Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-485 Whats next? and where is my I-785?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 Whats next? and where is my I-785?

201 B INA Parent of USC

2-12-18 Rec I-485 NBC office
    3-14-18 Biometics appt. Phoenix Office
    7-30-18 Rec RFE (Taxes) NBC office
    8-9-18 Rec response to RFE NBC office.

I also applied for the EAD I-765. NBC office received on 2-12-18 and have not heard anything since.

Im living in Phoenix, AZ and desperately waiting for my green card so I can return back to Mexico before my mother passes away.

Does anyone have any advice or any idea when I should get my interview????

Originally posted by DAMC18 View Post
    201 B INA Parent of USC

I also applied for the EAD I-765. NBC office received on 2-12-18 and have not heard anything since.

Im living in Phoenix, AZ and desperately waiting for my green card so I can return back to Mexico before my mother passes away.

Interview for parents of US citizens are usually waived unless there is some admissibility issue/challenge. Since you have extenuating circumstances, I think you should reach out to your congress representative. Arizona has 4 democrats in congress. https://www.house.gov/representatives
    Reach out, they will inquire on your behalf. You could also call USCIS and request for your I-485 interview to be expedited. They will give you a request number. Then you could ask the Congress representative to follow up on your request to expedite. They could also inquire if you qualify for an interview waiver.

You will have to fill out a privacy release form. There is usually an immigration specific form on the representative's website. Start the letter with "To The Honorable Joe Smith" and finish it with "Very respectfully"

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

Expired G-28 ?

Guys I just realized the form G-28 that I used with my 485 application package had an expiray date of end of March. I filed in late July. Would that be a problem????!!!

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
        Interview for parents of US citizens are usually waived unless there is some admissibility issue/challenge. Since you have extenuating circumstances, I think you should reach out to your congress representative. Arizona has 4 democrats in congress. https://www.house.gov/representatives
        Reach out, they will inquire on your behalf. You could also call USCIS and request for your I-485 interview to be expedited. They will give you a request number. Then you could ask the Congress representative to follow up on your request to expedite. They could also inquire if you qualify for an interview waiver.

You will have to fill out a privacy release form. There is usually an immigration specific form on the representative's website. Start the letter with "To The Honorable Joe Smith" and finish it with "Very respectfully"

All the best,

USCFFS
        Thank you. I will ask my attorney, I would think he would know about requesting to expedite my application.

Comment

Thank you. I will ask my attorney, I would think he would know about requesting to expedite my application.
          Wrong. Attorneys will always tell you to wait your turn. After all, they get no money from you to place a request to expedite. Up to you.

Comment

Wrong. Attorneys will always tell you to wait your turn. After all, they get no money from you to place a request to expedite. Up to you.
            USCFFS is correct, if you consult your attorney, you won't get to see your family before they cross that ol rainbow road nor will you have the money to travel over there. you're going to be sitting there waiting and probably finally get a call next march saying it's time to interview for your GC. maybe not really that long but you're defintiely looking at a long wait if you're having an attorney help you and high costs cause they love taking your money.
            This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

I-785 EAD **Update**

I recieved notice today, that they will print my EAD card and mail it to my address.

Does anyone how long it will take to arrive?

I pray that my green card is included. 😟

Comment

Repost - Just looking for that light at the end of the tunnel.

I posted this back a bit ago and thank you for the response. My mother passed away and was not able to be with her.

I am just wondering if anyone has any time frame when I will get an interview/or my green card. I have always heard that when your U.S. Child petitioned for you that it would be a quick process. I am at day 202th day. I am assuming with the new administration that is no longer the case.

All the best,

USCFFS
                201 B INA Parent of USC

Comment

I posted this back a bit ago and thank you for the response. My mother passed away and was not able to be with her.

I am just wondering if anyone has any time frame when I will get an interview/or my green card. I have always heard that when your U.S. Child petitioned for you that it would be a quick process. I am at day 202th day. I am assuming with the new administration that is no longer the case.
                  DAMC18,

my condolences to you and your loved ones. I am so sorry to hear that. Did you reach out to your Senator?

You are correct. Typically, the process is relatively speedy for parents of US citizens. If the immediate relative relationship is documented by indisputable evidence, and if you submit a solid affidavit of financial support, such cases would just zoom through the system. My mother get her green card in 5ish months back in 2015. I petitioned for her. Her EAD arrived within 90 days like clockwork and the 10 year green card followed.

I am so sorry for your loss. I think that you may be able to press the issue with a Senator, and possibly have your interview or green card expedited.

Comment

Thank you, it is hard but my mother did not want me to cross without my green card in hand. I promised her and didn't want to break that promise.

I reached out to Rep. Gallegos and all his office wanted to do for me was get me an interview for an AP. I was reluctant to do this because I was hearing from people in Mexico that they were having problems crossing with an AP.

I did not reach out to a Senator because one of my Senator's passed away that same week so I am all the offices were busy with that.

My attorney just wants me to wait and says my interview should be ready to be scheduled soon. He got paid, so what does he care.

I just don't understand why its taking so long. My application is simple, my daughter petitioned for me (she lives in Tucson and I live in Phoenix), my cousin is my co-sponsor because my daughter didn't make enough money. Straight forward is what I have heard but still taking to long.

Comment

Thank you, it is hard but my mother did not want me to cross without my green card in hand. I promised her and didn't want to break that promise.

I reached out to Rep. Gallegos and all his office wanted to do for me was get me an interview for an AP. I was reluctant to do this because I was hearing from people in Mexico that they were having problems crossing with an AP.

I did not reach out to a Senator because one of my Senator's passed away that same week so I am all the offices were busy with that.

My attorney just wants me to wait and says my interview should be ready to be scheduled soon. He got paid, so what does he care.

I just don't understand why its taking so long. My application is simple, my daughter petitioned for me (she lives in Tucson and I live in Phoenix), my cousin is my co-sponsor because my daughter didn't make enough money. Straight forward is what I have heard but still taking to long.
                      Jon Kyl was appointed to succeed John McCain - at least until the November elections. I would still reach out to his office. https://www.senate.gov/senators/115t...ss/Kyl_Jon.htm
                      Or reach out to Senator Flake

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X