Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know where my I-485 is being processed

Hello,
    I filled my I-140 under NIW last December and my I-485 in January. As I live in San Francisco/California, my I-140 was processed in Nebraska and I already received my Approval Notice. My question is about my pending I-485, for which my Receipt Notice says it was routed to National Benefits Center (NBC). However, there is no I-485 processing times for NBC. I've heard once that for concomitant I-140/I-485 Nebraska will process everything (including my I-485). However, I submitted my I-485 one month after my I-140, and I also heard that my I-485 will be processed at the San Francisco Service Center. Does anybody know it for sure it it is Nebraska or San Francisco in my case? The processing times of these two are very different and I have no idea which one of them is the one processing my case.

Thanks!
    Last edited by dan_gard; 07-16-2019, 04:59 PM.

San Fransisco. Your application file including I-485 stays at NBC until your local office is ready to interview you. So, processing times are estimated based on the speed of your local office processing these applications.
    2018 Marriage-based AOS (I-130, I-485, I-765)
    07-09: Package Delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
    07-17: NOA texts & emails (~10:30 pm)
    07-17: Checks cashed
    07-20: 3 NOAs received in the mail
    07-27: Biometrics letter in mail; scheduled for 08-08
    07-30: Biometrics done; USCIS received on 07-31
    08-02: RFIE for proof of legal employment; replied 08-04
    08-08: USCIS received RFIE, case no longer on hold
    10-04: AP approved
    11-28: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
    11-29: EAD approved

Comment

Originally posted by hpx3000 View Post
      San Fransisco. Your application file including I-485 stays at NBC until your local office is ready to interview you. So, processing times are estimated based on the speed of your local office processing these applications.
      Thanks a lot! This is way better, as San Francisco has a much shorter processing time.
      Another question, if I may: The processing time the website shows is related to: 1) the average time to approve/reject the application (entire process), 2) the average time until the date of interview or 3) the average time until the date that we receive the notice with the interview appointment?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_gard View Post

Thanks a lot! This is way better, as San Francisco has a much shorter processing time.
        Another question, if I may: The processing time the website shows is related to: 1) the average time to approve/reject the application (entire process), 2) the average time until the date of interview or 3) the average time until the date that we receive the notice with the interview appointment?
        Don't take my word for it but I remember reading an older post here which said that the lower number is how long it takes them to go through 50% of applications and the higher number for most (all?) applications. If it says 9-14.5 months, about 50% of the cases are interviewed within about 9 months of PD.
        2018 Marriage-based AOS (I-130, I-485, I-765)
        07-09: Package Delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
        07-17: NOA texts & emails (~10:30 pm)
        07-17: Checks cashed
        07-20: 3 NOAs received in the mail
        07-27: Biometrics letter in mail; scheduled for 08-08
        07-30: Biometrics done; USCIS received on 07-31
        08-02: RFIE for proof of legal employment; replied 08-04
        08-08: USCIS received RFIE, case no longer on hold
        10-04: AP approved
        11-28: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
        11-29: EAD approved

Comment