X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AoS Interview Scheduled, but I haven't received anything in mail or text

EDIT:

UPDATE!

So I filed a request for resending me the interview notice, but I also called them again today and talked to the tier 2 agent, and I found out the date of my interview! It's on September 9, which, as you were all saying, is exactly five weeks since the status update. I am so glad that I kept calling them! Imagine if I just waited and waited, and missed my interview I wonder why the first time I talked to the tier 2 officer, only a week ago, he had no clue when my interview was. Frustrating.

They emailed me a copy of the interview notice and said that it should be sufficient to allow me into the interview. I still hope that the paper notice will get to me after I filed the request to resend it.

Thank you all so much for advice! It helped tremendously!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!

I applied for AoS through marriage at the end of March 2019. I filed all applications together (I-485, I-130, Travel Parole, Work Permit) and have been checking the updates on the USCIS website.

Shortly after mailing my documents, I received text messages from USCIS that they received them. I checked on their website to confirm that my AoS status also reflects the same updates there. All good.

After months of no updates, finally I randomly check my I-485 status on their website, and it says that on August 2, 2019, they have scheduled my interview and that they will mail me the notice about this interview (and to follow instructions on said notice). No other applications got any status updates since March, only the I-485.

I've been checking my mail, but haven't gotten anything from USCIS, nor did I receive any text messages (which I had received before). It's been almost three weeks since they scheduled my interview and I still haven't gotten anything. I don't want to miss it or somehow not receive the notice in mail and I'm a little nervous about it.

Do they normally send another update saying that they have actually mailed the notice to me? What if it got lost on the way and I wouldn't even know when it was mailed? How long did it take for your notice to get to you from the moment your I-485 status updated on their website saying that they had scheduled the interview date? Also, do they only use USPS?

Please let me know your suggestions as far as what to do, whom to contact, or what your experience with this was like.

Thank you!
    Last edited by agz; 08-31-2019, 03:18 AM.

If online it say interview scheduled and it is more than 10 days, you should call USCIS.

I don't have read anyone that got the update of "interview scheduled" and the letter wasn't delivered within 10 days (7 business days at most).

There are some cases that letters get lost in the mail. Calling USCIS and talking with a L2 officer (if needed) will tell you your interview date and they can fax you a copy of the letter so you can go to your interview.

They only send 1 letter with the interview date, no text/email (from what I read) nor other letter saying they sent you the interview letter.

There are very rare cases from people that didn't get the letter and no online updates either. After a few weeks or couple of months after missing the interview, they get a letter saying that they denied the AOS application for not going to the interview.

If your online update say they scheduled the interview on August 2, most probably you interview will be around September 6.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
      If online it say interview scheduled and it is more than 10 days, you should call USCIS.

I don't have read anyone that got the update of "interview scheduled" and the letter wasn't delivered within 10 days (7 business days at most).

There are some cases that letters get lost in the mail. Calling USCIS and talking with a L2 officer (if needed) will tell you your interview date and they can fax you a copy of the letter so you can go to your interview.

They only send 1 letter with the interview date, no text/email (from what I read) nor other letter saying they sent you the interview letter.

There are very rare cases from people that didn't get the letter and no online updates either. After a few weeks or couple of months after missing the interview, they get a letter saying that they denied the AOS application for not going to the interview.

If your online update say they scheduled the interview on August 2, most probably you interview will be around September 6.
      Thank you! I did call just now and they weren't able to provide me with the date of the interview, but they said that the notice has not been mailed yet and that it usually takes at least 30 days for them to mail it from the moment of scheduling. So I guess I'll just have to wait.

It does concern me that you mentioned you haven't heard of anyone not receiving the notice within 10 days, but maybe it is different now or they have delays.

The person on the phone said that it looks like the interview notice "has been ordered, but not sent yet".

I hope I'll get it soon. On a side note, I have not received a work permit or travel parole either, and I've heard those should come way before the interview for I-485, so that boggles me, too.

Comment

I haven't called yet, so I don't know, can you ask for their name or employment number? Just to confirm that you called and they told you that they don't have information and you have to wait.

I have read other people posting information like yours when talked with L1 officers (the people that answer the phone), but when they call again and ask for L2 officer, the information they can access is more complete (I guess). I haven't read any post that say that a L2 officer can't see the interview date. I even have read post from people that don't wait 7 days to get the letter and after a day or two from the online status change to "interview scheduled" they call and ask to talk with L2 officer and they told the exact day.

From my experience (reading numerous posts), I believe if you indeed get the "interview scheduled" a L2 officer should be able to tell you the date and fax you a copy of the letter.

Yes, maybe in your case they haven't printed/mailed your letter but I doubt that. If I were you I would call at least a couple of times before the end of the month.

Good luck, I hope you get the letter soon.
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

I haven't called yet, so I don't know, can you ask for their name or employment number? Just to confirm that you called and they told you that they don't have information and you have to wait.

I have read other people posting information like yours when talked with L1 officers (the people that answer the phone), but when they call again and ask for L2 officer, the information they can access is more complete (I guess). I haven't read any post that say that a L2 officer can't see the interview date. I even have read post from people that don't wait 7 days to get the letter and after a day or two from the online status change to "interview scheduled" they call and ask to talk with L2 officer and they told the exact day.

From my experience (reading numerous posts), I believe if you indeed get the "interview scheduled" a L2 officer should be able to tell you the date and fax you a copy of the letter.

Yes, maybe in your case they haven't printed/mailed your letter but I doubt that. If I were you I would call at least a couple of times before the end of the month.

Good luck, I hope you get the letter soon.

You are right I called USCIS and asked for tier 2. They provided me with date and time and place also. They can also tell you if they have mailed the notice or not
          Last edited by tauraos; 08-20-2019, 09:26 PM.
          09/19/2019 - Case Approved i130 & i485
          06/28/2021 - i-751 sent via UPS
          07/02/2021 - Check was cashed & got receipt number starting SRC
          07/06/2021 - Received 18 months extension in mail
          08/16/2021 - biometrics waived; received i797 in mail. Online status still at case received
          11/20/2021 - Received 24 months extension in mail

Comment

Call again and ask for tier 2 officer. The letter takes 2 weeks to get delivered and the interview is in 30-45 days from the day they schedule. They lied to you about the 30days and by now they should be able to see the day.

Comment

Originally posted by tauraos View Post
              You are right I called USCIS and asked for tier 2. They provided me with date and time and place also. They can also tell you if they have mailed the notice or not
              Thank you for confirming. Yes, I think is a good idea to call again and ask for a tier 2 officer.

BTW I saw your dates:
              Interview Scheduled - 08/15/2019
              Interview Date - 09/19/2019
              exactly 5 weeks from Interview Scheduled. I have seen most reports like this, a few are a few days over 5 weeks.
              ---

Comment

Thank you for confirming. Yes, I think is a good idea to call again and ask for a tier 2 officer.

BTW I saw your dates:

exactly 5 weeks from Interview Scheduled. I have seen most reports like this, a few are a few days over 5 weeks.

Yes and I have not received my notice yet but I have seen it arriving about almost 4 weeks before the interview.
                08/16/2021 - biometrics waived; received i797 in mail. Online status still at case received

Comment

Originally posted by Nyc17filer View Post
                  Call again and ask for tier 2 officer. The letter takes 2 weeks to get delivered and the interview is in 30-45 days from the day they schedule. They lied to you about the 30days and by now they should be able to see the day.
                  Thank you! I will definitely call them asap. Is it easy to get to the tier 2 officer or do I need a specific reason and they will give me a hard time trying to connect to them?

Comment

Originally posted by tauraos View Post
                    Yes and I have not received my notice yet but I have seen it arriving about almost 4 weeks before the interview.
                    I bet you will receive it in a day or two. Around a week from online status change.
                    ---

Comment

Originally posted by agz View Post

Thank you! I will definitely call them asap. Is it easy to get to the tier 2 officer or do I need a specific reason and they will give me a hard time trying to connect to them?
                      I have never called them. I guess sometimes is easier than others, depending on the person answering the phone. You must tell them that you are nervous because you haven't received your letter and you visited a website where all people received it in a week, and the appointment is 5 weeks from online status change and you are running out of time and don't want to miss the appointment.
                      ---

Comment

I bet you will receive it in a day or two. Around a week from online status change.
                        yes I am getting it today. USPS informed mail has a photo of it

Comment

Originally posted by agz View Post

you can call the regular USCIS number and explain your situation and urgency.
                          Then ask them to get you to tier 2. they will transfer your call
                          it is a callback service. so confirm your number and they will tell you the wait time. for me, I have called twice and wait time for callback was 2 hours and 5 hours. but they did call..
                          they will be able to give you the interview Date, Time, Place and confirm if they have dispatched the notice or not.
                          Sometime they dispatch the notice late based on when the interview is scheduled for..

Comment

I have never called them. I guess sometimes is easier than others, depending on the person answering the phone. You must tell them that you are nervous because you haven't received your letter and you visited a website where all people received it in a week, and the appointment is 5 weeks from online status change and you are running out of time and don't want to miss the appointment.
                            I talked to the tier 2 officer and he basically told me the same information as the first person I spoke to at USCIS, which is that the notice has not been mailed yet and that the status on the website will update once the interview notice is mailed. He said something about local offices doing their own thing and that he can't see what mine is up to, but I should be getting the notice any day now, however, from what he sees is that it's been ordered, but not mailed yet, and to call back in two weeks if I still haven't gotten anything.

Maybe I should call the local USCIS?

Ugh, it's so stressful. Why have they not mailed the notice by now...

Anyways, thank you everyone for the advice! I'll keep you updated.

Comment

I'm sorry that this is happening to you, so stressful. The good thing is that you called and they should have record of that.

I would call September 3 if nothing shows up in the mail, I hope you get the interview letter before that. Good luck.
                              ---

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X