Had my AOS interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had my AOS interview

Hi guys I'm new to the forum. I had my AOS interview yesterday and I feel like it could of been better. The officer was nice. We get called back get sworn in and after the first thing he tells me is my medicals have expired if I had a new one I didn't. I wish my attorney would of said something. So now I have to wait till I get a letter so I know what office to send the new one to.

But my real concern is that when he was going through the yes no questions he asked if I ever worked in the US without authorization. I was being honest so I said yeah. He said how I said with a **** GC. He asked what type of jobs and if I had it with me I told him no I had tossed it. He wrote some things down and continued and said he was going to look into it. My question is do you guys think this will affect me in any way?

At the end of the interview nothing was given to me he just walked us out.

Originally posted by Amo_2012 View Post
    Hi guys I'm new to the forum. I had my AOS interview yesterday and I feel like it could of been better. The officer was nice. We get called back get sworn in and after the first thing he tells me is my medicals have expired if I had a new one I didn't. I wish my attorney would of said something. So now I have to wait till I get a letter so I know what office to send the new one to.

But my real concern is that when he was going through the yes no questions he asked if I ever worked in the US without authorization. I was being honest so I said yeah. He said how I said with a **** GC. He asked what type of jobs and if I had it with me I told him no I had tossed it. He wrote some things down and continued and said he was going to look into it. My question is do you guys think this will affect me in any way?

At the end of the interview nothing was given to me he just walked us out.
    Hi
    Your AOS can be denied

Good luck

Comment

Should I of said no?

Comment

What is your Field Office?
        Your attorney came with you to the interview?
        Last edited by JC777; 04-23-2019, 10:45 AM.

Comment

The **** are for counterfeit, non-genuine, GC, the forum change the 4 letter word that means the same.

Edit: the word start with fa and end with ke.
          Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
          Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
          Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
          ---
          All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

I worked with an expired work authorization for 2 months before my new card came, wasn't a problem because my husband is a USC. Not sure with a non-genuine GC though...that is like..fraud?
            PD - 3/2/2018
            Biometrics - sometime in April
            RFIE - 7/3
            Response to RFE received - 7/16
            Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 8/14
            EAD is being produced - 9/4
            Combo card in hand - 9/11
            Interview is scheduled - 1/18/2019
            Interview - 2/26/2019

Comment

This is complicated. I had mine today, in Irving Dallas and I am sick to the stomach. My husband who we have been living together for 2 years did not remember or wedding date or how I came into the country.
              he just took the interview too likely.
              i don

Comment

if you marry a USC and work without authorization, it will be forgiven. but if you use a f-a-k-e GC, that could be a fraud. you should ask your lawyer

Comment

I am married to a USC and we have 2 kids. I was just being honest. My lawyer was there and he didn't seem to concern. He said if they would come back with anything we would just have to file a waiver? Have you guys ever heard of this waiver?

Comment

Is it true they only want to know about 5 years prior employment or is it all of the time you've been in the US? When they ask the question?

Comment

They asked me about my previous employments too. We went back about 4 years. About that. I have heard of the waiver but haven

Comment

Originally posted by laaaabiii View Post
                        if you marry a USC and work without authorization, it will be forgiven. but if you use a f-a-k-e GC, that could be a fraud. you should ask your lawyer
                        Agreed, fraud is a crime of moral turpitude which is something USCIS does not appreciate. That being said, i guess all you can do is wait and then get a lawyer if the news is bad.
                        This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
                        122017 - PD
                        012518 - Biometrics
                        033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
                        062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
                        082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
                        090418 - 2nd we scheduled
                        091018 - first interview canceled
                        092118 - Request to reschedule int
                        102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
                        030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand
                        040219 - We canceled your int
                        040519 - Int sched
                        051419 - Interview
                        053119 - approved

Comment

This really bums me out I hope everything goes well. But what was I supposed to say? I was being honest. I've been in the US since I was 8. I needed to work.

Comment

Follow the advice your lawyer gives you. I think a waiver may be needed. If a waiver is required by USCIS, once your attorney submits the waiver and eventually gets approved, then your AOS will get approved at the end as well. Good thing you remained honest all the time. Good luck!
                            Last edited by JC777; 04-24-2019, 02:36 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X