Travel on AP - Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel on AP - Confusion

I hold an EAD and an Advance Parole document through my green card application, which I received in October 07. I am currently on H1B and my H1B transfer from company A to B is still pending at the USCIS. I am planning to undertake a travel outside the USA next year and may be using the advance parole document to re-enter the USA. I have the following questions regarding the use of an AP document:

1) If I use my AP document, will it invalidate my H1B visa? What I understood from hearsay is that one could still continue working on H1B with the same employer, but future H1B extensions and transfers will not be possible. My H1B petition would still remain valid till the time of its validity. Is this information valid? Can I work on my EAD, if this will be the safest option to do so in the event I want to use my AP?

2) If I use my EAD now, while my H1B transfer application is pending at USCIS, will there be any issues?

3) Can I travel on AP when my H1B is pending?

4) Can I travel outside USA when I have not received FP notification? I have AP though.

PS: I AM A DERIVATIVE APPLICANT and my husband is the primary applicant of our Green Card Case.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ganjamachu; 12-05-2007, 07:02 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X