No announcement yet.

Seattle filers ,let's gather here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle filer here. I filed my I-485 in December 2019 and my case changed to "ready to be scheduled for an interview" in March 2020 just a few days before everything shutdown.

I actually spoke to someone at USCIS who advised me that interviews are happening in Seattle and it's just a matter of any day now, fingers crossed it will be soon.

Comment

• Any recent movement for any Seattle filers? TIA

Comment

• Anyone have any updates? I'm still waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by pbooth20 View Post
          Anyone have any updates? I'm still waiting.
          I was an April 2019 filer and had my interview in March of this year. Had to submit a new medical form which delayed my getting approved on the day and getting the card immediately, but I have it now finally. 10 year because we were past our 2 year anniversary.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBloomies View Post

I was an April 2019 filer and had my interview in March of this year. Had to submit a new medical form which delayed my getting approved on the day and getting the card immediately, but I have it now finally. 10 year because we were past our 2 year anniversary.
            That's awesome to hear! Gives me a better time frame to work off. I filed in December 2019 so I would expect my interview to be towards the end of this year, start of next year.

Comment

• Finally got my interview letter yesterday after almost 2 years since application was received!!!! Although I received text updates last Thursday. Interestingly my interview date is 2 days before our 2 years marriage anniversary so we’ll see how that turns out….

Don’t give up hope - just let them do what they do and keep yourself occupied!
              City: Seattle, WA
              Service Center : NBC
              AOS through marriage from H1B - Concurrent Filing for I-485, I-130, I-765

8/8/2019 Package Sent
              8/12/2019 Package Delivered
              8/18/2019 Received NOA texts
              9/10/2019 Biometrics Appt
              9/12/2019 Status updated online to Biometrics Completed
              10/10/2019 I485 update : Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
              12/3/2019 EAD update : Case was approved
              12/7/2019 EAD update : Received EAD in mail

Comment

• Hello Seattle Filers! I have a very important question about Form I-693 (Medical Exam/Vaccination Form)

We FINALLY got our green card interview (AOS from B2, married to Citizen) which will be on Sept 22, 2021. We waited for almost 2 years. Our Received Date is Sept 30, 2019.

Now here is what's confusing me. I submitted my Form 1-693 with our AOS package in 2019 and now I'm not sure if I should get a new sealed Form I-693 from my doctor to present at the interview. Can someone please explain the extension of Form I-693's validity from 2 years to 4 years because of Covid delays? I don't exactly understand bullet #3

"Release Date 08/12/2021

Beginning Aug. 12, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is temporarily extending the validity period for Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, from two years to now four years due to COVID-19-related delays in processing.

USCIS may consider a completed Form I-693 as valid if:
                Looking forward to hearing from ya'll

Thank you!

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Isla_miles04 View Post
                  Hello Seattle Filers! I have a very important question about Form I-693 (Medical Exam/Vaccination Form)

We FINALLY got our green card interview (AOS from B2, married to Citizen) which will be on Sept 22, 2021. We waited for almost 2 years. Our Received Date is Sept 30, 2019.

Now here is what's confusing me. I submitted my Form 1-693 with our AOS package in 2019 and now I'm not sure if I should get a new sealed Form I-693 from my doctor to present at the interview. Can someone please explain the extension of Form I-693's validity from 2 years to 4 years because of Covid delays? I don't exactly understand bullet #3

"Release Date 08/12/2021

Beginning Aug. 12, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is temporarily extending the validity period for Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, from two years to now four years due to COVID-19-related delays in processing.

USCIS may consider a completed Form I-693 as valid if:
                  Looking forward to hearing from ya'll

Thank you!
                  Let's say that you did your medical in August 2019, normally it lasts 2 years so that will be expired, with the extension to 4 years your medical is still valid and will be valid until September 30 if you get approved by that date.

In other words, your medical is still valid for your September 22 interview. If the officer approves the case that day or up to 8 days later, then your medical is valid. I guess if the officer delays the approval after September 30, and there is no new extension, then they will need to send an RFE for new medicals in October so they can approve your case.
                  Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                  Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                  Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                  ---
                  All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

Let's say that you did your medical in August 2019, normally it lasts 2 years so that will be expired, with the extension to 4 years your medical is still valid and will be valid until September 30 if you get approved by that date.

In other words, your medical is still valid for your September 22 interview. If the officer approves the case that day or up to 8 days later, then your medical is valid. I guess if the officer delays the approval after September 30, and there is no new extension, then they will need to send an RFE for new medicals in October so they can approve your case.
                    Thank you so much! I appreciate your reply! Do you recommend that I get a new medical exam just to be sure?

Comment

Thank you so much! I appreciate your reply! Do you recommend that I get a new medical exam just to be sure?
                      Is hard for me to recommend something in this case. I think is a personal decision. I don't like to pay for something that I might no need, so if I were you I will just go to the appointment and talk to the officer if there is any concern about the medical exam. The medical exam is not cheap where I live ($450-$650) so I would prefer not to do it unless the officer insists I need to do a new one.

In our case (family of 3) we received a second RFE for medical exams 5 months before the 2-year mark. The RFE said that the forms expired. We don't know why they said they expired before the valid period of 2 years.
                      ---
                      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Is hard for me to recommend something in this case. I think is a personal decision. I don't like to pay for something that I might no need, so if I were you I will just go to the appointment and talk to the officer if there is any concern about the medical exam. The medical exam is not cheap where I live ($450-$650) so I would prefer not to do it unless the officer insists I need to do a new one.

In our case (family of 3) we received a second RFE for medical exams 5 months before the 2-year mark. The RFE said that the forms expired. We don't know why they said they expired before the valid period of 2 years.
                        Exactly! The medical exam is not cheap. I got mine last August 8, 2019 so I'm covered by the extension but you never know. Is there a way to contact USCIS and ask about this?

Comment

Exactly! The medical exam is not cheap. I got mine last August 8, 2019 so I'm covered by the extension but you never know. Is there a way to contact USCIS and ask about this?
                          The extension is clear, your medical is valid until September 30, 2021. If you contact USCIS about this they will say the same, that it is valid.
                          It is up to the interviewing officer to approve it in time to still be valid. Good luck.
                          ---

Comment

The extension is clear, your medical is valid until September 30, 2021. If you contact USCIS about this they will say the same, that it is valid.
                            It is up to the interviewing officer to approve it in time to still be valid. Good luck.
                            Yes, thank you so much! You have been so helpful and generous with your answers. Appreciate it! I'll keep you posted. So nervous because I don't like interviews in general hehe. But we waited for 2 years so I just want everything to go without a hitch!

Comment

I have another question, in the interview letter what does this mean: "All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status. This includes, but is not limited to, proof of status as an asylee, refugee, or a fiancé nonimmigrant"

It reads a little vague to me and I'm not even sure if this is applicable to my situation. I'm adjusting status from B2.

Comment

I have another question, in the interview letter what does this mean: "All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status. This includes, but is not limited to, proof of status as an asylee, refugee, or a fiancé nonimmigrant"

It reads a little vague to me and I'm not even sure if this is applicable to my situation. I'm adjusting status from B2.
                                The letter is general (used for many types of cases). Basically what it means is, bring all the originals that you used to file your case and any new(er) documents you may have, like: newer bank statements, IRS documents, loan documents, other documents with your spouse if FB or work-related if EB, that will convince the interviewer your marriage/work is real and will have no doubts to approve the GC.
                                ---

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X