Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018/2019 Marriage GC APPROVED (3.5 Month Processing Time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018/2019 Marriage GC APPROVED (3.5 Month Processing Time)

F1 to Green Card (I-485)

11/16/18- PD
    11/16/18- finger print fee was received
    12/5/18- RFE was mailed
    12/18/18- Response to RFE was received
    12/28/18- Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
    1/1/19- Interview was scheduled
    2/5/19- Interview was completed and case must be reviewed
    2/5/19- New card is being produced

This forum has been tremendously helpful for gauging timelines and obtaining information regarding issues that other people may have faced, so I wanted to share my timeline to hopefully help other people in similar situations.

My case was fairly straight forward (Canadian student, bona fide marriage, long-time cohabitation, clean record, first marriage, no children, no employment, spouse employed, no attorney), and since I'm filing out of Kansas City, I anticipated that it would be processed a lot faster than the 12-20 month period indicated on USCIS website. I was desperate to search and find that other people had their applications approved in a short period of time because I have an international trip coming up tomorrow (2 days after the interview!).

Fortunately, my anticipation had turned out to be true, and I am so thankful to have received the interview yesterday (totally stress-free) and receive the I-551 (temporary green card stamp in passport), allowing me to travel tomorrow without an advanced parole (which was never issued, even though I applied for one).

Please let me know if you have any questions; I would love to help in any way that I can. I wish everyone the BEST LUCK in this process!

Congrats.

At the end you said you applied for AP, so you filed I-485, I-765 and I-131 together? At first I was thinking that maybe you just filed I-485 and that's why you got very fast results.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by kcmofiler View Post
      F1 to Green Card (I-485)

11/16/18- PD
      12/5/18- RFE was mailed

This forum has been tremendously helpful for gauging timelines and obtaining information regarding issues that other people may have faced, so I wanted to share my timeline to hopefully help other people in similar situations.

My case was fairly straight forward (Canadian student, bona fide marriage, long-time cohabitation, clean record, first marriage, no children, no employment, spouse employed, no attorney), and since I'm filing out of Kansas City, I anticipated that it would be processed a lot faster than the 12-20 month period indicated on USCIS website. I was desperate to search and find that other people had their applications approved in a short period of time because I have an international trip coming up tomorrow (2 days after the interview!).

Fortunately, my anticipation had turned out to be true, and I am so thankful to have received the interview yesterday (totally stress-free) and receive the I-551 (temporary green card stamp in passport), allowing me to travel tomorrow without an advanced parole (which was never issued, even though I applied for one).

Please let me know if you have any questions; I would love to help in any way that I can. I wish everyone the BEST LUCK in this process!
      Congrats! This is the fastest I have heard.

Did you reach out to USCIS during the wait? Or it?s just KC being very efficient?

Comment

Originally posted by kcmofiler View Post
        F1 to Green Card (I-485)

11/16/18- PD
        12/5/18- RFE was mailed

Hi, thanks for the information you have shared! How long did it take since the moment the status changed on line to "interview was scheduled" until you received the letter with the details of the interview?? To me it has been 7 days but I still dont receive the letter and they are not giving me any information in the phone. thanks!

Comment

Congrats, that's amazing! I've got a very similar background - Canadian F1 married to a USC. Glad it all worked out!

Comment

How did you approach the officer about your trip? did you tell him you have a trip coming up or your ticket? I have my interview in may and i have a mission trip in june. i have all the registration for the trip im planning on going with it.
            TPS holder. Married LPR 11/14/14/USC 8/19/17
            Child 1/2016
            Feb 19 2018:PD just I-130 I765 crooked lawyer did not file concurrently. My medical is sitting here + my IRS transcripts.
            Feb 23:RFIE (I130A) long story
            May 23: RFIE received.
            Aug 20: lawyer called to pick up bio paper. Shocked.
            Aug 8:PD I485 according to the form
            Aug21: Bio done walkin (scheduled gor Aug 27)
            Aug 22: RFIE mailed
            Aug 23:RFIE mailed
            8/27:RFIE received for I864&original birth certificate

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X