Name change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name change

I filed all the forms for adjustment of status on my maiden name as all my civil documents were under that name. at the time of interview I requested that my green card will be issued on my husband’s name. Officer said no problem. Now my green card arrived and it is under my maiden name. I understand that to change it I have to submit form I-90 but the fee is almost $500. Is this considered as an error made by Homeland security and can the fee be waived? Does anybody have similar experience? How do I go about this? Or can I go change my SSN and drivers license with my marriage certificate and have green card on maiden name? This seems like never ending circle to me

I have read other posts from people that did the same as you and received the GC with the correct name, I'm sorry this was not your case.
    Did you only asked the officer or did you prepare a letter with the request? I wonder if they will admit an error if there is nothing in writing.
    Did you get a 2 year GC? Can you wait to change the name until your next step to get a 10 year GC or apply to citizenship?
    We may have this problem, please keep us updated if you send the I-90 with no fee saying there was an error with your name.
    I hope you can get this corrected soon or at least be able to change the SSN and drivers license. I think drivers license depends on your local office (there are so many differences between States and offices). Good luck.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X