No announcement yet.

August 2018 Filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my EAD/AP approved on 01/09 yay! Does anyone know about how long until I receive the approval letter and then card? 2 days and no updates in the system...

Also, weird question, but seeing the timelines for San Bernardino is making me wonder if we should move out that way (we're wanting to move out of LA anyway and if SB is moving quick, we could move there). Would my case just get inserted into the back of the line at the new field office (meaning we start over with the waiting)? Or do they take into account that you've already been waiting X amount of time? :/
    Same sex couple in Los Angeles, CA

08-09-18 - PD
    08-16-18 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation
    09-06-18 - Fingerprints appointment
    09-10-18 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview"
    01-09-19 - EAD/AP Case Was Approved
    01-11-19 - "Card Was Mailed To Me"
    01-15-19 - EAD card in hand
    04-05-19 - "Interview has been scheduled"
    05-21-19 - Interview! Approved on the spot.
    05-24-19 - "Card Was Mailed To Me"
    05-29-19 - Green card in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by mvega002 View Post
      Hmmm, I wonder if has something to do with the San Bernardino office doing this?

Anyway, I received my interview notice today! My appointment is set for 02/13/19 at 1:00pm. Getting nervous. Never received a work permit and by reading through some of these posts, it seems as if once you have an interview scheduled, they stop working on the work permit? I did get my DACA renewal approved yesterday so that gives me a little peace of mind though the card hasn't been created yet.
      How long did it take you to get your DACA renewed? Did it take less than 3 months? My Laywer is suggesting to renew my DACA since the EAD under adjustment of status is taking 5+months.
      My timeline below. Category:C9.

10/9 package sent
      10/11 package Recieved/ priority date
      10/17 Bio Fees accepted (notice from the App) checks were cashed
      10/22 received notices in the mail.
      11/01 Bio appt schedule notice received. 11/14
      11/9 I-693 Courtesy Letter received
      11/14 Bio Appt completed at the La Brea Los Angeles Office
      11/29 Fingerprints review was completed
      3/4 EAD card being produced
      3/9 EAD Card Recieved
      3/11 case is ready to be scheduled for interview

Comment

• A lot of August 2018 filers getting their EAD yayy!!!
        FO: San Francisco, CA
        08/24/18: PD
        10/26: Biometrics notice rcvd
        11/05: Bio appt
        11/02: Early walk in for Biometrics
        11/07: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
        11/27: Fingerprint Review was completed
        12/24: Filed for I-131/AP
        02/08/19: EAD Card is being produced
        02/08/19: AP approved

Comment

• Did any August filers that got an RFIE get their combo card yet? Would you mind sharing your timeline?
          PD: 8/3/2018
          NOA biometrics: 8/17/2018
          Biometrics: 8/31/2018
          Fingerprint review was completed: 9/4/2018
          RFIE received: 12/10/2018 ( date on the letter was 11/28/2018)
          RFIE mailed: 12/31/2018
          Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received: 1/3/2019
          Case is Ready to be scheduled for an interview: 1/17/2019
          EAD&AP Case was approved: 1/23/2019

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder if has something to do with the San Bernardino office doing this?

Anyway, I received my interview notice today! My appointment is set for 02/13/19 at 1:00pm. Getting nervous.
            It could be that whoever processes interview notices in San Bernardino indeed includes the C/O. I had not noticed that you were in San Bernardino too until you called it out :-)

Congrats on the interview and good luck!

I will post how the interview went for me afterwards. Mine is employment based and will be different, at least you would get a sense of the tension levels at the office.
            Employment based AOS (EB1C) - San Bernardino office(CA)

JUL - 2018 - applications for I-485, I-765 and I-131 concurrent filing
            AUG - 2018 - bio metrics complete
            DEC - 2018 - I-765 & I-131 approved
            DEC - 2018 - combo cards received
            DEC - 2018 - courtesy letter for missing I-693
            DEC - 2018 - social security cards received
            DEC - 2018 - interview for I-485 scheduled
            JAN - 2019 - interview & on the spot approval
            FEB - 2019 - I-485 approved
            FEB - 2019 - green cards in hand 😎

Comment

• Originally posted by Melleh View Post
              Also, weird question, but seeing the timelines for San Bernardino is making me wonder if we should move out that way (we're wanting to move out of LA anyway and if SB is moving quick, we could move there). Would my case just get inserted into the back of the line at the new field office (meaning we start over with the waiting)? Or do they take into account that you've already been waiting X amount of time? :/
              There is another post in the New York Filers thread where someone investigated if moving to San Diego would shorten the timeline. His conclusion was that it would help and I believe he is considering it.

I am not sure if it helps, but if you are planning to move anyway, it may be worth considering. I think they go by receipt date, and the receipt date should not change when you move address, they should simply reassign the case to a different field office.

That said, the timelines of the USCIS are a black hole and quite unpredictable.

Comment

Anyway, I received my interview notice today! My appointment is set for 02/13/19 at 1:00pm. Getting nervous. Never received a work permit and by reading through some of these posts, it seems as if once you have an interview scheduled, they stop working on the work permit? I did get my DACA renewal approved yesterday so that gives me a little peace of mind though the card hasn't been created yet.
                Congrats! SB office is really fast. Everybody around July- August is all scheduled for interview.
                And good luck on your interview. Mine is also same office field on feb 4th 👏
                Field Office at San Bernadino

PD at August 2nd
                Biometric appointment at August 28th
                Finger print review completed at August 29th
                Form I-485 is ready to schedule for interview at September 4th
                EAD card on hand at January 10th
                Interview was scheduled at Feb 4th 2019

Comment

• Hi everyone!

This forum and this thread has been super helpful for me and my mom throughout this process, so just wanted to share our timeline:

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-131, and I-485
                  Petitioner: US citizen (me)
                  Type: family-based application (for my mom)
                  Field Office - San Francisco, CA
                  08/20/18 - Priority Date
                  08/26/18 - 4 texts received and checks cashed
                  09/10/18 - Received biometrics NOA in mail
                  09/30/18 - Biometrics appt. completed

---Radio silence--- no updates on case status or any notices

01/11/19 - Green card in hand, as well as two notices for I-130 and I-485 approval

As you can see from the timeline, no interview was ever scheduled for my mom. The funny thing is that even after the biometrics appointment was completed, the case status was always stuck at "fingerprint fee received" and it never showed the message that "fingerprint review was completed". I'm guessing that they probably didn't need to interview since this was an application for my mom, which is a lot more straightforward when compared to marriage-based AOS. Probably helps that she was also approved for a fiancee visa 30 years ago (done by my dad).

Best of luck to everyone else who's still going through this process!

Comment

• I-765 New Card Being Produce

Hello everybody

I just got email in morning, Action taken on my case. when i Logged in to homeland security site and it says

My new card being Produced for I-765. Hopefully i will get my card in couple of weeks and i will start working. I am so Happy.
                    Married to USC
                    Norfolk Va Office.
                    PD: 08/10/2018
                    Fingerprint fees Received: 08/16/2018
                    Email/Text: 08/21/2018
                    RFE: 08/31/2018
                    NOA's: 09/03/2018
                    Bio Appointment: 09/05/2018 (Missed due to did not get Mail on time)
                    Bio appointment latter received: 09/06/2018
                    Bio Walk-in: 09/10/2018
                    Fingerprint review completed: 09/11/2018
                    requested for RFE remail: 09/17/2018
                    RFE Received: 10/12/2018
                    RFE received By USCIS: 10/17/2018
                    Case is Ready to be Schedule for an Interview: 10/23/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Norfolk2018_AOS View Post
                      Hello everybody

I just got email in morning, Action taken on my case. when i Logged in to homeland security site and it says

My new card being Produced for I-765. Hopefully i will get my card in couple of weeks and i will start working. I am so Happy.
                      Congrats!
                      4-18-18 PD
                      4-29-18 Finger Print fee was received
                      9-26-18 I-765 and I-131 Approved
                      10-02-18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (sent to Lawyer) Day 167
                      10-03-18 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Day 168
                      10-05-18 your case has been scheduled for a interview. Day 170
                      11-13-18 Interview
                      11-13-18 New card being produced
                      11-15-18 I130 and I485 Approved
                      11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

• Originally posted by huyhoangvn View Post
                        Just give you guys a quick update, my EAD/AP was approved today. I can’t be more happier. I was supposed to start the job on the 14th but told the company to wait a bit longer. They even set up a call to an immigration attorney to find out what they can do to help me. It happens after 1 month and 2 days after I put in a request for expedition. But I think my case was approved on regular basis because my PD is 08/01/2018, and there’s no adjudication of the expedition request. It is moving, slowly, but moving.
                        And I just want to make a point that an RFIE won’t reset the clock. I submitted the response to the RFIE on 12/04, if the clock was to be reset, I would have waited for much longer.
                        My card was mailed two days after approval. Damn that's quick! Happy time for us, August filers.
                        AOS C9, Houston TX

PD: 08/01
                        Fingerprinted: 08/17
                        RFIE sent: 11/07
                        Responsed to RFIE received: 12/04
                        Request for expedition on I765: 12/07
                        Evidence faxed: 12/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Melleh View Post
                          It's hard not to have that same thought! The good news (in my opinion anyways) is that the San Bernadino processing time (https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/) is showing 7.5 months. August filers interviewing in February is closer to 6 months. Hoping that means my field office will process quicker than what is shown also!
                          I-485/ I-130 Mailed: July 30, 2018
                          USPS Receipt: August 1
                          Text/ Email confirmation: August 8
                          Checks Cashed: August 8
                          I-797C Received via mail: August 11
                          Biometics letter received: August 18
                          I-693 Courtesy Letter received: August 25
                          Biometrics Appointment: August 28
                          "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - August 29
                          "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" - September 19
                          "Interview Was Scheduled" - February 20, 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamBig13 View Post
                            How long did it take you to get your DACA renewed? Did it take less than 3 months? My Laywer is suggesting to renew my DACA since the EAD under adjustment of status is taking 5+months.
                            It was very fast. I submitted my renewal package in mid December (I took a long time to decide to renew because I was unsure if I wanted to spend the money to renew while I had submitted my adjustment case) and my DACA renewal approval just came in on the 10th of this month, however, the card hasn't been produced yet and my current EAD expires on the 24th of this month. I believe they're processing DACA renewals quickly since they don't have any new cases coming in right now, only renewals. It was worth the peace of mind for me to renew and to receive the EAD that way, not knowing how long it was going to take before our interview.
                            Case and biometrics fee was received by USCIS: 08/24/2018
                            Bio appointment received scheduled for 11/07: 10/27/18
                            Biometrics taken: 11/07/18
                            Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview: 11/21/18
                            Fingerprint Review was completed: 11/27/2018
                            Interview was scheduled: 01/03/19
                            Interview scheduled for 02/13/19
                            I-765 Case Approved Update: 01/24/19
                            Card was mailed out: 01/25/19

Comment

• Originally posted by Norfolk2018_AOS View Post
                              Hello everybody

You will get it within 10 days. Sign up for informed delivery so you can keep an eye out.
                              Congratulations!!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by NYFilingforHusband View Post
                              It's hard not to have that same thought! The good news (in my opinion anyways) is that the San Bernadino processing time (https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/) is showing 7.5 months. August filers interviewing in February is closer to 6 months. Hoping that means my field office will process quicker than what is shown also!
                              Correct. I filed end of July and my interview is end of January, exactly 6 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by BluePanther View Post
                                It could be that whoever processes interview notices in San Bernardino indeed includes the C/O. I had not noticed that you were in San Bernardino too until you called it out :-)

Congrats on the interview and good luck!

I will post how the interview went for me afterwards. Mine is employment based and will be different, at least you would get a sense of the tension levels at the office.
                                Yes, please! That would be very helpful! Best of luck to you!

I'll just mention it to my lawyer because I don't want it to be an issue since mine is marriage based. Don't want them to think that it's my mom that lives at this address. lol
                                Case and biometrics fee was received by USCIS: 08/24/2018
                                Bio appointment received scheduled for 11/07: 10/27/18
                                Biometrics taken: 11/07/18
                                Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview: 11/21/18
                                Fingerprint Review was completed: 11/27/2018
                                Interview was scheduled: 01/03/19
                                Interview scheduled for 02/13/19
                                I-765 Case Approved Update: 01/24/19
                                Card was mailed out: 01/25/19

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X