EB2 Retrogression in August Visa Bulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB2 Retrogression in August Visa Bulletin

With the retrogression in August Visa Bulletin for EB2 category, would that affect the interview in late July?

Interviewing on 7/24 so curious about this as well. From searching around, my understanding is if your case is approved & there is no gc left (unclear how this can be predicted - are all applications approved in July guaranteed a visa number?) they would send it to Texas or Nebraska & wait until the new FY. In some cases they end up getting the card mid-Nov.

Comment

From what I've gathered, the interviewer knows if a visa (GC) is available at the time of interview and they make their recommendation partly based on that.

Comment

anm2535bgfork : how were your interviews? Did you hit retrogression? Has your online case status changed since then? Any notices received? Or just waiting? Thanks for any info, I had my interview last week but I’m of course in EB3 retrogression, so wondering what to expect after a good interview.

Comment

Hi,

I have a friend got 485 EB2 interview last week (Aug 20), and the USICS officer told her that her case looked good, but no more visa, so they will send the case to NBC to wait for visa availability.
          Her online case status doesn't change since the interview. I hope this infor helps. This is San Francisco office.
          EB2, field office San Jose (Initially it was San Francisco)
          My timeline:
          Oct 2018: i-140 approved
          Dec 2018: 485, 765, 131 filed. NBC.
          Feb 2019: bio done
          May 2019: combo card in hand
          Jul 2019: case ready to schedule an interview
          Aug 29, 2019: Interview scheduled
          Aug 30, 2019: Interview canceled
          Sep 05, 2019: Interview scheduled.
          Oct 09, 2019: Interview date
          Waiting for the final result

Comment