Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow! Processing time in SF is ridiculously long!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Processing time in SF is ridiculously long!

When I filed back in March, processing time in SF was about 9-16months.
    Now it?s 17-32 months. This is so frustrating! I?ve noticed all centers have been backed up for months.
    What could be the reason behind this?
    B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
    FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
    4/20/18 Received 4 letters
    5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
    5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
    9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
    9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
    9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
    9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
    9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
    2/17/19 Traveled abroad
    3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
    3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

psshh

join the club!
    Applications: I-102, I-485 and I-130

PD: 7/24/17
    Biometrics: 9/2/17
    We are scheduling your interview: 9/5/17 (then updated to March/15/18)
    EAD: October 2017
    I-102 approved on: 7/25/18
    EAD renewal and Advance Parole package received - 12/01/18
    EAD renewal being worked on - 12/05/18
    Interview scheduled notification received! - 2/6/19
    Interview - 3/26/19

Comment

Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
      Now it?s 17-32 months. This is so frustrating! I?ve noticed all centers have been backed up for months.
      ☹️☹️ my FO is San Francisco as well

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by igorr View Post
      join the club!
      Is SF your field office?
      FO: San Francisco, CA
      08/24/18: PD
      10/26: Biometrics notice rcvd
      11/05: Bio appt
      11/02: Early walk in for Biometrics
      11/07: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
      11/27: Fingerprint Review was completed
      12/24: Filed for I-131/AP
      02/08/19: EAD Card is being produced
      02/08/19: AP approved

Comment

Remember that system glitch earlier this year? People getting green cards in 90 days even though there were 2017 cases still waiting for interview? Well... THIS is a consequence of THAT.

Comment

So painfully delayed

I was JUST going to make a post about this! My FO is also SF and I just checked the processing times last night and was dismayed to see that now the case inquiry date is FEBRUARY 2016! It went backward from when I first checked from October 2016, to May 2016, and now February 2016! SIGHHHHH..... it?s looking like the interview wait will be 2+ years. WTF.... SO FRUSTRATING. The only plus is when I apply for citizenship 3 years from whenever the hell it is I get my GC, it won?t be the Tangerine in office, and his grotesque signature won?t be on the cert.

- - - Updated - - -

So are those wait times really that long? Meaning, does the case inquiry date equal the actual wait time for everyone?

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
          Remember that system glitch earlier this year? People getting green cards in 90 days even though there were 2017 cases still waiting for interview? Well... THIS is a consequence of THAT.
          DACA approved: 12/2014
          I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 apps. sent: 6/28/2018
          NOA receipt notices received: 7/13/2018
          I-485- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview.: 8/1/2018
          I-765/I-131- Card received.: 10/26/2018
          11/5/19- INTERVIEW SCHEDULED/NOTICE LETTER RECEIVED!
          12/9/19- Interview/approval on same day/card being produced.
          12/12/19- (email) GC being mailed to me notice received.
          12/13/19- (email) USPS picked up card in mail.
          12/14/19- GC delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by keldreams View Post
            I was JUST going to make a post about this! My FO is also SF and I just checked the processing times last night and was dismayed to see that now the case inquiry date is FEBRUARY 2016! It went backward from when I first checked from October 2016, to May 2016, and now February 2016! SIGHHHHH..... it?s looking like the interview wait will be 2+ years. WTF.... SO FRUSTRATING. The only plus is when I apply for citizenship 3 years from whenever the hell it is I get my GC, it won?t be the Tangerine in office, and his grotesque signature won?t be on the cert.

- - - Updated - - -

So are those wait times really that long? Meaning, does the case inquiry date equal the actual wait time for everyone?
            LOL the tangerine's signature. I just about choked on an ice cube.

It's hard to say. Here's something that USCIS has not talked about. Before, the processing times were given as the date of the last case processed. SOOOOOO let's say that is 08-15-2018. OK, then officers who are selecting cases for interview from the "Ready for interview" pool would know that if they select a case with filed on 01-01-2019, then they have to put it back because clearly you're skipping September, October, November and December... RIGHT???

Well, now with these brilliant processing times, officers do not have a point of reference anymore. They're still selecting randomly from the same pool BUT now they do not have that PD of 08-15-2018 to tell them that right now we are working on 08-15-2018. See that?

Their system is very manual. Getting selected for interview is very much luck of the draw. The system glitch did not help. Lucky those who got it BUT it was at the expense of a lot of people.

Minneapolis jumped to 16 to 33.5 months. On the upside, we will likely make it to the interview on or after our 2 year anniversary. Hopefully, we won't have to deal with removal of conditions.

Comment

The Atlanta FO has ridiculous processing times but I got my interview schedule almost exactly 1 year after I sent my app.

Comment

Thank you for your insight! It?s always really helpful! I?ve been reading on here about people receiving their interview dates! Some of which you?ve also responded to The wait seems so excruciating for the SF FO that I almost wish the case selection was at random... seems like the odds would be more on my favor. I guess I?m so anxious to just get that date so I can plan other things in my life... I?m really hoping I won?t need to renew my EAD/AP card and also redo my medical exam but it seems like I?ll have to do both..... argh.

And yes... he is a rancid canned tangerine.

LOL the tangerine's signature. I just about choked on an ice cube.

It's hard to say. Here's something that USCIS has not talked about. Before, the processing times were given as the date of the last case processed. SOOOOOO let's say that is 08-15-2018. OK, then officers who are selecting cases for interview from the "Ready for interview" pool would know that if they select a case with filed on 01-01-2019, then they have to put it back because clearly you're skipping September, October, November and December... RIGHT???

Well, now with these brilliant processing times, officers do not have a point of reference anymore. They're still selecting randomly from the same pool BUT now they do not have that PD of 08-15-2018 to tell them that right now we are working on 08-15-2018. See that?

Their system is very manual. Getting selected for interview is very much luck of the draw. The system glitch did not help. Lucky those who got it BUT it was at the expense of a lot of people.

Minneapolis jumped to 16 to 33.5 months. On the upside, we will likely make it to the interview on or after our 2 year anniversary. Hopefully, we won't have to deal with removal of conditions.
                DACA approved: 12/2014
                I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 apps. sent: 6/28/2018
                NOA receipt notices received: 7/13/2018
                I-485- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview.: 8/1/2018
                I-765/I-131- Card received.: 10/26/2018
                11/5/19- INTERVIEW SCHEDULED/NOTICE LETTER RECEIVED!
                12/9/19- Interview/approval on same day/card being produced.
                12/12/19- (email) GC being mailed to me notice received.
                12/13/19- (email) USPS picked up card in mail.
                12/14/19- GC delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by keldreams View Post
                  Thank you for your insight! It?s always really helpful! I?ve been reading on here about people receiving their interview dates! Some of which you?ve also responded to The wait seems so excruciating for the SF FO that I almost wish the case selection was at random... seems like the odds would be more on my favor. I guess I?m so anxious to just get that date so I can plan other things in my life... I?m really hoping I won?t need to renew my EAD/AP card and also redo my medical exam but it seems like I?ll have to do both..... argh.

And yes... he is a rancid canned tangerine.
                  I?m just gona automatically renew my ead card just to be safe. It?s ridiculous how it?s taking forever.
                  In a good note, my 2nd anniv will be up by then, and that would be a 10yr gc for me.
                  B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
                  FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
                  4/20/18 Received 4 letters
                  5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
                  5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
                  9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
                  9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
                  9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
                  9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
                  9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
                  2/17/19 Traveled abroad
                  3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
                  3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

Any news SF folks ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Angie_CA View Post
                      Any news SF folks ?!
                      Found this on the "Share Experiences" section https://www.immihelp.com/experience/....html#comments

07-14-17 - Priority Date
                      12-19-18 - Interview at San Francisco Field Office.

Here is another one. https://www.immihelp.com/experience/....html#comments
                      user hkpg
                      07-25-17 - Priority Date
                      12-20-18 - "Interview Scheduled" Notification

user artistinSF

07-24-17 - Priority Date
                      12-20-18 - "Interview Scheduled" Notification
                      Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 12-23-2018, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Still waiting

Looks like SF office is interviewing July, 2017 PD .... it probably is the slowest office. God knows why. Even LA, Chicago and NY seems to be processing Dec 2017 filers.

I am still waiting for mine. PD Oct 01 2017, case status says "Ready to be scheduled for interview" .... at this speed and rate will be May 2019 best case

Comment

Originally posted by indianchi View Post
                          Looks like SF office is interviewing July, 2017 PD .... it probably is the slowest office. God knows why. Even LA, Chicago and NY seems to be processing Dec 2017 filers.

I am still waiting for mine. PD Oct 01 2017, case status says "Ready to be scheduled for interview" .... at this speed and rate will be May 2019 best case
                          The San Francisco Field Office was one of many field offices to experience a system glitch that affected the order in which USCIS scheduled interviews earlier this year.

The system stopped scheduling interviews for family based AOS cases filed in 2017; and instead, it started scheduling cases filed in 2018. Furthermore, it scheduled interviews for these family-based AOS interviews as employment-based interviews.

Folks were getting green cards within 90 days. This went on for a good 6 months. It really threw off the processing times for all the offices affected.

As you might imagine, those field offices are now catching up with cases filed in 2017.

So there you have it. The USCIS Circus - in a nutshell.

Comment

The San Francisco Field Office was one of many field offices to experience a system glitch that affected the order in which USCIS scheduled interviews earlier this year.

The system stopped scheduling interviews for family based AOS cases filed in 2017; and instead, it started scheduling cases filed in 2018. Furthermore, it scheduled interviews for these family-based AOS interviews as employment-based interviews.

Folks were getting green cards within 90 days. This went on for a good 6 months. It really threw off the processing times for all the offices affected.

As you might imagine, those field offices are now catching up with cases filed in 2017.

So there you have it. The USCIS Circus - in a nutshell.
                            Praying for a miracle!

Comment

Originally posted by Angie_CA View Post
                              Praying for a miracle!
                              Some field offices are already either limiting or eliminating Infopass appointments altogether. I think that will eventually help decrease processing times. I have read of people making Infopass appointments to change their address. *Go figure*.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X