August 2018 Filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
    I'm sorry this is happening to you. One question, did you move? I read a couple of posts from people saying that they received letters to new address but the EAD was sent to the old address.

Did you check both sites? I think only one of them show the "card picked up by the USPS" and give a tracking number. I hope you get it soon.
    No, i didn't move gladly. Problem is the status on both websites has never changed from "case was received" even though I got approval letters in my mail.
    And i suppose in their system it shows the same, meaning EAD was never produced.... Wait for another 2 month - as what they suggest.
    I think i will write to the congressman if nothing is going to happen next week.
    AOS through Marriage from B1/B2 Visa overstay
    Los Angeles, CA

08/28/2018 - forms were sent
    08/30 - PD
    09/07 - Text/Mail notifications
    09/10 - the check was cashed
    09/15 - NOA
    09/22 - Biometrics appointment letter
    10/04 - Biometrics was done
    10/11 - ready to be scheduled for an interview
    02/01/2019 - approval letters for I-765 and I-131 [dated 01/29; online status didn't change]
    02/19 - SSN arrived
    02/26 - EAD produced
    04/24 - interview scheduled
    06/05 - interview date

Comment

• Originally posted by onendaft View Post
      No, i didn't move gladly. Problem is the status on both websites has never changed from "case was received" even though I got approval letters in my mail.
      And i suppose in their system it shows the same, meaning EAD was never produced.... Wait for another 2 month - as what they suggest.
      I think i will write to the congressman if nothing is going to happen next week.
      Your case is "not normal" because you don't have any updates and got letters. I see several people from August getting the EAD recently. Because you got the letters, I think the EAD will be sent soon, hopefully with an online update "USPS picked up your card" with a tracking number.

Looks like the updates depend on the people looking at the case, some don't change the online status until they finish the process (send the card, set interview date).

I think you will get your card this month.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• Updating my August 2018 filled case and for EAD

My update to my case timeline below and hoping this gives additional insight and hope to others in same situation.

> 2/11/2019: called USCIS for a case "out of processing time" (since date of receipt already on 8/25/2018) but my request rejected since I need it to await for the full 6 month before doing it, meaning 2/24/2019. Neither the online tool accepted this case inquiry request. Imagine stress levels so high.
        2/13/2019: my EAD case status changed to "new card being produced", how much oxygen that gives you... being all this days like in a two wave hold down under water and suddenly you can take a zip of oxygen and strength to continue fighting... Thank you up there :-)

Originally posted by surferdoandfl View Post
        Hello to everyone!
        Sharing my case here as well. Currently waiting and counting every minute in order to receive EAD work permit. I see August fillers started to received EAD's, congrats to whom had received it. Feeling it for us who hasn't.

NBC Service Center
        8/20/2018: Mailed I-130, I-131, I-765, I-485 from Orlando, Fl (eligibility category is C09 as married to USC, kids (2) USC as well)
        8/24/2018: Priority Date and Received Date
        8/24/2018:Payments Fee Received (showed in receipts received)
        10/16/2018: Expedite service requested based on "several financial loss" due work job offer in hand
        10/18/2018: Response from USCIS on SR received, supporting documents requested to be faxed
        10/19/2018: Biometrics appointment notice date received for 11/06
        10/29/2018: SR expedite supporting document faxed to USCIS team
        11/06/2018: Fingerprint and Biometrics Completed
        11/08/2018: I-485 status changed Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview, only status changed experienced up to date
        12/11/2018: follow up call to USCIS (level 1) for expedite response request from my side. Another SR was created. No response received.
        1/14/2019: follow up call to USCIS (level 1) for expedite response request from my side. Another SR was created. No response received.
        1/28/2019: follow up call to USCIS (talked to level 2) for expedite response request from my side. Officer explained to me that if no further action was taken is due the fact that my expedite request was not approved and I am still under expected processing time.
        2/11/2019: called USCIS for a case "out of processing time" (since date of receipt already on 8/25/2018) but my request rejected since I need it to await for the full 6 month before doing it, meaning 2/24/2019. Neither the online tool accepted this case inquiry request. Imagine stress levels so high.
        2/13/2019: my EAD case status changed to "new card being produced", how much oxygen that gives you... being all this days like in a two wave hold down under water and suddenly you can take a zip of oxygen and strength to continue fighting... Thank you up there :-)

Thank you for reading thru here. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by IHRL View Post
          Congratulations!!!!
          Thank you
          Field Office at San Bernadino

PD at August 2nd
          Biometric appointment at August 28th
          Finger print review completed at August 29th
          Form I-485 is ready to schedule for interview at September 4th
          EAD card on hand at January 10th
          Interview was scheduled at Feb 4th 2019

Comment

• New Card Being Produced

Today Monday February 18th I got my status changed to New Card Being Produced

The status changed only on the egov.uscis.gov website but did not change on my.uscis.gov where we usually have to log in .Is this normal?

On egov.uscis.gov website only my EAD status changed to New Card Being Produced. while my AP status is still Case received.

For people who got their cards, please how long from New Card Being Produced do we get the card in our hands? And do I have to be present to sign for it? I will be out of town until Friday night and I was wondering.
            FO - Texas --> NBC
            PD - August 29th 2018
            courtesy letter for medical exam (I-693) - September 13th 2018
            Biometric Appt scheduled - November 7th 2018
            Early walk-in Biometric - October 29th 2018
            Case ready to be scheduled for an interview - November 1st 2018
            New Card is Being Produced - February 18th 2019
            Card was mailed - February 21st 2019
            EAD card in hand - February 23rd 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by Osmosis000 View Post
              Today Monday February 18th I got my status changed to New Card Being Produced

The status changed only on the egov.uscis.gov website but did not change on my.uscis.gov where we usually have to log in .Is this normal?

On egov.uscis.gov website only my EAD status changed to New Card Being Produced. while my AP status is still Case received.

For people who got their cards, please how long from New Card Being Produced do we get the card in our hands? And do I have to be present to sign for it? I will be out of town until Friday night and I was wondering.
              yeah, that should be your true status. It happened to me as well. Not sure why these two status do not sync at the same time but either of the updates should be reflecting what they have in the system. don't worry about it, just wait for the receipt and the card in the mail.
              Field Office - San Francisco

8/03/18 - Priority Date
              8/27/18 - Biometrics walked in
              9/05/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
              12/10/18 - I-765 Expedition Request Sent to Congresswoman
              12/20/18 - Expedition Support sent to Congresswoman
              1/07/19 - New Card is being produced
              1/11/19 - Received I-765 and I-131 Approval Notice
              1/14/19 - Received Combo Card

Comments are personal opinions, not legal advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by yvc View Post
                yeah, that should be your true status. It happened to me as well. Not sure why these two status do not sync at the same time but either of the updates should be reflecting what they have in the system. don't worry about it, just wait for the receipt and the card in the mail.

okay thank you so much. Do we have to be home to sign for it or it just gets delivered in my mail box?
                FO - Texas --> NBC
                PD - August 29th 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Osmosis000 View Post
                  okay thank you so much. Do we have to be home to sign for it or it just gets delivered in my mail box?
                  It is delivered to the mail box
                  Time Line I-485:
                  Aug 28, 2018 - Case was received
                  Nov 09, 2018 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                  Aug 09, 2019 - Interview was scheduled
                  Sep 13, 2019 - Interview was completed
                  Sep 25, 2019 - New Card is being Produced
                  Sep 26, 2019 - Case was approved
                  Sep 27, 2019 - Card was mailed to me

Comment

• update

So a little update to my situation. Unbelievably but I've received today my SSN which is (obviously) valid only with a work permit which I still don't have LOL...

I've checked this weekend "experience" part of this website and found out that my case is not the only one and some people were waiting up to a year to receive their EAD. Another case was exactly the same - approval notices in the mailbox, online status was never changed, EAD received after 4 (!!!) months and after contacting senator, congressman etc.

I've wrote to the congressman in my area and also left online Service Request for my case on uscis website. Hopefully some of these actions will help...
                    AOS through Marriage from B1/B2 Visa overstay
                    Los Angeles, CA

08/28/2018 - forms were sent
                    08/30 - PD
                    09/07 - Text/Mail notifications
                    09/10 - the check was cashed
                    09/15 - NOA
                    09/22 - Biometrics appointment letter
                    10/04 - Biometrics was done
                    10/11 - ready to be scheduled for an interview
                    02/01/2019 - approval letters for I-765 and I-131 [dated 01/29; online status didn't change]
                    02/19 - SSN arrived
                    02/26 - EAD produced
                    04/24 - interview scheduled
                    06/05 - interview date

Comment

• Originally posted by M.Alvarez View Post
                      It is delivered to the mail box
                      okay thank you sooo much
                      FO - Texas --> NBC
                      PD - August 29th 2018

Comment

• I called uscis and asked about my case this morning. I-485 status changed to new card is being produced today.

Comment

• Employment based timelines?

Have many employment based I-485 filers got interviews? I got my EAD card in 2 months (early Nov), but no update since then.

Comment

• Wow congratulations, can you share youre experience

Comment

• PD 08/07/2018
                              interview scheduled at Memphis TN: 12/29/2018
                              EAD received 01/13/2019
                              Interview conducted : 02/05/2019
                              Approved on the spot but the officer insisted that I send her my transcript before I took a break from school. Only then will she release my GC. 2 days after interview I truly got a letter from her to which I immediately responded.
                              2 weeks thereafter no show. I decided to call uscis yesterday about the case. A lady told me I have to wait 60 freaking days before GC could get to me. That same yesterday, I got a status update that GC has been ordered to be produced.
                              About the interview;
                              I have been married before so also my wife. We were both divorcees. My name was called on the interview day and a gentle black uscis officer walked us in. Me, my wife and my step son. We sworn the oath and were told to sit down. We were not separated. She went through the form and asked me few questions like my ex wife's name, my status in the states, where we married, my wife's DOB , step son's too, her parent's name, and few stuffs like that. Then the yes and no security questions. She did ask my wife how we met, why she wanted to stay in her current marriage , my dad's name, my country of birth, my highest level of education, major, and what gave her the impression that I'm not gonna mess her up to which she intelligently replied. We were approved on the spot!
                              That's my case fellas. It is finally over and I hope y'all could learn 1 thing or two and pray that it shall end in praise for y'all too. The struggle is real!!
                              Last edited by Herrlicher; 02-20-2019, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Interview Scheduled!

Just wanted to share that our interview has been scheduled! Wishing they included the interview date when they update your case status online. How long does it typically take to receive the interview notice in the mail?
                                I-485/ I-130 Mailed: July 30, 2018
                                USPS Receipt: August 1
                                Text/ Email confirmation: August 8
                                Checks Cashed: August 8
                                I-797C Received via mail: August 11
                                Biometics letter received: August 18
                                I-693 Courtesy Letter received: August 25
                                Biometrics Appointment: August 28
                                "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - August 29
                                "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" - September 19
                                "Interview Was Scheduled" - February 20, 2019

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X