X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 approved but I-485 denied

Hello,

Thanks for reading my post in advance.

I filed for my mother's green card (I-485 and I-130 together) when she was visiting me in USA. She had to leave urgently after few months because my grandfather was very sick and he passed away in couple of weeks after her return to India. I did not get a chance to file for the advanced parole. I received a I-130 approval notice after her departure and USCIS asked to provide another I-693 form because the version changed. Since I could not bring her back into the country, I gave a written notification to USCIS to withdraw the I-485 and give me the permission to complete the remaining process via NVC in India. I have received the letter from NVC to start the process in India, but at the same time I got a notice from USCIS indicating that her I-485 has been denied. Does that mean the Green card application has been denied? Do I need to start over? Or Can I continue the NVC process based on the I-130 approval? Please advise.

I'm sorry for your loss.
    I-485 is only for people doing the process in the USA, Now that the I-130 is approved then you and your mother need to do consular processing, more information:
    Once you are the beneficiary of an approved immigrant petition and an immigrant visa number is immediately available to you, there are two ways to apply for lawful permanent resident status (a

You won't use I-485 so I think you don't need to worry about the previous application.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Thanks Enub4 . I appreciate your advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X