General AOS Advice: My experience with USPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General AOS Advice: My experience with USPS

If time is of concern to you - I highly recommend you use UPS or FedEx because USCIS guarantees a response within 10 days. Whereas if you use USPS, they make you wait 15-30 days to submit an inquiry if you don't receive notifications. I wish I had known - I used USPS because it was cheaper and was going to arrive very quickly anyway (mailed Saturday, arrived Monday). But I didn't realize that if for some reason anything went wrong, they would make me wait 15 days before looking into where my application went. Thankfully they were very helpful and kind whenever I called and it seems they eventually found my application but I wish I had used UPS. I did a lot of research before I applied and I didn't realize the mailing method made any difference so I thought I'd share my experience.

Originally posted by emanuser View Post
    If time is of concern to you - I highly recommend you use UPS or FedEx because USCIS guarantees a response within 10 days. Whereas if you use USPS, they make you wait 15-30 days to submit an inquiry if you don't receive notifications. I wish I had known - I used USPS because it was cheaper and was going to arrive very quickly anyway (mailed Saturday, arrived Monday). But I didn't realize that if for some reason anything went wrong, they would make me wait 15 days before looking into where my application went. Thankfully they were very helpful and kind whenever I called and it seems they eventually found my application but I wish I had used UPS. I did a lot of research before I applied and I didn't realize the mailing method made any difference so I thought I'd share my experience.
    emanuser - I agree with you. What is your priority date ?

Comment

emanuser - I agree with you. What is your priority date ?[/QUOTE]

I don't know - I still haven't received the letters in the mail and the texts didn't say. I'm a little frustrated that mine is taking so long while people who filed in March have already taken Biometrics. It's been a week since I received the texts and a basically a month since I sent my application.

Comment

emanuser - I agree with you. What is your priority date ?
        I don't know - I still haven't received the letters in the mail and the texts didn't say. I'm a little frustrated that mine is taking so long while people who filed in March have already taken Biometrics. It's been a week since I received the texts and a basically a month since I sent my application.
        [/QUOTE]

Dont worry, you will receive it today or Monday
        F2B
        2/7: delivered
        2/22: rejection because immigration visa is not available
        2/26: explanation letter, sent again
        2/28: PD
        3/14: 3 text message, check cashed out
        3/21: received 3 NOA by mail
        3/29: Biometric done
        4/23: Biometric done second time
        4/24: I485 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled Interview
        7/30: request I765 case out of normal processing time start at SR...

8/29: call and officer request another service start at T1B...
        9/5: received email card production

Comment

Interesting. When my package was sent we used Fedex. But we didn't get the first NOA until 3 weeks later...
          EB2 - National Benefits Center (I-485/I-765/I-131)
          - Priority Date: 10/19/2018
          - Biometrics NOA: 11/09/2018
          - Biometrics Appt: 11/26/2018
          - Fingerprint Review Completed: 11/28/2018 and again on 12/05/2018
          - Combo card (I-765/I-131) approved: 05/03/2019
          - Combo card (I-765/I-131) received: 05/10/2019
          - Interview Notice: 10/03/2019
          - Case Approved: 10/04/2019
          - Card in hand: 10/10/2019
          (374 days of DOL/I-140 and 356 days of AOS = 730 days of Green Card Process)

Comment

I just received my NOAs today (4 weeks from the day I mailed our application). PD is Feb 25 which is a relief - guess it didn't matter that NOA came a month later.

Comment

If youre using USPS and sending money orders for the USCIS fee's i would highly recommend to put insurance on the package based on the money orders value. Mailing price will be about $30-35 but you'll be guarded.

Comment

I just received my NOAs today (4 weeks from the day I mailed our application). PD is Feb 25 which is a relief - guess it didn't matter that NOA came a month later.
                emanuser - Great, so you finally got the NOA.

Even my PD is same as yours.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X