. Then, there is usually a background check, as well, which takes several days. Hence, you will have time to get your EAD expedited with a job offer. You may pepper it with proof of financial hardship, too. USCIS does not always pay attention when people say financial hardship BUT your Senator does. As soon as you call USCIS and place the request to expedite, you will call your Senator's office and request their assistance with your request to expedite.

I should clarify that the Senator does not have necessarily have the power to expedite your process. The Senator's office will make a congressional inquiry to USCIS which **** *ally shakes the tree and typically, causes YOUR APPLE to just drop shortly after.

All the best,

USCFFS

I am still waiting for my EAD. My PD is July 11, 2018. I concurrently filed marriage-based petition from B2 visa. I am very eager to work asap. How to expedite my EAD? Is it okay to start applying with jobs by now them once I receive an offer, I can use that to submit expedite request and use the job offer as evidence? All companies would ask these questions when applying:
                  1. Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
                  2. Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?

Any idea how can I expedite my EAD?
                  Adjusting from B2 visa

07/09/2018 Sent AOS Package
                  07/11/2018 Priority Date
                  07/30/2018 Biometrics Done
                  08/08/2018 Case status updated to "Interview Ready to be Scheduled"

USCIS Office: National Benefits Center (NBC)

Comment

News

Hi folks, any news of you that applied in July? Still nothing here. 90 days since did biometrics and they didn't even updated on the website.
                    Last edited by bronxfiller; 10-03-2018, 09:56 AM.

Comment

DACA recipient and was married to a USC July 2016. Filed I-130 I-485 I-765 and I-131 concurrently. Package sent around the end of June 2018 to the NBC.

Priority date: 7-12-18
                      NOAs sent: 7-16-18
                      Checks cashed: 7-16-18
                      Bio letter received end of July
                      Courtesy letter for I-693: 8-7-18
                      BIO appt: 8-10-18
                      As of 8-17-18 my interview is ready to be scheduled but have not received anything after that.
                      Marriage based AOS
                      I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765
                      DACA recipient
                      MKE, WI field office

Priority date: 7-12-18
                      NOAs sent: 7-16-18
                      Checks cashed: 7-16-18
                      Courtesy letter for I-693: 8-7-18
                      BIO appt: 8-10-18
                      Interview ready to be scheduled: 8-17-18
                      New card is being produced (I-765 I-131 combo): 12-13-18
                      EAD/AP combo card received: 12-20-18
                      Interview has been scheduled: 1-23-19
                      Interview date: 2-25-19
                      GC in production:2-26-19

Comment

Hi folks, any news of you that applied in July? Still nothing here. 90 days since did biometrics and they didn't even updated on the website.
                        !
                        Nothing! I have a similar timeline to yours. Hoping and praying (I'm not even religious but this thing is converting me). Good luck and keep us posted!!!!

Comment

July Filers

Same here, it?s been 66days since they recv my docs. No updates yet,

Comment

No Update after AOS interview

Hi All,

I am married to USC. My wife applied my GC. At out AOS interview in Buffalo NY, the officer hardly asked us anything or requested for any additional evidence (we had a big folder filled with supporting docs). At the end of the interview the officer said he dose not consider our marriage as fraudulent but he needs to complete some checks and we should get a notice in a couple of weeks. Its been 3 weeks now since our interview and no update yet. Can someone advise (getting super nervous now)

Case timeline;

Case received by uscis july 10 2018
                            August 2 Fingerprint done
                            August 9 fingerprint completed and case ready to be scheduled for interview.
                            Sept 19 Interview completed.

Myuscis account still says interview schedule. Please let me know if someone had a similar experience.

Comment

Originally posted by leddzepp View Post
                              Hi All,

I am married to USC. My wife applied my GC. At out AOS interview in Buffalo NY, the officer hardly asked us anything or requested for any additional evidence (we had a big folder filled with supporting docs). At the end of the interview the officer said he dose not consider our marriage as fraudulent but he needs to complete some checks and we should get a notice in a couple of weeks. Its been 3 weeks now since our interview and no update yet. Can someone advise (getting super nervous now)

Case timeline;

Case received by uscis july 10 2018
                              August 2 Fingerprint done
                              August 9 fingerprint completed and case ready to be scheduled for interview.
                              Sept 19 Interview completed.

Myuscis account still says interview schedule. Please let me know if someone had a similar experience.
                              I'm in the same boat - My case was received 7/9/18, and we just had our interview today. Our IO said he does not have the authority to give out approvals, so his supervisor needs to review the case again. I'm not sure how long the process will be, and he did not give us a timeline either. The wait begins again...

Comment

Originally posted by Udolpho View Post
                                I'm in the same boat - My case was received 7/9/18, and we just had our interview today. Our IO said he does not have the authority to give out approvals, so his supervisor needs to review the case again. I'm not sure how long the process will be, and he did not give us a timeline either. The wait begins again...
                                Hi Udolpho, are you filing as DACA recipient or B2 visa?
                                Adjusting from B2 visa

07/09/2018 Sent AOS Package
                                07/11/2018 Priority Date
                                07/30/2018 Biometrics Done
                                08/08/2018 Case status updated to "Interview Ready to be Scheduled"

USCIS Office: National Benefits Center (NBC)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X