Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working for Different Employer who has filed for GC

Hi Guru's,

My GC was filed in 2003 and labor got approved last year and has filed for I-140. I am working for different company who has filed for my GC and that company is fine with it and is continuing with my GC process. . I am planning to file for my I-485 since every think is current I have couple of Question

1. My H1 with the current compnay I am working with is getting expired in December 2007, will this company will be able to extend my H1 after I file for I-485 or will I have to move back to the company who is doing my GC ?

2. What happens to my H1 status once I file for I-485 ?

3. Is it advicable to wait for I-140 to get approved and then file for I-485. Since after I get I-140 I can get 3 yrs of extension which I can use to get my Visa stamp and then file for I-485.

Thanks,
    MG

1. Your current company can get H1 extension.

2. Your H1 continues as long as you are working for your H1 sponsor and dont start working part time.

3. If you want to wait for I-140 approval you might get caught up in retrogression, choice is yours.

Comment

Thanks a Lot for replying.

Will I be able to get my Visa Stampped on my passport after my current employer extends my H1 ?

Will there be any problem in my GC since I am not working with the employer who has filed for my GC ?

Manu

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X