Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

08-16-18 Updated I-765 EAD Processing times!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08-16-18 Updated I-765 EAD Processing times!!!

Alright. I couldn't believe my eyes at first, but the NBC's current inquiry date for c9 category is 02-14-18. That is 184 days OR 6 months 3 days. The case inquiry date yesterday was 01-27-18. So this is a big deal.

These are my guess-timates:

4.5 mo (??%) = 137 days = 04-02-18 * we estimate that they've worked on ALL EADs that were received on or before 04-02
    6.5 mo (130%) = 196 days = 02-02-18 *Per USCIS website, upper limit is 130% of the processing time.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 08-16-2018, 03:50 AM.

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post

These are my guess-timates:

4.5 mo (??%) = 137 days = 04-02-18 * we estimate that they've worked on ALL EADs that were received on or before 04-02
    OK, can I ask about this? Mostly because I'm a nerd, and also because in my experience, if I don't understand something, chances are someone else also doesn't understand it. Here's my problem: You say that the first estimate corresponds to *all* (100%) of EAD applications. But then there would be none to inquire about with an earlier date, right? In the past, I understood the first number to correspond to the median processing time, but that was just a guess. It would mean that chances are 50/50 that a random application would fall below this time frame. And it would make sense to have a higher number, somewhat above the processing time for the media (why not 130%!) as a "maximum acceptable" time.

So where does this "ALL" come from?
    AOS from F1 OPT, full packet, c(9)
    06/06 Package sent to Chicago lockbox
    06/11 Package received
    06/11 PD
    06/18 4 email + 4 SMS notifications. NBC
    06/23 3 NoA received via mail. I-131 missing
    07/06 Biometrics notice, Anchorage for 07/12
    07/09 800 miles drive, 15 moose, 1 porcupine and 3 eagles later, walk-in biometrics
    07/17 Missing NoA for I-131 showed up in the mail
    08/23 Interview, Anchorage
    08/25 New card is being produced
    08/27 Case was approved

Comment

Well my Pd is 3/30 and still no news about EAD/AP...
      I’m one of the unlucky ones.��
      B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
      FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
      4/20/18 Received 4 letters
      5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
      5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
      9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
      9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
      9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
      9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
      9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
      2/17/19 Traveled abroad
      3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
      3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

Originally posted by tamarack View Post
        OK, can I ask about this? Mostly because I'm a nerd, and also because in my experience, if I don't understand something, chances are someone else also doesn't understand it. Here's my problem: You say that the first estimate corresponds to *all* (100%) of EAD applications. But then there would be none to inquire about with an earlier date, right? In the past, I understood the first number to correspond to the median processing time, but that was just a guess. It would mean that chances are 50/50 that a random application would fall below this time frame. And it would make sense to have a higher number, somewhat above the processing time for the media (why not 130%!) as a "maximum acceptable" time.

So where does this "ALL" come from?
        There are pilot forms and non-pilot forms. The 50% and 93% format really only applies to pilot forms. The I-765 is not a pilot form.
        USCIS only tells you that the upper limit is 130% of the processing time, so you could infer what the 100% using a basic rule of proportion. a/b =c/d. When I did that, I got 150 days for 100% or 03-20-18. So maybe that's more accurate? See the screenshots below and feel free to click through the USCIS website and draw your own conclusion or guess-timate.

They can post the holy gospel if they want. We all know they do as they please, and are still to explain way they stopped working on cases filed in 2017 in January 2018 and started working on cases that were filed in January 2018 or after. LIFO (Last In First Out) instead of FIFO (First In First Out).
        Attached Files
        Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 08-16-2018, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
          Well my Pd is 3/30 and still no news about EAD/AP...
          I?m one of the unlucky ones.��
          The NBC does claim they work on EAD/APs of those people under the jurisdiction of slow Field Offices. In other words, if they see your jurisdiction is scheduling interviews left and right, then they may ignore your EAD/AP. So maybe that's it. Maybe you're about to be scheduled (?). A tier 2 or 3 told me that.

Comment

If my I-485 EAD expires in October, should i wait til then to apply for renewal? Also, i haven't really started looking into EAD renewal process (my DACA EAD expires in April of next year) but is EAD renewal for those in AOS process free?
            Applications: I-102, I-485 and I-130

PD: 7/24/17
            Biometrics: 9/2/17
            We are scheduling your interview: 9/5/17 (then updated to March/15/18)
            EAD: October 2017
            I-102 approved on: 7/25/18
            EAD renewal and Advance Parole package received - 12/01/18
            EAD renewal being worked on - 12/05/18
            Interview scheduled notification received! - 2/6/19
            Interview - 3/26/19

Comment

How about Receipt date for a case inquiry jump back in time?
              For example, yesterday the date in my case was 08/10/2017, however, it's jumped back 07/06/2017 today. Any explanation ?

Comment

The NBC does claim they work on EAD/APs of those people under the jurisdiction of slow Field Offices. In other words, if they see your jurisdiction is scheduling interviews left and right, then they may ignore your EAD/AP. So maybe that's it. Maybe you're about to be scheduled (?). A tier 2 or 3 told me that.
                Thank you so much youre always so helpful. Appreciate it.
                I just cant wait to get my combo card asap so I can start with my life.
                And hopefullg will get my interview soon in SF, that would be so much better.
                B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
                FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                4/20/18 Received 4 letters
                5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
                5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
                9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
                9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
                9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
                9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
                2/17/19 Traveled abroad
                3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
                3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

My PD is March 02, 2018, No EAD, my case turn to case ready to be scheduled for an interview on the USCIS website as at 14-April-2018 early morning. Nothing was updated on the DHS website. On 15-April-18, no changes on the USCIS website but the DHS website reads, Interview canceled.
                  I call USCIS and spoke with Tier 1, the answer was, May be your interview was canceled by the officer assigned to interview you, or you were schedule accidentally.

- - - Updated - - -

We have the same story, Case ready for to be schedule for an interview and the next day Interview Canceled. Which of the site shows the interview canceled? Did you call USCIS to find out?

Comment

Mine took over 5 months, and they forgot the AP which I had to push for

Its a bit of a luck game I think

Comment

Originally posted by rasous View Post
                      My PD is March 02, 2018, No EAD, my case turn to case ready to be scheduled for an interview on the USCIS website as at 14-April-2018 early morning. Nothing was updated on the DHS website. On 15-April-18, no changes on the USCIS website but the DHS website reads, Interview canceled.
                      I call USCIS and spoke with Tier 1, the answer was, May be your interview was canceled by the officer assigned to interview you, or you were schedule accidentally.

- - - Updated - - -

We have the same story, Case ready for to be schedule for an interview and the next day Interview Canceled. Which of the site shows the interview canceled? Did you call USCIS to find out?
                      I just realized I didn?t specify which site shows ?on 08-09-18, we canceled your interview?.
                      I first noticed on 08-09 the ?Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview? update on the egov site with a time stamp of 08-09.
                      Then the next morning on 08-10, we got the ?on 08-09-18 we canceled your interview?.

To answer your question, we have not called. Right now we are just focusing on the ?here? and ?now?. Summer is almost over and we spent a good portion of it sorting through immigration stuff. My husband got the combo card, and at least we do not have to worry about ICE dragging him into a van if they ever do a sweep in our area.
                      We may just patiently wait for the interview in this jurisdiction. If we do, the hope would be to hit our 2 year marriage anniversary by the time we get the interview. Right now the processing time for the minneapolis office is 14 months to 24 months. It?s an improvement from their previous 14.5 to 28 months.
                      We?re mostly making peace with the cards we?ve been dealt. Someone in this forum once said ?focus on your loved ones, not just on the immigration process?. Of course, filing error free cases takes a lot of focus but still, find the balance and focus on your loved ones.

Comment

Did they just change back to the old processing time?
                        Yesterday was Feb 14, now they change back to Jan 31!
                        Same with 485, they only changed for 1 day.
                        I really don?t understand the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Hluu67 View Post
                          Did they just change back to the old processing time?
                          Yesterday was Feb 14, now they change back to Jan 31!
                          Same with 485, they only changed for 1 day.
                          I really don?t understand the system.
                          Yup, I am not surprised it happened. So hopefully there are people who were able to submit SRs. They changed it. It was 02-14. That's why I posted the screenshot. So sneaky. Instead of spending time doing all of that, just process cases already.

Comment

Yup, I am not surprised it happened. So hopefully there are people who were able to submit SRs. They changed it. It was 02-14. That's why I posted the screenshot. So sneaky. Instead of spending time doing all of that, just process cases already.
                            I think this is part of the answer: ?We calculate processing times by using historical data of completed cases. We cannot project how long it will take to complete a case filed today.? (USCIS, https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/more-info)
                            03/20/2018 (Day 1): Marriage AOS / NBC.
                            03/28/2018 (Day 8): USCIS cashed the check.
                            04/05/2018 (Day 16): 4 NOAs.
                            04/13/2018 (Day 24): Sent RFE.
                            04/18/2018 (Day 29): Walked in.
                            04/21/2018 (Day 32): RFE.
                            05/24/2018 (Day 65): RFE response.
                            06/03/2018 (Day 75): Courtesy Letter.
                            08/14/2018 (Day 147): Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.
                            08/15/2018 (Day 148): EAD is being produced.
                            08/17/2018 (Day 150): EAD was mailed.
                            08/21/2018 (Day 154): EAD and SSN in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by HSH.94 View Post
                              I think this is part of the answer: ?We calculate processing times by using historical data of completed cases. We cannot project how long it will take to complete a case filed today.? (USCIS, https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/more-info)
                              Yes definitely. It?s just poor form on their part. Just a few days ago, the case inquiry date was
                              01-27-18 and processing time 5 to 7 months
                              02-14-18 and processing time 4.5 to 6.5 months
                              02-01-18 and processing time 5 to 7 months.

The Whole concept is stupid. So we can?t inquire until whatever poorly filed case, that?s been sitting in the queue, gets adjudicated? Seriously.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X