Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my marriage valid? Scam annulment?

We desperately need your help 😥😥

My husband asked me to marry him. Although I was on a tourist visa he said he loved me and was willing to petition and support me. So I did marry him in America.

He believed he was single but apparently was not.

The story is he was taken advantage by a woman he married in the Philippines before. Even though he was a battered husband he was accused of psychologically abusing that woman. He was detained at the embassy. He had to give an enormous amount of money in the condition that the case against him would be dismissed and for an annulment to be processed.

After signing the hand over of cash at the embassy he was deported back to America. He was banned from coming back to the Philippines. Apparently the woman has relatives and friends in the government.

Now we found out that my husband was scammed of an annulment. It wasn't processed at all.

We're worried that my marriage to him is void. He's stressed because he can't go back to the Philippines to fix this.

What should we do?

We really need your help please
    kenma :-D

Originally posted by kenma View Post
    We desperately need your help ����

My husband asked me to marry him. Although I was on a tourist visa he said he loved me and was willing to petition and support me. So I did marry him in America.

The story is he was taken advantage by a woman he married in the Philippines before. Even though he was a battered husband he was accused of psychologically abusing that woman. He was detained at the embassy. He had to give an enormous amount of money in the condition that the case against him would be dismissed and for an annulment to be processed.

After signing the hand over of cash at the embassy he was deported back to America. He was banned from coming back to the Philippines. Apparently the woman has relatives and friends in the government.

Now we found out that my husband was scammed of an annulment. It wasn't processed at all.

We're worried that my marriage to him is void. He's stressed because he can't go back to the Philippines to fix this.

What should we do?

If he is not divorced or his previous marriage was not voided, he is officially still married and committed bigamy by marrying you. He is in deep legal trouble and I would very strongly advise talking to a lawyer ASAP. Your husband is bigamous. Also, you can't file any Adjustment of Status paperwork for you because he can't sponsor you. Your marriage is void. In the AoS paperwork, he has to disclose and attach proof of his previously terminated marriages. If you wish to continue living with this man (I don't mean to pry in your personal life, but with a history of abuse towards women, I would reconsider), he has to get his first marriage annulled first, and then (re)marry you. Good luck!
    RoC (I-751) Application, filed from Houston TX
    10/24/2021 - USPS delivered the package in AZ
    10/27/2021 - Text from USCIS with receipt number, check cashed. Assigned to the Texas Processing Center

INITIAL AOS from F-1, married to USC, filed in Seattle WA

09/24/2018 - Package delivered to PO Box (PD)
    10/22 - Early bio walk-in
    11/15 - New card is being produced (I-765)
    11/26 - EAD combo & SS card
    01/13/2020 - Interview
    01/23/2020 - Case Approved, Card Mailed.

Comment

What should we do?

You should contact a lawyer, it's a very delicate situation.
      C9 NY

* 10/25/18 - PD
      * 10/31/18 - Credit Card charged for both i-130 and i-485
      * 11/01/18 - 4 text messreceived
      * 11/06/18 - 4 NoAs in mailbox
      * 11/10/18 - Biometrics notification in the mail
      * 11/21/18 - Biometrics Appointment
      * 12/05/18 - "Fingerprint Review was Completed" i-485 and i-765
      * 02/27/19 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" i-485
      * 02/28/19 - Received the i-693 Courtesy Letter
      * 05/20/19 - 2 NoAs for i-765 and i-131 in mailbox
      * 05/22/19 - Combo Card in hand

Comment

Originally posted by nycfiler3 View Post
        You should contact a lawyer, it's a very delicate situation.
        I agree with Nycfiler3. All the best
        C9 Spouse of USC
        NYC Filer
        04/13/18 - PD
        05/04/18 - Bio notice
        05/23/18 - Bio completed
        09/18/18 - RFIE mailed
        09/22/18 - RFIE Rcv'd
        10/09/18 - Responded to RFIE
        10/10/18 - USCIS Received RFIE
        10/12/18 - Text & email Update from dhs rcv'd response to RFIE
        10/12/18 - Submitted a SR form I-765
        10/25/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
        11/14/18 - Submitted 2nd SR for form I-765
        11/26/18 - NOA for I765
        11/30/18 - Rcv'd SS card
        12/06/18 - Rcv'd EAD

Comment

What should we do?

Try to reach out to the office of Michael Gurfinkel: https://www.gurfinkel.com/about/. Your case needs a miracle worker, but there is always hope. If I understand correctly the screenshot below, your USC husband can divorce his ex-wife even if he's here in the US and the ex is in the Philippines (where divorce is not recognized).

"U.S. immigration law is clear that if a divorce is valid and recognized where it was obtained (USA), it will be recognized for immigration purposes." So, if your USC spouse obtains a valid U.S. divorce, it will be recognized by USCIS, and with that divorce, he could re-marry you.
          Attached Files
          Marriage; Concurrent
          11.22.2017: PD
          12.04.2017: 4 NOAs in mail
          12.28.2017: Bio Appmt
          04.23.2018: RFE in Mail
          06.29.2018: RFE Response Sent
          07.02.2018: RFE Response Rcvd
          07.21.2018: I-693 Courtesy Ltr
          07.26.2018: "Interview scheduled"
          08.02.2018: Interview Notice in mail
          08.31.2018: INTERVIEW/Approval