Rfe on i-864

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rfe on i-864

I applied for my father's greencard and got and rfe on i-864,i work as a project manager for a fortune 500 company and attached my last 3 years tax returns/bank statements and pay slips. My rfe says "i-864 no longer valid,in order to process you will need to submit:
    - completed and signed i-864. Affidavit of support(revision date 03/06/2018) from petioner/sponsor.all pages must be present
    -copy of tax return for most recent year
    -copy of tax docs(w2,1099,)
    My question is should i just re-fill i-864 and re-send all my docs again? I am confused why did i get the query in the first place? Thanks in advance.

Did you check the expiration date on the form I864 you submitted? Sounds like you might have used an old one.
    Marriage based AOS

Concurrent filing for I 130, I 485 and I 765
    Florida

09/19/18; PD
    09/26/18; checks cashed, USCIS text received
    10/01/18; NOAs received
    10/19/18; Biometrics letter
    10/22/18; Biometrics (early walk-in)
    10/24/18; Interview Scheduled (Notice)
    10/29/18; Interview Scheduled (Mail received)
    11/28/18; The Interview, approval on spot
    12/06/18; GC in hand

Comment

Originally posted by meghamal View Post
      I applied for my father's greencard and got and rfe on i-864,i work as a project manager for a fortune 500 company and attached my last 3 years tax returns/bank statements and pay slips. My rfe says "i-864 no longer valid,in order to process you will need to submit:
      - completed and signed i-864. Affidavit of support(revision date 03/06/2018) from petioner/sponsor.all pages must be present
      -copy of tax return for most recent year
      -copy of tax docs(w2,1099,)
      My question is should i just re-fill i-864 and re-send all my docs again? I am confused why did i get the query in the first place? Thanks in advance.
      There are 2 dates you have to pay attention to:
      1. Edition date: bottom left corner 03-06-2018
      2. Expiration date: top right corner 03-31-2020

I would refile it and include all the docs again. Make sure you follow the directions on the RFE, and make a copy of it for your records. Use Fedex or UPS. People have had way too many issues with USPS.

Petitions with a solid I-864 usually get the interview waived. I would not be surprised if your father got his green card in the mail.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X