Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the current processing time in National Benefits Cetner for AOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the current processing time in National Benefits Cetner for AOS?

Hi, AOS filed in February 2018. EAD received in May but no word on the interview. Just notice that case was transferred to National Benefits Center in May.

Originally posted by ndanilova79 View Post
    Hi, AOS filed in February 2018. EAD received in May but no word on the interview. Just notice that case was transferred to National Benefits Center in May.
    Is it based on marriage to a US citizen? How soon your interview is scheduled depends entirely upon your field office. Your zip code determines your jurisdiction; i.e., Field Office. Find it here https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-.../field-offices

Then you can look up the processing time of your field office for the I-485 here. https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      Is it based on marriage to a US citizen? How soon your interview is scheduled depends entirely upon your field office. Your zip code determines your jurisdiction; i.e., Field Office. Find it here https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-.../field-offices

Then you can look up the processing time of your field office for the I-485 here. https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

My field office is Phoenix, AZ . I'm waiting for my AOS and I also filed in February 2018. I am a parent of a USC.
      I was wondering, can I change my field office? It looks like Tucson, AZ isnt taking as long.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMC18 View Post
        My field office is Phoenix, AZ . I'm waiting for my AOS and I also filed in February 2018. I am a parent of a USC.
        I was wondering, can I change my field office? It looks like Tucson, AZ isnt taking as long.
        Often times, USCIS will waive AOS interviews for the parent of a US citizen. My mother got her green card in the mail in just under 6 months. That was in 2005 though. Things were different, then.
        If you filed a solid affidavit of support, and clear evidence that you're the parent of a US citizen, then the interview will likely be waived.

Your residential zip code determines your jurisdiction. This means that to change your jurisdiction, your residence has to change too

Comment

My AOS is based on EB2- special skills, not marriage. I know they started interviewing people in this category recently but hoping that maybe interview will be waived.

Comment

My AOS is based on EB2- special skills, not marriage. I know they started interviewing people in this category recently but hoping that maybe interview will be waived.
            I would just prep for the interview. I have not read of any employment based AOS interviews being waived recently. According to USCIS, they're interviewing everyone who filed on or after 10-01-17

Comment

udpate: February filiers- interview scheduled

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
              I would just prep for the interview. I have not read of any employment based AOS interviews being waived recently. According to USCIS, they're interviewing everyone who filed on or after 10-01-17
              I wanted to give an update to all February 2018 filers. My case was transferred to NBC and i just received an interview notice for November. My local office is DC/VA. Hope this helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X