Marriage-based interview completed, finger review completed afterwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage-based interview completed, finger review completed afterwards

We did marriage based I-485 interview on 08/13, went well, only 1 question had inconsistent answers but I told them the translation is wrong. Was told "I am going to do some background checks, if I need anything will let you know, if approved we will send it in the mail". On 08/28 the I-1485 status changes to "As of August 28, 2019, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number xxxx, at our National Benefits Center location. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address." We did the interview in field office, what the processing is at national benefit center?

Does this mean that the so-called secondary security check was completed and we should expect green card in the mail soon? We have very strong evidence of marriage, with joint insurance, bank account, credit card, joint condo and care ownership. Realistically I was very surprised by the background checks because we submitted fingerprint in Nov 2018 already and it should have completed a long time ago. This immigration official asked every question again on I-130 and I-485 forms, but she was not difficult or trying to be mean. She even corrected some mistakes on the form and let us sign it again. Overall I feel that the interview and process are becoming much more difficult and strict. Please let us know what to expect based on your experience.
    Last edited by te8435799; 09-05-2019, 11:16 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X