AOS Interview Raleigh - NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS Interview Raleigh - NC

Had today my interview in Raleigh Durham Field office.
    Interview was scheduled for 8:15AM, we arrived at 07:40AM.

At 08:00 the office opened the door, we went through the metal detector, and checked in.
    The girl at the reception checked our IDs and invitation letter, and gave us the ticket (K2), then she told us to wait on the second floor.
    We waited for 10 minutes, and our number was called (exactly at 08:15AM) and our IO, a middle age, red hair man, walked us in his office.
    He asked us to swear to tell the truth and then he took my picture and fingerprints

Then, he started with the questions.
    My wife and I have never been separated, and he asked questions to both of us, looking in the face the person from who he was expecting the answer.

He started with me.. he said you were not admitted to enter last December in Dublin (for who do not know, for travelers from Ireland to USA, the US immigration desks are in Dublin and not at destination).
    Why?
    I answered the truth, that I was overstayed for one month after my visa expiration because I was convinced that I was covered by my ESTA.
    After that, I reapplied for a new VISA at the US Embassy in my country, and my position was cleared by the embassy.

He told me that I have been very lucky to obtain a new visa after my ban, but he seemed satisfied about my answer, so he started to speak with my wife (US Citizen and Petitioner).
    He asked her basic questions (full name, DOB, her parents name) then he asked to show her green card.
    She answered that she never had a GC, but she became US Citizen as daughter of a US Citizen (her mother). He was very impressed about that, and asked her to tell him the story of her mother.

Then, it was my time for the questions.
    He asked me the same basic questions, how I met my wife, when we started to live together and where, why we moved in US, when I asked to marry my wife and how.

After that, he asked for any paper, picture we may have for him.
    We gave him:
    • Notarized letters from our friends (us Citizens) declaring our friendship and truthfulness of our marriage (we had four, from different friends). I have to say, the Officer was very pleased to receive these letters.
    • Joint car insurance
    • Joint tax return (2017 and 2018)
    • Joint bank statement
    • Joint Amex statement
    • Joint purchase agreement for the house
    • 50 pictures of our together and our families. He asked if there was copies or originals. We said copied from digital file, and he took all of them.
    • Flight tickets and reservations for vacations 2017 and 2018
    We had more, but he said that his folder was big enough, now.

So he said that we were approved, and If I need to travel for any emergency, just book an infopass and he will provide for the passport stamp.
    Then he asked if we have any more questions for him, and I asked what about all my other pending applications (I-130, AP and EAD). He told me I
    Last edited by Mistermanga; 04-18-2019, 11:39 AM.

Congrats Mistermanga! This is so encouraging to hear. My AOS interview is scheduled for July 9th in Raleigh Durham field office.

In terms of evidences, did you bring/prepared more documents than what you originally submitted to USCIS? How did you physically organize all your documents?

Any additional interview tips or advice regarding the Raleigh Durham field office?

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X