Please Help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help!!!!

It seems like my EAD has been lost by the USPS. I have informed delivery and did put hold on it. When I went to pick it up the clerk told me it had gone out so I should expect it to be delivered by the mail person. I waited for the mail person at the mailbox for 5 good hours and when she showed up she didn?t have it according to her.

When I track it the message says customer asked for redelivery which I never requested.
    USPS opened a case file for it and a gentleman called me early this morning to go to the same post office to get it. I went and they told me a lady will get back to me once they get to my case number.

I decided to call USCIS to inform them what is going on and Level 1 officer was helpful but he told me there is nothing they could do on their end. I have to wait 30 days and if it?s returned to them I have reply again and send them the fee of $400 and wait for it like I waited before meaning 4+ months.

I have a job offer. I?m frustrated and crying at the same time. I don?t know what to do.

Originally posted by Plz View Post
    It seems like my EAD has been lost by the USPS. I have informed delivery and did put hold on it. When I went to pick it up the clerk told me it had gone out so I should expect it to be delivered by the mail person. I waited for the mail person at the mailbox for 5 good hours and when she showed up she didn?t have it according to her.

When I track it the message says customer asked for redelivery which I never requested.
    USPS opened a case file for it and a gentleman called me early this morning to go to the same post office to get it. I went and they told me a lady will get back to me once they get to my case number.

I decided to call USCIS to inform them what is going on and Level 1 officer was helpful but he told me there is nothing they could do on their end. I have to wait 30 days and if it?s returned to them I have reply again and send them the fee of $400 and wait for it like I waited before meaning 4+ months.

I have a job offer. I?m frustrated and crying at the same time. I don?t know what to do.
    Wow you're having an awful time with this, I'm so sorry! I am sure it's driving you insane. USPS have obviously messed up and nobody is wanting to take the blame for it or own up to it, which is ridiculous. I'd suggest making a formal complaint to USPS about this. I don't know how to advise you to further deal with this because it seems you've tried everything, I hope someone can give you some kind of advice for something you've not tried yet.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Does not make a lot of sense as to why you would have to reapply... and pay another amount of money since all they have to do is reprint the card... Yes perhaps a lost card fee or something like that... but how is going through Biometrics and all that again going to be any difference in the last 15 days or however long since the card was approved and mailed out.... I would speak to a level 2 or 3 officer if you do not receive the card by tuesday in the mail.

Comment

What a mess. Seriously, USPS is the worst. Still, they're the middle man and USCIS can't act like they're not responsible.

You need to complain. Go to your senator. Also complain to the Office of Inspector general. https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/P...Chapter10.html While your complaint may be out of their scope, they will ensure it goes to the right person.

Your employer should be able to e-verify you soon. Show them your status updates. Show them your approval notice. You're authorized to work even if you do not have the physical card yet. Your social security number should arrive soon, too. So that will be proof as well.

Get creative. Call USCIS with your employer present. Have them dial the number for you.

Comment

I believe you will find it

I am sorry you are experiencing this mail mishap. Somehow, I believe your EAD will re-surface. Stay in touch with USPS. All will be well.
          7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
          10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
          7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
          8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
          5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

Originally posted by Hotaru-Grace View Post
            I am sorry you are experiencing this mail mishap. Somehow, I believe your EAD will re-surface. Stay in touch with USPS. All will be well.
            I think the same too. I wonder if there was a simple typo in the address (N vs. S, Ave vs. St, etc) and maybe that's why USPS is struggling to deliver it to a proper address? There's some evidence of USCIS attempting redelivery of undelivered mails and people are saying that took 2-3 weeks. So hopefully, it will turn up in your mailbox sooner or later. The situation sucks no doubt, but stay strong!
            2018 Marriage-based AOS (I-130, I-485, I-765)
            07-09: Package Delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
            07-17: NOA texts & emails (~10:30 pm)
            07-17: Checks cashed
            07-20: 3 NOAs received in the mail
            07-27: Biometrics letter in mail; scheduled for 08-08
            07-30: Biometrics done; USCIS received on 07-31
            08-02: RFIE for proof of legal employment; replied 08-04
            08-08: USCIS received RFIE, case no longer on hold
            10-04: AP approved
            11-28: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
            11-29: EAD approved

Comment

Originally posted by hpx3000 View Post
              I think the same too. I wonder if there was a simple typo in the address (N vs. S, Ave vs. St, etc) and maybe that's why USPS is struggling to deliver it to a proper address? There's some evidence of USCIS attempting redelivery of undelivered mails and people are saying that took 2-3 weeks. So hopefully, it will turn up in your mailbox sooner or later. The situation sucks no doubt, but stay strong!
              Thank you so much for the positive message. Will update if I get it. God bless.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Hotaru-Grace View Post
              Thank you for the reply and a positive note.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
              What a mess. Seriously, USPS is the worst. Still, they're the middle man and USCIS can't act like they're not responsible.

You need to complain. Go to your senator. Also complain to the Office of Inspector general. https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/P...Chapter10.html While your complaint may be out of their scope, they will ensure it goes to the right person.

Your employer should be able to e-verify you soon. Show them your status updates. Show them your approval notice. You're authorized to work even if you do not have the physical card yet. Your social security number should arrive soon, too. So that will be proof as well.

Get creative. Call USCIS with your employer present. Have them dial the number for you.
              Thank you for the reply. Yes I?m so frustrated but at this point like you said I have to be creative. Do you think there is a possibility I can go get a state id or driver?s license in GA by just using my I797 notice. I already have my social security card.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. Yes I?m so frustrated but at this point like you said I have to be creative. Do you think there is a possibility I can go get a state id or driver?s license in GA by just using my I797 notice. I already have my social security card.
                Unfortunately, in the state of Georgia you will need EAD but that's according to their website though because lots of persons were turned down by the DMV with their EAD. The employees would tell them the i485 must be an approved one. Fortunately for me, I didn't have to go with my EAD cuz my GC came in time.
                Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
                Priority Date: 01/22/2018
                Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
                Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
                Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
                Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
                EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
                EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
                SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
                GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
                Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
                I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
                GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

Originally posted by kaylip View Post
                  Unfortunately, in the state of Georgia you will need EAD but that's according to their website though because lots of persons were turned down by the DMV with their EAD. The employees would tell them the i485 must be an approved one. Fortunately for me, I didn't have to go with my EAD cuz my GC came in time.
                  Thanks.. so one can?t have a driver?s license without i485 being approved? Or was that a typo on your part. That doesn?t sound right.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. Yes I?m so frustrated but at this point like you said I have to be creative. Do you think there is a possibility I can go get a state id or driver?s license in GA by just using my I797 notice. I already have my social security card.[/QUOTE]

The GA DMV is a pain, even more so than the MN DMV. You can try.

Comment

DMVs require actual card-EAD or GC or Citizenship not receipts

Thanks.. so one can?t have a driver?s license without i485 being approved? Or was that a typo on your part. That doesn?t sound right.
                      From experience, here in Florida in October 2017 when I got my EAD. I could not use the I797 notice only to get the driver's license though it seems it was a practice some DMVs did some years ago, some places might still be lenient. However, they only requested that I waited until I got the actual i765 EAD-Red card and return to get the driver's license department. However, as soon as I got it I went FIRST to the SSA got an authorized note, stating continued use of SSN (I was on a J1 visa prior to AOS), you will get a note documenting your application for SSN. The next day I went to the driver's license department and got the license without a hitch.

So a little more waiting and you will get your actual EAD card.

All the best
                      7. 18. 2017: I130, I131, I485, I864, I765 - Chicago Lockbox: 8. 15. 2017: Biom-Kendall, Florida
                      10. 5. 2017: EAD received: 6. 21. 2018: 7. 5. 2018: Interview I797C notice rec’d
                      7. 31. 2018: Interview-Kendall, Florida: 7. 31. 2018: Interview success: Imm. I485 approval: 8. 1. 2018: I130 approved
                      8. 3. 2018: Card is mailed to me (1485): 8. 8. 2018: 2-yr GC in hand: 6. 6. 2020: ROC: 9. 23. 2020: 10-yr Green Card
                      5. 6. 2021: Appl. for Nat.: 8. 16. 2021: Nat. Interview 10. 1. 2021: Oath Cer. Mailed

Comment

They're saying it has to be an approved I485. Like UsCitizenFilingForSpouse said, Georgia DMV is a pain. Lots of persons were turned away but go and try your luck at different DMV's in different cities. The current situation right now is that they want to stop illegals from acquiring DL because they believe that they are using it to vote. Smh. But I766(EAD) document is listed as a requirement along with the I485 & SSN. When you get it print the page from the website and see if it works.
                        Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
                        Priority Date: 01/22/2018
                        Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
                        Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
                        Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
                        Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
                        EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
                        EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
                        SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
                        GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
                        Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
                        I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
                        GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

Originally posted by kaylip View Post
                          They're saying it has to be an approved I485. Like UsCitizenFilingForSpouse said, Georgia DMV is a pain. Lots of persons were turned away but go and try your luck at different DMV's in different cities. The current situation right now is that they want to stop illegals from acquiring DL because they believe that they are using it to vote. Smh. But I766(EAD) document is listed as a requirement along with the I485 & SSN. When you get it print the page from the website and see if it works.
                          How do they expect people who have just the EAD and social security card to drive back and forth from work if they require approved 485 to get driver?s license? Interviews can sometimes take more than a year to be scheduled and in some cases do not get approved on the spot. It just doesn?t make sen s but I will try once I get my EAD.

Comment

Like Kaylip said, print out the requirements. I would ask for a supervisor. Record the encounter if you have to. DMV employees always act like they're ICE or soemthing. Federal-employee-wannabe's

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                              Like Kaylip said, print out the requirements. I would ask for a supervisor. Record the encounter if you have to. DMV employees always act like they're ICE or soemthing. Federal-employee-wannabe's
                              Exactly. It just doesn?t make sense that I have to wait for 485 to be approved for me to get a driver?s license. Don?t employers need a valid id to hire a person along with the EAD?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X